Last visit was: style=

Script on Class 91/Mk3 DVT 
 Post subject: Script on Class 91/Mk3 DVT
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:01 pm 
Forum Veteran

Trainz Version: T:ANE
Trainz Build: 78667
Author KUID: 0
I was wondering if anyone would know how to correct the lighting on Peter Hicks' Mk3 DVT, or indeed if it is possible at all?

Currently both the headlights, marker lights and tail lights are all on regardless of direction. I don't want to start messing with script as I don't know how. Is it simply a matter of a change to script or is there something more complicated required?

The other issue appears to be on the Class 91 itself. The pantograph doesn't raise or lower though the spark effect appears when running. Is there a possible fix or do I need to put up with it?

Cheers,
Innis

Post subject: Re: Script on Class 91/Mk3 DVT
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:06 pm 
Milepost 5

Trainz Version: Mac 2
Trainz Build: 65333
Author KUID: 306203
PFX wrote:
Peter Hicks' Mk3 DVT

I'm assuming from the reference to Peter Hicks and the Class 91 you mean his Mk4 DVT. Ignore at least half of below if you weren't!

PFX wrote:
Currently both the headlights, marker lights and tail lights are all on regardless of direction.

[...]

The other issue appears to be on the Class 91 itself. The pantograph doesn't raise or lower though the spark effect appears when running.

I remember having both of these problems when I first tried the Intercity 225 in TANE, but now I have neither, so it's fixable. Unfortunately, I don't remember what I did that fixed it. :oops: With the DVT, a whole host of strange behaviours disappear when you set the "engine" tag to "1", so try that first if you haven't already done it. I also changed the enginespec to <kuid:45317:102635> (Nexusdj's Mk3 DVT enginespec, rather than a class 89(!) one) and changed "*.tga" to "*.texture" to stop content manager moaning at me.

For the Class 91, the only change I've made to the config file was the ".tga" to ".texture" replacement. I think it's unlikely that'll fix the pantograph on its own, but it's the only change I have found so far. I didn't change any of the scripts, or make any changes to the pantograph asset itself.

There are the changes I've found by running around diff-ing the most likely files from my current version of Trainz to the originals, but if none of these work, I'll try to go through more systematically when I have some more time.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:34 pm 
Forum Veteran

Trainz Build: 94916
Author KUID: 630773
PFX wrote:
I was wondering if anyone would know how to correct the lighting on Peter Hicks' Mk3 DVT, or indeed if it is possible at all?

Currently both the headlights, marker lights and tail lights are all on regardless of direction. I don't want to start messing with script as I don't know how. Is it simply a matter of a change to script or is there something more complicated required?

The other issue appears to be on the Class 91 itself. The pantograph doesn't raise or lower though the spark effect appears when running. Is there a possible fix or do I need to put up with it?

Cheers,
Innis

It's definitely fixable because I repaired mine a long time ago.

I can't remember what I did now to repair it - but if you can hang on until the weekend when I have free time, I'll have a look for you. It certainly wasn't anything too drastic because I'm useless with scripts, etc.

From memory, I think I imported it back into TS12, ran it through one of the Pevsoft tools that cleaned up the coding, shifted it back into TANE - and then most of it had corrected itself.

I'll have a look at the weekend for you and report back.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:29 pm 
Forum Veteran

Scott, thanks for the reply and yes, I did mean the Mk4 DVT.

Briggsy, any help is appreciated and there isn't any rush.

Cheers,
Innis

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:32 pm 
Forum Veteran

Just remembered I completely forgot about this.

Will take a look for you and get back to you this weekend. I've written a reminder down this time so that I won't forget again.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:29 am 
Forum Veteran

Trainz Version: 2006 2012 T:ANE SP3
Author KUID: 214658
Briggsy wrote:

Will take a look for you and get back to you this weekend. I've written a reminder down this time so that I won't forget again.

Errr... Forget what?? :? Trainz? Never heard of it! :shock:

Dave :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:38 pm 
Forum Veteran

cyberdonblue wrote:
Briggsy wrote:

Errr... Forget what?? :? Trainz? Never heard of it! :shock:

Dave :lol:

Who are you again? ;-)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:41 pm 
Forum Veteran

Innis - I've checked my MK4 DVT for the tail-light issue - and I was correct. I have fixed it in the past.

I can either send you my repaired version of the working script file so that you can simply overwrite your file - or if you're comfortable doing so, I can paste the text from the script file below so that you can can 'cut and paste' it into your current script file. Whichever suits you?

I'll check the Pantograph issue now too - I suspect that's linked to the same script. I'll report back in a few minutes....

EDIT: Checked the pantograph - and that also works fine on my 91 - so I can also send you the working script for that, or post the code below. Whichever suits you.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:18 pm 
Forum Veteran

Trainz Version: TANE
Author KUID: 45317
Using the wayback machine I've just downloaded a raw version of the GNER mk4 pack and overwrote the existing versions I have in TANE . Looking through the files the only problem I can see is the engine tag on the DVT is set to 0 instead of 1 which conflicts with this entry in the DVT's script :

Code:
class mk4_dvt isclass Locomotive

That "engine" entry in the config file needs to be changed to 1

Tested in TANE with no faults after the config entry was amended .

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:31 pm 
Forum Veteran

Nexus, Briggsy,

Thanks for the solutions and yes Briggsy, if you paste the lighting script I can stick it in the one I have no problem.

While I'm trying to fix things, I can't remember if I asked before about fixing running numbers on rolling stock? If so, apologies but if not, when I add stock (specifically snowsignal's 1xx and 3xx DMUs and EMUs) all that displays is a row of 7s with a blue background. I have a vague recollection of repairing this once before but the method escapes me.

Cheers,
Innis