Discuss Scenery Creations.
cyberdonblue
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: 2006 2012 T:ANE SP3
Trainz Build: 105766
Author KUID: 214658

UK Through Truss Bridgework

Post by cyberdonblue »

Can anybody point me towards a decent set of Through Truss viaducts/bridges? My tracklaying labours have reach Manchester Central now and I've combed the DLS for what seems like weeks (probably only several hours over a few days in reality) but to no avail. I need it to be (preferably) a 2 track spline and it must be responsive to the "Straighten Spline" tool or it's of no use. I've seen one or two that look half decent (though with crap track) but they don't straighten and so can't be used on a curve without looking like a dog's hind leg.

Below is what I'm using at the moment but the colour is all wrong and as a consequence it all looks a bit of a mess:

Considering the variety of bridges and viaducts in the UK we seem to have sparse representation of them in Trainz. Most of the Truss constructions on the DLS are American and are not really appropriate for this country. Any help really would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Cheers

Dave

P.S. Dave (nexusdj) have you got any of your bluebrick (greybrick) viaduct stuff with through arches amongst your impeccable collection that maybe you haven't got round to releasing? (or if you have released them have I missed them?) It would be a godsend if you have, but not the end of the world if you haven't. Cheers :D
Nexusdj
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 123794
Author KUID: 45317

Re: UK Through Truss Bridgework

Post by Nexusdj »

cyberdonblue wrote:
P.S. Dave (nexusdj) have you got any of your bluebrick (greybrick) viaduct stuff with through arches amongst your impeccable collection that maybe you haven't got round to releasing? (or if you have released them have I missed them?) It would be a godsend if you have, but not the end of the world if you haven't. Cheers :D
Bridgework looks great Dave and I've just uploaded to the DLS 12 various FMA/FMA2 greybrick bridge reskins (arches , viaducts and brick & steel decked bridges).
Hopefully available Monday evening unless I've killed the DLS again by uploading content 2 days on the trot :lol:
High visibility pixels must be worn when on or about the line !!
cyberdonblue
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: 2006 2012 T:ANE SP3
Trainz Build: 105766
Author KUID: 214658

Re: UK Through Truss Bridgework

Post by cyberdonblue »

Thanks Dave. That's sounds like a lottery win to me :lol:. As I'm sure you know, with most constructions in Trainz, there's a lot of "make do and mend" going on in order to achieve what you want but your blue/grey brick stuff is absolutely invaluable for a project like the approaches to Manchester - whatever direction it's approached from. There's an awful lot of red brick stuff too but the current FMA red brick stuff is fantastic for that (even if there is a little height cheating required here and there :lol: ) and to have similar options for the blue/grey will make life so much easier. I'll be watching the DLS with interest; many, many thanks Dave.

Cheers

Dave