Hitachi 800 IET !

Lists of Work in Progress and released content.
Jacks trainz
Past 100!
Trainz Version: TRS2022
Trainz Build: 4
Author KUID: 672927

Hitachi 800 IET !

Post by Jacks trainz »

Good evening all

Those who like to create modern era in trainz may find this current piece of content I'm working on interesting. As the title says I'm currently working on one of the new Hitachi express passenger trains. So far I've created the bogies and body and put a basic GWR green skin on. I will be attempting to create opening doors.

It's still work in progress but I will be hoping to complete it soon to go on my prototypical Riviera line route. I will most likely release it too.

I'm trying to keep the poly level to as low as possible. Here is some screenshots of the skined mesh
GWR Hitachi over view.png
GWR Hitachi side view.png
It's not perfect but I am happy I have made good enough replica. Finding technical information to use to create the mesh has proved difficult . I've used information from simular Hitachi units to help me.

Hope you all like it !

Regards jack
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cyberdonblue
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: 2006 2012 T:ANE SP3
Trainz Build: 105766
Author KUID: 214658

Re: Hitachi 800 IET !

Post by cyberdonblue »

It's light years better than anything I could produce, Jack, so well done and give yourself a bit of self praise for your achievement. Content Creators are always welcome in Trainz, and those making British stuff are doubly welcome in my book :lol:

I'm an old BR blue and grey man myself but I'm sure you'll find plenty of grateful takers when you release it. ;)

Cheers

Dave
Jacks trainz
Past 100!
Trainz Version: TRS2022
Trainz Build: 4
Author KUID: 672927

Post by Jacks trainz »

Thank you Dave. I've been wanted to create locomotives and rolling stock for some time now. I'm normally creating signs buildings and platforms, but recently I've been wanting to do something a bit more advanced. Of course making a locomotive is quite a step up.

I choose the Hitachi 800 for two main reasons. One being that it hasn't yet been done for trainz. There's quite a lot of things now that have been created for trainz, and finding something new is a little difficult when there's so much already out there.

One thing I've also notice is missing from trainz is a class 68. This has also set up another project. Although the 68 is a little difficult as there is not an awful lot of information available online to help create a good looking locomotive mesh. I'm enjoying the challenge though, despite the nightmare of getting things right. But the saying goes good things come to those who are patient. I will continue to persiver with the challenge. All the 3D CAD work is useful practice for me as an engineer apprentice. I'm learning new a better ways of doing things every day!

I will post more progress on this thread as I create progress. Feel free to give criticism and improvements everyone.
x-benjamin-x
New Starter
Trainz Version: T:ANE
Trainz Build: 88364
Author KUID: 221001

Post by x-benjamin-x »

Sorry to revive a dead thread, but did anything ever come of this?
RDLOVER777
Past 100!
Trainz Version: 3.7
Trainz Build: 61388
Author KUID: 657338

Post by RDLOVER777 »

thats just a 395 painted green
STADLER FLIRTS FOREVER!