Several little issues!

pellet
Past 250!
Trainz Version: 2010, S&C
Trainz Build: 49933
Author KUID: 176287

Several little issues!

Post by pellet »

After a long while away, it seems I have traffic on my route. I've never wanted this, so I'm not sure why they've returned. However, I can't find the option to turn it off. Can anyone help as to how to disable it on a route?

Also, despite the region being UK, when I place trains, they face the other way, as if they are being placed on track in a continental region?

And thirdly, when I click on the Trains option in surveyor, it comes up with some American thing beginning with U selected, rather than the first item in my list; AAC Anthracite. Does anyone know how to change this too?

Is there a way to change the text colour in the options menu for the route, locos etc to pure white rather than a mix of white and grey? I'm struggling to read some of it?

When I set the options up in surveyor, i.e. time, weather, control mode etc, they don't seem to be carried over when I start a quick drive?

Thanks if anyone can help, I'm a bit confused as to why all these things have started happening, or not as the case may be!
Dan Adkins

Please feel free to visit my photo website:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dan700/
squit13
Past 500!
Trainz Version: TRS12 SP1
Trainz Build: 58414
Author KUID: 465987

Re: Several little issues!

Post by squit13 »

I'm a little out of things at the moment, however I may be able to shed a little light on a few things for you, which may help, or hinder!

1. Traffic on the route is dictated by the 'region' set in the route/session properties. This can only be changed in content manager, and changing for the region. Setting the region to 'none' will remove traffic.

2. The region doesn't dictate the facing of the trains when placed. This is set by the direction in which the track was layed. So, say you are doing double track straight across a piece of paper. Lay the top track from left to right and the bottom from right to left, and then the top train will face to the right, and the bottom to the left when placed. It is also worth bearing in mind when placing track that, without direction markers, trains will opt for the correct 'facing' lines (as per how they were layed) over track layed against the route.

3. I'm not certain, and guessing a little, but it could be the last train selected and placed, or even one which is being edited in CMP or something?

4. I'm not certain, it may be in a HTML file somewhere? or you could create a HTML file to attach to the route perhaps.

5. Time weather and control mode are all saved as part of the session. Quickdrive is essentially a session generated new each time with a standard set of its own settings, so time reverts to 1000, and weather and the control method standardised, ready to be customised from the Quickdrive menu. Or maybe I'm thinking of something else, or your meaning the 'drive route' option from surveyor? in which case ensure you are saving the session!

As I say much of that could be incorrect, but some may be of help!

Cheers,
Huccaby
I'm gonna' be a 'senior driver'-According to the Trainz 12 Achievements, thats 10,000 hours-over 1 year constantly using trainz, without faults...

TRS12 Ann Ed.
pellet
Past 250!
Trainz Version: 2010, S&C
Trainz Build: 49933
Author KUID: 176287

Re: Several little issues!

Post by pellet »

Thanks, gives me something to work with.
Dan Adkins

Please feel free to visit my photo website:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dan700/