Turnout query

Kevaylett
New Starter
Trainz Version: 2009 sp4

Turnout query

Post by Kevaylett »

Hey all,

I want set up a signal controlled crossing (no turnout) on the on the following picture. The track on the left will cross over the right track. I have all the ATLS and ASB items, but have so far failed to make it work using the ATLS items. I'm not sure if the ASB items will be applicable here. Is there any ideas on how this can be achieved if at all possible?

Many thanks

Kev

kevaylett_20130531_0008 by kevtrainz, on Flickr
Joe_T
R.I.P
Trainz Version: TS2009
Trainz Build: 41844

Re: Turnout query

Post by Joe_T »

Use the payware ASB although I have noticed it is right next to a station so may not have enough room to set it up correctly. All I can say is have a try and see what happens :)
Boat
New Starter
Trainz Version: 12

Re: Turnout query

Post by Boat »

Hi,

Just stumbled across this.

ASB Turnout is not needed for this set-up. That is specifically for use when there IS a turnout (point) to switch. ie - A Double Track Turnout.

Here, the free ASB Crossover should work fine for the rail crossing. Where you place the Triggers will depend on what happens just before the station, (below the picture) and if all trains stop at the station. If they do, then the 'cross' Trigger could go just after the station to be triggered as the train moves off. Not a lot of room. You will need to reduce the Trigger Radius to 1.
Also you will need to put the ASB Controlled signal just after the station too. (Can you move the station back a few feet?).
Make sure you put the 'main' Triggers a long way out so any approaching trains will claim the crossing and not have to do an emergency stop!

You presumably also want road traffic to stop. I suggest you do this separately using ATLS in LCM mode. Again the Trigger could be next to the ASB Crossover Trigger.... or use an ATLS Driver Command.

I see you have ASB Turnout too. You WILL need that for your proper turnouts. Hope you are finding it OK!

Cheers,

Boat

www.boatztrainz.co.uk