Railwaves Voyager & Electrostar (Faulty)

grantyboy
Milepost 1
Trainz Version: 2009
Trainz Build: 44653

Railwaves Voyager & Electrostar (Faulty)

Post by grantyboy »

Hi guys,

Have done a quick search on the forum and only found one thread related to this, however I couldn't find the solution!

I'm having trouble with the RW Voyager and Electrostar in Trainz 2009 running on the latest patch (44653).

So here are the errors I am getting:

Voyager 220 DMF: Error: Unable to read script source file 'voyager220dmf.gse'

Voyager 220 DMSL: Error: Unable to read script source file 'voyager220dmsl.gse'

Voyager 220 MS(A): Error: Unable to read script source file 'voyager220msa.gse'

Voyager 220 MS(B): Error: Unable to read script source file 'voyager220msb.gse'

Voyager 220 Cabin: Error: Unable to read script source file 'voyager220cabin.gse'

The voyager works absoloutely fine on the original Trainz 2009 patch!

It's a similar story with the Electrostar:

Class 377 DMSO Southern: Error: Texture 'electro377dmso_sr_body/glass.texture' is missing or could not be loaded for mesh 'electro377dmso_sr_body\doortimer.im'.

Class 377 PTSO Southern: Error: Texture 'electro377ptso_sr_body/glass.texture' is missing or could not be loaded for mesh 'electro377ptso_sr_body\doortimer.im'.

Class 377 TSO Southern: Error: Texture 'electro377tso_sr_body/glass.texture' is missing or could not be loaded for mesh 'electro377tso_sr_body\doortimer.im'.

Class 377 MSO Southern: Error: Texture 'electro377mso_sr_body/glass.texture' is missing or could not be loaded for mesh 'electro377mso_sr_body\doortimer.im'.

Electrostar357Cabin: Error: Unable to read script source file 'electrostar357cabin.gse'

Sorry about the amount of information provided, I'm not too familiar with how the scripts work etc and I know that the scripts for these are encrypted. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong / have done wrong?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Grant.
kj3400
Milepost 1
Trainz Version: TS2009 + TS2012
Trainz Build: 58414
Author KUID: 415684

Re: Railwaves Voyager & Electrostar (Faulty)

Post by kj3400 »

Weird, I have the same patch and my railwaves voyager and electrostar work just fine.
grantyboy
Milepost 1

Post by grantyboy »

Hmm.. I just don't know what it could be.

When I go into surveyor and add the Voyager to a piece of track the name is highlighted in red, nonetheless it lets me place it on a piece of track and when I go into driver the Voyager is invisible but I can still hear it, use the horn etc :S
squit13
Past 500!
Trainz Version: TRS12 SP1
Author KUID: 465987

Post by squit13 »

Try running an EDR(extended Database Repair) from your CMP(content manager plus).
Sometimes such an operation can eradicate strange behaviours-as are the ones you describe.

And if you haven't already, you may wish to introduce yourself over in member introductions... XD

Cheers,
Huccaby
I'm gonna' be a 'senior driver'-According to the Trainz 12 Achievements, thats 10,000 hours-over 1 year constantly using trainz, without faults...

TRS12 Ann Ed.
kj3400
Milepost 1
Trainz Version: TS2009 + TS2012
Author KUID: 415684

Post by kj3400 »

Putting the game in compatibility mode also helps. A lot of content I have wouldn't work otherwise. You can access that via the option menu.
grantyboy
Milepost 1

Post by grantyboy »

Thanks for the responses guys!

@squit13 I've just done an extended database repair but to no avail, it's still marked as faulty in CMP.
Ah thank you, that's the first thing I did when I signed up :)

@kj3400 sorry I forgot to mention I already have the game in compatability mode so no luck there either.

It must be something I've done then. Thanks again for the responses guys :)
squit13
Past 500!
Trainz Version: TRS12 SP1
Author KUID: 465987

Post by squit13 »

grantyboy wrote:Thanks for the responses guys!

@squit13 I've just done an extended database repair but to no avail, it's still marked as faulty in CMP.
Okay, perhaps try opening the asset for edit, then immediately committing it again. This sometimes resets the database a bit.
If that also fails, under the right click menu, there should be 'revert to original'. You could try that. If you have manually added the patch, you may have to do this again, but test it before hand.
And finally, delete the asset and re-install the asset.
grantyboy wrote:Thanks for the responses guys!

Ah thank you, that's the first thing I did when I signed up :)
Opps, didn't realise it was earlier in the month you signed up. I was thinking it was today. Should have looked.

Cheers,
Huccaby
I'm gonna' be a 'senior driver'-According to the Trainz 12 Achievements, thats 10,000 hours-over 1 year constantly using trainz, without faults...

TRS12 Ann Ed.
grantyboy
Milepost 1

Post by grantyboy »

Thanks again Huccaby!

I've attempted all of the above bar the patch reinstallation. So I'll give that a try tomorrow and report back with results! Lets hope I can fix it :)

Thanks, Grant.

//EDIT:

I managed to fix the Voyager but haven't managed to fix the Class 357 or 377.

Just thought I'd write a quick explanation on how I fixed the Voyager in case anyone else is having the same problem. As the Voyager was on my old computer in TS2009 and wasn't marked as faultly, I opened it for edit in CMP using the windows explorer option, I then copied all of the relevant files in the 'editing' folder within the TS2009 directory in program files, and then opened the faulty Voyager files in CMP on my new computer, went to the 'editing' folder (again same directory as before) and copied the non faulty ones across.

:)
Nexusdj
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 123794
Author KUID: 45317

Post by Nexusdj »

Check the body folders of each of the vehicles that are supposedly missing the "glass" texture to see if the texture and its associated notepad file are actually there ?

If they are then you need to run the doortimer.im file through the Pevsoft PM2IM program to strip the textures from the mesh .
http://trainz.shaneturner.co.uk/tutoria ... ools/pm2im.

With the PM2IM program installed and running click on "Options" and select "Open IM file"
Navigate to the location of the doortimer.im and select it , the program should then strip the textures .

Do this for each doortimer.im file and then commit each vehicle in CMP and hopefully that should clear that problem .

If on the other hand the actual texture is missing from the body folder of the vehicle then you will need to either source it from another Railwaves vehicle that has it or fabricate one up in a suitable image editor .
High visibility pixels must be worn when on or about the line !!
grantyboy
Milepost 1

Post by grantyboy »

Ah brilliant, thank you Nexusdj!

I followed all instructions with regards to the PM2IM software and it worked a treat, no longer faulty in CMP and works just as it should in driver!

Was worried I wouldn't be able to get these working again!

Really appreciate the help Nexus, Huccaby and kj3400!

Thanks all,

Grant.