Delia
Milepost 3
Trainz Version: Trainz 2009
Trainz Build: 38411
Author KUID: 172702

TrainzUtil

Post by Delia »

Guys,

Have just patched my TS2009 upto SP4 this evening, but now find there is about 3 or 4 different TrainzUtils running in the background. Even when the game isn't running. I tried stopping them but they just reappear on the processes list, what exactly is TrainzUtils and what is it doing? I've never seen this before and this is the first time since a fresh install where I've had the ungodly 3 or 4 hour waiting session for the thing to rebuilt the database....

Thanks

Tom
shaneturner12
Past 250!
Trainz Version: TS12/TANE CE
Trainz Build: 61388
Author KUID: 234888

Re: TrainzUtil

Post by shaneturner12 »

TrainzUtil is the background process that helps manage the Trainz Asset Database by validating content and converting textures when content is committed. The reason you have only just started seeing it is because it is more active in TS2009 SP4 (due to the addition of another background process - TADDaemon, which also helps manage the Trainz Asset Database). The important thing with these two is to allow both to close fully before shutting down your computer.

Shane
Delia
Milepost 3
Trainz Version: Trainz 2009
Trainz Build: 38411
Author KUID: 172702

Re: TrainzUtil

Post by Delia »

Thanks for your help Shane, that clears things up a little bit. After leaving TS2009 all night to rebuild itself, its opened straight up this morning, hopefully that might be it for problems for the moment.

Thanks

Tom