content despatcher problem

bylander56
New Starter
Trainz Version: 2004 passenger

content despatcher problem

Post by bylander56 »

hi guys if anyone can supply a solution to the following issue I'd really appreciate it. I'm hoping to get trainz 2010 or 2012 soon, but have just got my trainz 2004 (previously on an older pc with win xp) installed to windows 7, completed the online registraion and downlaoaded SP4 upgrade etc. but I can not access the content despatcher. Error message reads: 'you can not access Content Despatcher because Trainz is not installed on this machine' (!)
The basic game plays ok so far, but I'd really like to download some british steam & diesel locos etc. and get some creative practice in before buying a more up-to-date trainz edition. Thanks for any help on this guys. Have a great xmas.
bylander56
New Starter

Re: content despatcher problem

Post by bylander56 »

I think I might have caused the problem myself. I registered my name and trainz serial number manually before installing the game to my online pc. What should I do now - anyone?
bird_d00
Past 100!
Trainz Version: UTC,TRS2004, TRS2006
Author KUID: 338848

Post by bird_d00 »

I would imagine that this is one of the usual Microsh*t "You don't have permision to use your own computer" problems. Did you install and run it using "run as administrator" ? Alternatively try installing again - but not to the "program files" directory as Windows 7 doesn't like user programs saving data files there.

Dave Bird
bylander56
New Starter

Post by bylander56 »

Thanks for the advice Dave. I did install it as administrator, but several other things have also occurred and the game kept crashing - with no 'pattern' to pinpoint the cause. It became so unstable (after initial okay running for 2/3 hours first session) I've now uninstalled it from windows 7 pc and am making do with the old pc with win xp. I've read alot of others having problems with 2009/11/ and latest 2012 trainz, so i'm wary of spending good cash on yet another new pc or total upgrade to be able to install those editions! Also, registering the later games online with Steam (Valve corp) puts me right off, as I lost two brand new games (popular Napoleonic) thru that registration and the backup/query procedure sent me (and others) thru repetitive loops that got my requests for help nowhere. Steam is not for my trainz enjoyment. Sorry for the moan - it still makes me crazy thinking on it. Thanks again for the advice and I wish you all the very best for Xmas and New Year.