greetings from ruddigore

New members please feel free to introduce yourself to everyone.
ruddigore
New Starter
Trainz Version: ts2010

greetings from ruddigore

Post by ruddigore »

I'm an ex-pat kiwi now living in the western USA. when I was young all we had in NZ were marklin and hornby-dublo model trains so I grew up with a love of english and continental railways.My main interest is pre-BR railways and to a lesser extent the BR era. Of course NZ railways were always interesting but there were no commercial models available. I was a model railroader untill I lost my train room so I've taken to trainz. Now I can have any nationality of railroads I want which broadens the outlook considerably. I'm new to trainz and am still struggling with a lot of the terms and the conventions (not to mention the scripting language even though I was a software engineer). SO hello to all of you and to all a good ride.
Itareus
Past 250!
Trainz Version: 06/TC3/09/10/12/TANE
Trainz Build: 4
Author KUID: 243828

Re: greetings from ruddigore

Post by Itareus »

Welcome to the Forums and to Trainz, I'm sure you will enjoy the ride. It might be a bit bumpy at times, getting used to creating routes and other content can involve a steep learning curve, but well worth the effort - and it's a hell of lot cheaper than buying and housing the model equivalent !

Cheers.