John P. by way of intoduction

New members please feel free to introduce yourself to everyone.
parryjc
New Starter
Trainz Version: T:ane SP2
Trainz Build: 90945

John P. by way of intoduction

Post by parryjc »

Hi to all,

A week of trying, finally made it to the Forum.
English born, bred from ancestors who had close conections with Birmingham, although I never lived within the City boundary, Olton, South of Acocks Green by a couple of miles, being the closest I ever got. But the heart is that of a Brummy.

I left the shores of Old Blighty January 2008, for the sunshine of West Turkey where I lived for Eight years, before I married a beauty from the Ukraine, subsequently moved there. Now after two years in Ternopil, West Ukraine, I feel ready to move again ,there is so much of the world I havn't seen and at 73 time is not my friend any more.

Canals of the UK are I suppose my first love, closely folowed by trains, particularly early 1900's and architecture.

Started seriously modeling trains in TS12, about four years before retiring, then I got T:ane and started again, now N3V give me directional track.............Start again John. To date I have spent thousands of hours research on all aspects of Birmingham Snow Hill, an iconic Victorian Station which the City Fathers (in their wisdom?) :( saw fit to erradicate and replace with a concrete carbuncle of a car park.
Snow Hill, from a modelers point of view is chalenging, with five levels and point work any ballet dancer would be proud of :)
When I've cleared away the debrie maybe I can post a picture or two.

You'll find me in Trainz forum under the same name as here parryjc

My kindest regards to you all,
With best wishes for the New year. May you always have a full wallet, a full stomach, and a fully active life.

John P.
clam1952
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 116243
Author KUID: 425700

Re: John P. by way of intoduction

Post by clam1952 »

Welcome to the forum John.

Snow Hill? least it's a station again after being destroyed!

Malc
Cheers

Malc

Member of Trainz Carriage and Wagon Works
http://www.trainz-carriage-wagon-works.com/
cyberdonblue
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: 2006 2012 T:ANE SP3
Trainz Build: 105766
Author KUID: 214658

Re: John P. by way of intoduction

Post by cyberdonblue »

Welcome John, it's nice to see you here. I'm sure you'll fit in easily and be a fount of knowledge for all things Snow Hill :D

Snow Hill is indeed a station again, Malc, but not a patch on the old Victorian one. It was a sight to behold when walking around it and far bigger than many of the photographs of it in its heyday suggest.

Cheers

Dave