Appreciation

PFX
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 119450

Appreciation

Post by PFX »

Hello all.

I've been meaning to say this for a while and I've finally remembered.

It's great having the option of this forum over the N3V one and I'm very grateful to Mark for providing us all with this alternative. While the N3V forum is huge in comparison to this one, it is increasingly filled with rude, abrasive, puerile members (although there are some very good, tolerant and helpful people there). BTF is a relative oasis of calm and I can be pretty certain if I post some plea for help here, someone will have an answer, or between us, we can muddle through to a solution.

I'd just like to thank each and every one of you for being so helpful, showing such understanding, and generally making this forum such a very pleasant place to visit. If only they could all be as harmonious as this one.

Cheers,
Innis
cyberdonblue
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: 2006 2012 T:ANE SP3
Trainz Build: 105766
Author KUID: 214658

Re: Appreciation

Post by cyberdonblue »

I can only echo those sentiments, Innis, though I have to admit that I was probably the last one from this side of the water to unload both barrels on that forum. Sometime ago now, of course, and I'm not particularly proud of it. It is, as you say, much more peaceful in this forum and the members are much more co-operative as I, as much as any member here, have good reason to be thankful for. My thanks go out to Mark for hosting the site and to everyone else too for making the site a pleasure to visit daily, particularly those who have provided specific help and assistance to me personally during some of the more sticky moments.

It might be a good time and place to nudge people about a little donation to Mark as well to help with the upkeep of this site. A little can go a long way.

Cheers

Dave
Marky7890
Site Admin
Trainz Version: TRS2019
Trainz Build: 90945
Author KUID: 179051

Post by Marky7890 »

Thanks guys :) After the UKTrainz forum shut I felt it was important to start a new forum for the UK community to still have a place to discuss Trainz, and as I already had hosting, it was fairly easy to add another site on, then came the domain. Crazy how that was 7 years ago now!!

But I would also like to thanks all our members who use the forum and keep it active, over 1,500 of you! Its great how the place has grown over the years. Also the staff (Class172 and Briggsy) who make my job of running the place easier :)

Mark
Briggsy
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS2019 + TANE SP3
Trainz Build: 105096
Author KUID: 630773

Post by Briggsy »

This forum is great - very informative, full of great people and full of great content creators. Everyone gets along and respects everyone else.

The N3V forum is possibly the worst forum I've ever been on. The majority of members on there could start an argument in an empty room. It's pathetic.

This forum is the complete opposite. It barely needs moderating - it takes care of itself (apart from a couple of dodgy members called PFX and Cyberdonblue. Gotta keep an eye on those fellas ;-) )

Thanks to Mark for keeping it running for us - and thanks to everyone else for their friendly manner, vast knowledge and superb content (although I'm slightly disappointed in the lack of tilting content..... ;-) ).
Marky7890 wrote:Also the staff (Class172 and Briggsy) who make my job of running the place easier :)

Mark
No problem at all. You're welcome.

That reminds me. I haven't been paid yet..... ;-)
cyberdonblue
Forum Veteran

Post by cyberdonblue »

I don't know how this place could survive without you Briggsy :lol: ;)

I've also recently discovered that copious amounts of alcohol make EVERYTHING tilt. However, it can have its disadvantages sometimes :? :(

Cheers

Dave
Briggsy
Forum Veteran

Post by Briggsy »

cyberdonblue wrote:I don't know how this place could survive without you Briggsy :lol: ;)

I've also recently discovered that copious amounts of alcohol make EVERYTHING tilt. However, it can have its disadvantages sometimes :? :(

Cheers

Dave
We need more crash damaged content like that. I'm sure Greeni or Nexusdj could knock up a tilting, crash damaged Class 150 sprinter that will be backwards compatible with Trainz 2006 :-D
greeni
Past 750!
Trainz Version: TRAINZ22PE
Trainz Build: 123799
Author KUID: 174088

Post by greeni »

briggsy you maybe on to something there, broken or crash damaged for a depot scenery type of detail. ;)

Image08031 by neil vallender, on Flickr

edit: added picture
Briggsy
Forum Veteran

Post by Briggsy »

greeni wrote:briggsy you maybe on to something there, broken or crash damaged for a depot scenery type of detail. ;)

Image08031 by neil vallender, on Flickr

edit: added picture
Something like that would look superb. A row of scrap trains on a depot sidings :-D

Or even some loco's without underframes and bogies set as scenery objects so that a Trainz Vic Berry's-esque scrapyard scene could be produced:

;-)
cyberdonblue
Forum Veteran

Post by cyberdonblue »

What a heart breaking sight for an old BR blue man :cry:

Cheers

Dave
clam1952
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 116243
Author KUID: 425700

Post by clam1952 »

cyberdonblue wrote:I can only echo those sentiments, Innis, though I have to admit that I was probably the last one from this side of the water to unload both barrels on that forum. Sometime ago now, of course, and I'm not particularly proud of it. It is, as you say, much more peaceful in this forum and the members are much more co-operative as I, as much as any member here, have good reason to be thankful for. My thanks go out to Mark for hosting the site and to everyone else too for making the site a pleasure to visit daily, particularly those who have provided specific help and assistance to me personally during some of the more sticky moments.

It might be a good time and place to nudge people about a little donation to Mark as well to help with the upkeep of this site. A little can go a long way.

Cheers

Dave
Plus 1

Thanks for the Donation reminder, just done it.

Malc
Cheers

Malc

Member of Trainz Carriage and Wagon Works
http://www.trainz-carriage-wagon-works.com/
Marky7890
Site Admin
Trainz Version: TRS2019
Trainz Build: 90945
Author KUID: 179051

Post by Marky7890 »

Thanks for the donations :)
Class172
SOTM Moderator
Trainz Version: T:ANE
Trainz Build: 94916
Author KUID: 485742

Post by Class172 »

It appears I was too late to the thread and Briggsy has already stolen all the one-liners...

I can only agree with the comments that have already been made. I forget the other forum exists for most of the time; there is a far greater wealth of information and a willingness to help on here, so I thank Mark for setting it up, but also everyone else who contributes to the very congenial atmosphere.

I've even managed to squeeze a donation out of my measly student budget.
Briggsy wrote:I haven't been paid yet..... ;)
...wait, why did I just make that donation? :lol:
Briggsy
Forum Veteran

Post by Briggsy »

Class172 wrote:...wait, why did I just make that donation? :lol:
So that Mark can use it to write my cheque :lol:
cyberdonblue
Forum Veteran

Post by cyberdonblue »

Briggsy wrote:
I heard a whisper that it's in the post... :|

Cheers ;)

Dave ( :lol: )
Briggsy
Forum Veteran

Post by Briggsy »

cyberdonblue wrote:
Briggsy wrote:
I heard a whisper that it's in the post... :|

Cheers ;)

Dave ( :lol: )
I don't seem to have much luck with cheques and bank transfers.

Still waiting for six £250,000 prize cheques from Readers Digest and £11m from a Nigerian guy that's been emailing me for eight years telling me he has 6 months left to live :-(