matthewa
Past 250!
Trainz Version: TC3
Author KUID: 318250

Re: It's oh so quiet...

Post by matthewa »

Nexusdj wrote:
matthewa wrote:
Nexusdj wrote:It'll make up for a few that have left and gone over to the Darkside (other sim) :lol:
I'm one of them... Haven't touched Trainz since I released the Wrexham and Shropshire stock back in May!! :oops:
New version of that Sim coming in September so get ready for a lot of the older DLC and Third party / custom scenarios to be broken again (The update is free but you don't really have a choice unlike Trainz !!).
:lol:

I don't have any old DLC and any Third party / custom scenarios... :P
PFX
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 119450

Post by PFX »

WessexElectricNutter wrote:Nope, still trying to keep active, I've been landed with a railway like role which I think I spoke about, on the gateline at Haslemere, the early starts get to me though and I have far less time. (Plus SWT and my agency keep extraditing me to Guildford!) It slows my progress down and I also have a number of problems going on at home. Hopefully, these will soon be sorted.
Fingers crossed I'll be doing something similar soon enough. I've made it onto the list for conductor over here. Could take up to two years though which is a bit annoying.
WessexElectricNutter
Past 100!
Trainz Version: TANE
Trainz Build: 74539
Author KUID: 30051

Post by WessexElectricNutter »

PFX wrote:
WessexElectricNutter wrote:Nope, still trying to keep active, I've been landed with a railway like role which I think I spoke about, on the gateline at Haslemere, the early starts get to me though and I have far less time. (Plus SWT and my agency keep extraditing me to Guildford!) It slows my progress down and I also have a number of problems going on at home. Hopefully, these will soon be sorted.
Fingers crossed I'll be doing something similar soon enough. I've made it onto the list for conductor over here. Could take up to two years though which is a bit annoying.

Funny, my managers wanted me to apply for the position and better, they want me to work for them...! That says a lot for hard work. Seems like if you can't get anywhere "traditionally", try giving the agency route a whirl. (Also, try getting some work experience if you can. Be realistic though, you aren't going to be on-train staff right away!)

That reminds me, I need to make some glass panels and the SCU for a CUBIC gateline system, since I use them daily. Maybe I should make their older sibling as well, which have far bigger bins... like err. massive ones for tickets and guess who was the one that spent 10 minutes trying to fish out a ticket for a customer?

Yes, me! I learnt dearly on that one.... If it isn't on the slide, don't bother.
PFX
Forum Veteran

Post by PFX »

I'm already getting plenty of experience across a range of tasks at a local heritage line so that's not a problem.

Sadly, the agency route isn't an option over here. It all works a bit differently from the UK as far as I can tell (or perhaps not). NIR is pretty much a closed shop but once you're in, you're in. I've basically been accepted for an appointment as conductor but I was advised at the time, it will be up to two years before all the positions are filled. That leaves me with approximately 18 months left to wait.

As I'm working now anyway, it's no great stress.
PFX
Forum Veteran

Post by PFX »

I know this is an old thread but hope that it doesn't cause too much offence to bring it back to life. I think it's relevant.

I started this slightly less than a year ago in response to the forum getting very quiet but this year, things seem even more quiet, even earlier. It's a day or two between postings at times. I'm not aware of any spell of fantastic weather this time round, unless you people over there are doing somewhat better than the weather here.

Changes since last year are that I do now use 'the other sim' contrary to what I was saying last year and I'm blaming that on a well know Trainzer... ; ) I'm still no further forward with a railway career however, and time is fast running out - 6 months left on the conductor list : (
Nexusdj
Forum Veteran
Trainz Build: 123794
Author KUID: 45317

Post by Nexusdj »

I was I'll last week and we had multiple days with early morning storms (I love storms) so Trainz time went out the window and was replaced by rest and sleep .
Last couple of days I've been packaging up my content for Duchy and I've finished the route pic last night .

Meanwhile on the Darkside sim I've been stripping down the Payware Woodhead route to transform it into a late 1970's version .
If TANE ever makes it to release then it will be interesting to compare this version with my Trainz Version as the 2 now share some common custom content ;)
High visibility pixels must be worn when on or about the line !!
PFX
Forum Veteran

Post by PFX »

Sounds intruiging. I haven't got the Woodhead route at present.
PacerNut
Past 100!
Trainz Version: Trainz 2010
Trainz Build: 49933
Author KUID: 502908

Post by PacerNut »

Woodhead is about the only route I haven't got on TS now. I purchased the Riviera Line (a poor effort, frankly), York - Newcastle Upgraded, S&C and a fair bit of rolling stock but now I barely play it. In weather like this, my laptop just doesn't want to work with games.

Jack
Formerly JackClare

http://s1344.photobucket.com/user/JackC ... 0Screenies

http://hasthanowtmoist.blogspot.co.uk/

At what point does a leaflet, become a pamphlet?
klambert
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: 2012 TANE
Trainz Build: 61297
Author KUID: 393563

Post by klambert »

I blame the lack forum activity for the past year on that fact that one certain prominent gimme pig has been banished, a couple of well known users are experiencing PC related problems and far less content seems to have been made this year.
http://berkshiretrainz.webs.com/

Great Bolshy Yarblockos!
PFX
Forum Veteran

Post by PFX »

I wouldn't blame one gimmepig though I've noticed there are an ever increasing number of idiots on the N3V forum these days, something this forum doesn't suffer from of late. Makes for pretty painful reading as they usually ruin any thread they join.

I'm not sure if some content creators aren't wary of producing much at present with TANE looming. There's been a ambiguity on what is going to be required there. I'm not continuing Inverness to Kyle until I find out if I can import it to TANE. I would rather do it properly than have to revisit the whole route.

Fortunately, my PC isn't affected by sun so I can keep on driving, building year round.
Class172
SOTM Moderator
Trainz Version: T:ANE
Trainz Build: 94916
Author KUID: 485742

Post by Class172 »

klambert wrote:I blame the lack forum activity for the past year on that fact that one certain prominent gimme pig has been banished.
An understatement perhaps? :roll:

I've certainly been preoccupied recently with AS-levels, which I finished last week. However the next few weeks are equally as hectic with schoolwork - I will be in Glasgow for a whole week at the start of July, so nothing will happen that week for certain.
Mightyena
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: T:ANE
Trainz Build: 105766
Author KUID: 688183

Post by Mightyena »

As have I, except I'm on my A2s now, just over half way through, so I have very little time to do anything!
James M, creator of the
network
klambert
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: 2012 TANE
Trainz Build: 61297
Author KUID: 393563

Post by klambert »

PFX wrote:I wouldn't blame one gimmepig though I've noticed there are an ever increasing number of idiots on the N3V forum these days, something this forum doesn't suffer from of late. Makes for pretty painful reading as they usually ruin any thread they join.

I'm not sure if some content creators aren't wary of producing much at present with TANE looming. There's been a ambiguity on what is going to be required there. I'm not continuing Inverness to Kyle until I find out if I can import it to TANE. I would rather do it properly than have to revisit the whole route.

Fortunately, my PC isn't affected by sun so I can keep on driving, building year round.
I rather get the feeling I've got into this content creation lark too late, what with ever increasing numbers turning to the 'dark sim' and with TANE looming as well, but I still think it's going to be a while off. I'm hoping that the majority of content already on trainz will be compatible to use on it, otherwise Auran, oops I mean N3V are going to turn their old customers away in droves.
http://berkshiretrainz.webs.com/

Great Bolshy Yarblockos!
Trouble
Milepost 7
Trainz Version: TS09

Post by Trouble »

I'm barely around here anymore, not least because I rarely use Trainz at the moment.

It's a combination of being more into Euro Truck Sim 2 recently (though I don't use that much either) and real life taking hold over the past few months (not helped by a boyfriend who is 250 miles away). My forum use everywhere has dwindled, though, it's not unique to this one.

It's a little irritating, because I know I'll have missed various things being released that I would be interested in, but I don't have the time to trawl through everything to find them.
Lupe Image
Accept no substitutes. Unless they're really good.

All views expressed are my own, and may not represent those of my employer.
PFX
Forum Veteran

Post by PFX »

klambert wrote:I rather get the feeling I've got into this content creation lark too late, what with ever increasing numbers turning to the 'dark sim' and with TANE looming as well, but I still think it's going to be a while off. I'm hoping that the majority of content already on trainz will be compatible to use on it, otherwise Auran, oops I mean N3V are going to turn their old customers away in droves.
I haven't actually started content creation proper, as yet. Building a route or reskinning existing stuff is one thing but to build from scratch is another. I've toyed with it a few times.

While I like 'the other sim', it's for different reasons. I love using it for driving but I'd like to give session creation a bash at some stage. The driving experience is far more immersive than that in Trainz. Trainz on the othe hand is really intuitive for route-building (which I'm told is not the case in 'the other sim') and that's what I do most in Trainz.

I'm sure N3V will manage to ensure some forward compatability for TANE or there isn't going to be much content available at the outset, which may put people off.

Anyway, I'm not going to make this another pro this, anti that thread.

Fine weather is finally baking Belfast but I will be sitting in a hot committee room for much of the afternoon...