It's oh so quiet...

PFX
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 119450

It's oh so quiet...

Post by PFX »

The forum seems a little subued at the moment. I'm guessing people are on holiday or are out enjoying the weather while it's there to be enjoyed?
alexfleming380
Past 500!
Trainz Version: TS12
Trainz Build: 61388
Author KUID: 622162

Re: It's oh so quiet...

Post by alexfleming380 »

I have noticed the tranquility recently. Some parts of the country may still be enjoying pleasant weather, however it is pretty much monsoon season here in Edinburgh...
Please, call me Alex.
Formerly known as afleming97
Mightyena
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: T:ANE
Trainz Build: 105766
Author KUID: 688183

Post by Mightyena »

Yeah, weather's still pretty good down here in the capital, odd bit of rain but not too much. Of course that means my PC turns into a slideshow...
James M, creator of the
network
Nexusdj
Forum Veteran
Trainz Build: 123794
Author KUID: 45317

Post by Nexusdj »

Happens every summer though I suppose there's more users out enjoying the sun after last years summer washout .
Over the last few weeks it's been far too hot to sit at a computer for more than an hour or so , though the last few days have been better (Storm watching yesterday) .
As soon as the nights start to draw in then you should see an increase in forum traffic .

There's a few new faces appeared on the forums as well which should help bolster up the membership ,
It'll make up for a few that have left and gone over to the Darkside (other sim) :lol:
High visibility pixels must be worn when on or about the line !!
welsh37/5
Past 100!
Trainz Version: 40183
Trainz Build: 3
Author KUID: 264963

Post by welsh37/5 »

I will admit that I haven't personally been on trainz for over 2 months and part of the reason is due to the recent heatwave meaning working on trainz or anything else for more than an hour at a time is hard work and partially due to being just one of the many who sadly is still unemployed, being forced into a statutory work programme means that what time I do have to myself has to be focused on applying for what little job vacancies are available. Despite this, I have been taking the odd break and making the most of the decent weather we have been experiencing by going down to the local train station for a quick photo stop.
matthewa
Past 250!
Trainz Version: TC3
Author KUID: 318250

Post by matthewa »

Nexusdj wrote:It'll make up for a few that have left and gone over to the Darkside (other sim) :lol:
I'm one of them... Haven't touched trainz since I released the Wrexham and Shropshire stock back in May!! :oops:
danny109
Past 250!
Trainz Version: 2009, 2019
Trainz Build: 46653
Author KUID: 554607

Post by danny109 »

It's had a few days of monsoon weather (which is funny because I'm going to Chennai
/Madras in India week after next :shock: ) down here, but its been warming up since Monday currently hovering around a bearable 20c.
Back in the Trainz saddle
Nexusdj
Forum Veteran

Post by Nexusdj »

matthewa wrote:
Nexusdj wrote:It'll make up for a few that have left and gone over to the Darkside (other sim) :lol:
I'm one of them... Haven't touched Trainz since I released the Wrexham and Shropshire stock back in May!! :oops:
New version of that Sim coming in September so get ready for a lot of the older DLC and Third party / custom scenarios to be broken again (The update is free but you don't really have a choice unlike Trainz !!) .

I forget who it was but somebody left Trainz saying they'd had enough of constant updates breaking content and that Railworks was a more stable platform to work with !! :lol:
Grass aint no greener over there , only the colour of your money :lol:
PFX
Forum Veteran
Trainz Build: 119450

Post by PFX »

Heh! Having never tried the 'other one' I'm happy to stick with what I know, despite the numerous items of desirable content I've seen. Despite all the problems we have to deal with using Trainz, the big attraction is the vast quantity of free content.

Should I throw some popcorn into the thread now or later?
Nexusdj
Forum Veteran

Post by Nexusdj »

In all fairness I should state that I do use it from time to time (Usually when I need a break from Trainz) but I take exception to those who sit there and say it's the best thing since sliced bread (It isn't) :lol:
DavidBrown
Past 100!
Trainz Version: TS12
Trainz Build: 57898
Author KUID: 475970

Post by DavidBrown »

I don't mind the 'other simulator' - certainly I think the driving side of things are nicely refined. But I do find that the quality of some of the routes to be fairly substandard, and I object to paying ridiculous sums of money for content that's no better than much of the content we have available on the DLS for free.
ex-railwayman
Milepost 1
Trainz Version: TS09-12
Trainz Build: 44653
Author KUID: 191733

Post by ex-railwayman »

Well, I came back from the 'other' side, cos it's s***...... :lol:

Managed to get my TS2009 fired up eventually and I'm having a ball playing on layouts from 2004 to 2013 from all over Europe and Britain, and not a Speedtree in sight, fantastic..... :mrgreen:

As young Mr. Nexus said, Summer months are quiet by default, those 2 weeks of blistering heat recently stopped me from playing on the old computa 'cos it was too hot, and my ice cream melted all over the keyboard.... :lol:

Cheerz. ex-railwayman.
All my screenshots are hosted at mynetimages in different sizes, when you click on the linked URL, to enlarge a picture simply click on the words full version underneath each shot.
Briggsy
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS2019 + TANE SP3
Trainz Build: 105096
Author KUID: 630773

Post by Briggsy »

I haven't been on much - simply because the weather has been nice until fairly recently, plus the days are longer, so i'm out and about more.

No doubt i'll be far more active again once the nights start drawing in again.

As for the other sim - I don't think its that good really. I had that originally before moving to Trainz.
WessexElectricNutter
Past 100!
Trainz Version: TANE
Trainz Build: 74539
Author KUID: 30051

Post by WessexElectricNutter »

PFX wrote:The forum seems a little subued at the moment. I'm guessing people are on holiday or are out enjoying the weather while it's there to be enjoyed?
Nope, still trying to keep active, I've been landed with a railway like role which I think I spoke about, on the gateline at Haslemere, the early starts get to me though and I have far less time. (Plus SWT and my agency keep extraditing me to Guildford!) It slows my progress down and I also have a number of problems going on at home. Hopefully, these will soon be sorted.
Class172
SOTM Moderator
Trainz Version: T:ANE
Trainz Build: 94916
Author KUID: 485742

Post by Class172 »

Well I am pretty much available online at any time now, since I currently have pneumonia, after coming back from my brilliant CCF camp. :roll: