What ever happened to ...

Trouble
Milepost 7
Trainz Version: TS09

Re: What ever happened to ...

Post by Trouble »

I know I've never posted much on here - I have been meaning to post some screenshots of a couple of routes I work on for my own amusement, I just keep forgetting to get round to it - but I've found that real life has rather taken over in the past year or two, and with some relatively serious problems that have reared their ugly heads, I'm increasingly finding that I rarely have the time to get much use out of Trainz, and haven't really been following the goings on here that closely - I'm not at all clued up on anything that's been released recently.
I'd like to use it more, and when I do get a day to myself I'll spend hours plodding away at my own pace on my routes (usually not actually getting much done because I spend so much time on little things). But I think the last time I used Trainz was at least a month ago.

Such is life.
Lupe Image
Accept no substitutes. Unless they're really good.

All views expressed are my own, and may not represent those of my employer.
Past 500!
Trainz Version: 12, TANE
Trainz Build: 74702
Author KUID: 431172

Post by 73129 »

Annoyingly it is the same here. I only rear my ugly head ever to moderate than chat these days. If i start reskinning, I end up losing interest or binning it. Even now, having come back from Italy, I have been suffering from severe sickness for the last two days and only started to recover this afternoon. Cheap untreated hotel water me thinks!
tommietomato2 on Auran forums
Retired moderator.
jack24
Past 100!
Trainz Version: 2.6
Trainz Build: 3337

Post by jack24 »

I'm not surprised you're ill, the water in Italy is bearly treated at all.
Jack24
The canary
greeni
Past 750!
Trainz Version: TRAINZ22PE
Trainz Build: 123799
Author KUID: 174088

Post by greeni »

I am still around, I do still build some stuff mainly for myself and certain people...
There was a falling out over my meshes being handed out. that is why I quit content creation for trainz...
I since have been on the other sim, and have liked it more than trainz...
I do watch this forum to see what is being produced...
will I come back to trainz, I don't know...Depends on what its going to be like in the new version...

and biggsy if i came out to be rude sometimes, with the pressure of real life is the case.
patrickalanbooth
Past 100!

Post by patrickalanbooth »

Ah well thank you for the reply greeni happy to know that you are well.
many thanks
Patrick
pellet
Past 250!
Trainz Version: 2010, S&C
Trainz Build: 49933
Author KUID: 176287

Post by pellet »

greeni wrote:I am still around, I do still build some stuff mainly for myself and certain people...
There was a falling out over my meshes being handed out. that is why I quit content creation for trainz...
I since have been on the other sim, and have liked it more than trainz...
I do watch this forum to see what is being produced...
will I come back to trainz, I don't know...Depends on what its going to be like in the new version...

and biggsy if i came out to be rude sometimes, with the pressure of real life is the case.
That is a shame mate, but I do know how frustrated you were getting with things. Sorry I haven't sent you any detailing pics in a while - I've not had any opportunity, and I'm not sure what you have, or indeed whether you were still creating - hope they're being put to good use for the 'other sim' :lol:
Dan Adkins

Please feel free to visit my photo website:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dan700/
luke275277
Past 100!
Trainz Version: 12
Author KUID: 591567

Post by luke275277 »

I think the time has come for me to learn how to use Gmax.
klambert
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: 2012 TANE
Trainz Build: 61297
Author KUID: 393563

Post by klambert »

luke275277 wrote:I think the time has come for me to learn how to use Gmax.
The best tutorial I found for complete beginners to gmax was tafwebs building tutorial. http://tafweb-trainz.co.uk/tutorial_bank_1.html It's how I started. But I would strongly recommend, downloading blender and getting to grips with that as gmax is effectively obsolete.
http://berkshiretrainz.webs.com/

Great Bolshy Yarblockos!
WessexElectricNutter
Past 100!
Trainz Version: TANE
Trainz Build: 74539
Author KUID: 30051

Post by WessexElectricNutter »

klambert wrote:I know WEN got a job and a girlfriend.
Time I actually said something as I've been absent. Yes, I'm around, no I'm not around as much as I used to be if at all. These days, I've taken on a different challenge, err.. putting my ginger mop under a bonnet of a car (got too many now - which my family and girlfriend complained about! Then got given another one.). I'm also found at Guildford station a lot as I started working with Trainz, although I do the odd occasional Woking turn when rostered to do so. Life in the last year/2 years has changed so much for me, its the complete reverse to what it used to be like, but on the other hand, its also not a good change as some parts of my life, I've had to sacrifice. Trainz has been the biggest one, but I really do want to get back into it. Now if only I didn't have to drive 70 miles every day. Being that Nataliya (GF) can't drive and I can, to be honest, I do feel a bit like a slave to her in some respects, like going to Wales a lot and driving her to her friends, but I don't argue about it, she needs to sort her life out too.

So, there you have it, thats what happened to me. Not driving a train yet, or guarding one, but most likely telling you:
"Sorry sir, your ticket is invalid, please go to the ticket office, buy a ticket and show me afterwards."

If I get a chance, I'll try and get back to what I was doing on a smaller scale, well, we are well into winter anyway.
VernM
Milepost 5
Trainz Version: TS2010, TS12 T:ANE
Trainz Build: 96000
Author KUID: 30024

Post by VernM »

One of my New Year resolutions is to try and be a bit more focused and actually get a UK route or two released in 2015. 2014 saw me floundering around starting half hearted projects and generally getting nowhere (if anyone is interested I posted a by no means complete list at Trainsim.dev - http://www.trainsimdev.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=5&t=481 ).

Fairly horrendous list, though of course one or two might strike a chord with more intrepid route builders to have a go at themselves. Part of the issue was of course wondering whether it was worth starting anything significant pre-TANE but (and without importing all the debate and different views from the N3V forums) certainly from my POV it looks as if it will be some months before TANE is a stable, going concern to commit to undertaking a large project. That kind of settles any distraction from building a route in TS12 (or TS2010), all that remains is to kick myself up the posterior and tell myself to get on with it.

As regards this forum, although only recently joined but I like it and the positive feel about the discussion. In some ways, not dis-similar to what Jim Nobbs has set out to achieve with Trainsim.dev, though my efforts to generate much interest in Trainz over there has had a low take up.
Scratchlight
Past 100!
Trainz Version: TS12
Trainz Build: 42203

Post by Scratchlight »

I used to be an awful gimme-pig stereotypical over-ambitious beginner when I first joined the forum in 2011, I mean look at this... :O
However now my aim is to provide more UK scenery content and fill in rolling stock gaps, I will NEVER turn to the 'other simulators', mostly as I think they are too limited to edit, whereas Trainz can be totally customized in every aspect. (If i cram any more 2048*2048 textures into assets I think my computer will explode)