Apologies

Aunty Acid
Past 100!
Trainz Version: TANE
Trainz Build: 0

Apologies

Post by Aunty Acid »

Hi,
I've been looking over my past posts and would like to apologize for being a horrible person, and an idiot in general. I know there isn't really an excuse for my behavior, and I could think of a ton, but none, if not very few, will excuse my behavior.

But I would like to mention one thing (not begging for sympathy) - I suffer from moderate to severe Asperger's syndrome, which can make me defensive, and sometimes even rude, which may be even more active (is that the right word?) on here, as most if not all of you are strangers (You may know this long-winded description as Social Anxiety).

Still, I would like to apologize for being rude in the past, and in advance, but hopefully this will not be the case. If you want to read up on Asperger's and Autism, you can visit https://www.aspergerexperts.com.

After that fairly long apology, I would like to say something that is fairly unrelated to this, but I think may be fairly fitting (If I should make a separate post about this, gimme a shout). I want to let people know that, apart from my Asperger's, I am also transgender. This basically mean that I don't identify as a male, but as a female, basically. I think this will call for a name change, if that is possible.

Luke M.
Thanks,

Carol Stott.

Yes, freedom is good, but arguably, grammar is better.

~ Andy Zaltzman
klambert
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: 2012 TANE
Trainz Build: 61297
Author KUID: 393563

Re: Apologies

Post by klambert »

A very grown up thing to do.

I'm rather experienced at dealing with Autism myself, I have two half brothers who are on the spectrum and my girlfriend is too, I wouldn't be surprised if I was as well. I've learnt that patience and tolerance is key. I often find they can sound rude when they don't mean to be.

The best thing I can recommend if you find yourself becoming defensive is this: Take a step back from the conversation and give yourself space to think as to what your reply will be.

A key thing when writing something that's you opinion, make people aware that you think it's your opinion rather than a fact. Perhaps write, I think, or I would argue that, before an argument. Otherwise it can look rather conceited.
http://berkshiretrainz.webs.com/

Great Bolshy Yarblockos!