Referendum: In or Out

Domsarto
Past 250!
Trainz Version: ts2012
Trainz Build: 61388
Author KUID: 342053

Re: Referendum: In or Out

Post by Domsarto »

blackwatch13 wrote:Imho, the Washington Post has about as much credibility as the Leprechaun Weekly, if folk had to "frantically google what the EU was", then they've been walking around for years with their head in a bucket. :lol:

I beg to differ with you: The Leprechaun Weekly is a fantastic read I read It [ :) :) i]every day[/i] :D :D :D
Domsarto
Past 250!
Trainz Version: ts2012
Trainz Build: 61388
Author KUID: 342053

Post by Domsarto »

This is what its all about:

The Real Brexit "Catastrophe": World's 400 Richest People Lose $127 Billion

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-06-2 ... 27-billion
Briggsy
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS2019 + TANE SP3
Trainz Build: 105096
Author KUID: 630773

Post by Briggsy »

cyberdonblue wrote:Unfortunately, the press and the former Blairites are doing their best to undermine Corbyn and, indirectly, the Labour Party itself at the moment so the outcome of ANY election is highly unpredictable right now IMHO. It's currently turmoil all round which, to my mind, says that none of these idiots made any serious contingency plans for the current situation. That's how cocky and confident they were of railroading (no pun intended) the people of this country into blindly accepting the establishment's argument.

These former Blairites should be taught a lesson too. Blair should be in prison for what he got up to. And his mates ought to remember Corbyn was elected to his position by a massive majority, but these lunatics won't accept the will of the people - just like most elitist politicians. They hate to think that we can all think for ourselves. I hope the party and the public remember them when an election appears on the horizon.

My advice, for the time being, would be to wait, watch and listen. Let the dust settle and then decide which direction you want to follow.

Dave
Labour MPs never wanted Corbyn from day one - so this EU referendum was the perfect excuse for them to try to boot him out. Its was Labour supporters that voted him in because they felt the party had gone too far to the right and become Tory-lite under Blair and Brown.

Its daft that Labour could have the embarrassing situation where their 8 allegedly unhappy MPs could submit a vote of no confidence on Monday, which triggers a discussion and potentially a secret ballot on Tuesday - which would then trigger a leadership vote where Corbyn could then win back leadership in that vote if Labour supporters choose him again.

How awkward and embarrassing would that be for Labour MPs then?

The Tories are in a mess too now. There's a clear split between them - and they now also have to find a leader. That's likely to be between Osborne, who most of the population despise (even Tory voters), Boris (who many people accept is a very clever and powerful man hiding behind a cleverly played unkempt buffoon image so that he appeals to the gullible and the media who love his theatrics) - or Theresa May - who was all for the EU and won't like the circumstances in which she'd have to work (having to wind down the UK towards coming out of the EU to enforce Article 50).

Maybe, just maybe, this will finally make politicians realise that the public are now becoming sick to death of their self-serving, carry-on-regardless ways (and that applies to MPs across all parties - not just Tory and Labour).

The only way of restoring any credibility back to British politics at the moment , in my opinion, is to scrap first past the post (which always results in either a Tory or Labour government) and introduce proportional representation (so that ALL parties get a fair opportunity and the chance to get into government - even the smaller parties such as Greens, UKIP and arguably even the Lib-Dems now) - then call a general election so that we can start from the very beginning all over again.
clam1952
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 116243
Author KUID: 425700

Post by clam1952 »

Osbourne has as much chance of getting a shot at PM as he has of going to Mars, the last mess of a budget where it's clear he hasn't actually got a clue and threatening austerity budget if we left, he has less credibility than Cameron and he hasn't got much! As for Theresa May I suspect she'd be more dangerous than Cameron or Osbourne!

And now we have stupid people, the bad loosers who clearly have no idea what democracy is, starting petitions for another referendum, if they love the EU that much they can shove of and move to France or wherever, we don't need em. ;)
Cheers

Malc

Member of Trainz Carriage and Wagon Works
http://www.trainz-carriage-wagon-works.com/
Warbo40
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TS2012 (SP1)/S&C
Trainz Build: 57898
Author KUID: 441222

Post by Warbo40 »

clam1952 wrote:Osbourne has as much chance of getting a shot at PM as he has of going to Mars, the last mess of a budget where it's clear he hasn't actually got a clue and threatening austerity budget if we left, he has less credibility than Cameron and he hasn't got much! As for Theresa May I suspect she'd be more dangerous than Cameron or Osbourne!

And now we have stupid people, the bad loosers who clearly have no idea what democracy is, starting petitions for another referendum, if they love the EU that much they can shove of and move to France or wherever, we don't need em. ;)
The ones that signed that petition must be complete idiots might not be able leave the UK and move to France as there are whispers that they might have a referendum in the near future which may include Italy, Sweden, Denmark and Holland.
Work to live not live to work.
Briggsy
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS2019 + TANE SP3
Author KUID: 630773

Post by Briggsy »

clam1952 wrote:And now we have stupid people, the bad loosers who clearly have no idea what democracy is, starting petitions for another referendum, if they love the EU that much they can shove of and move to France or wherever, we don't need em. ;)
At least if they win their petition, we can moan about them and start a petition about their petition. That seems to be how democracy has to work since Friday morning? :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cyberdonblue
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: 2006 2012 T:ANE SP3
Trainz Build: 105766
Author KUID: 214658

Post by cyberdonblue »

Domsarto wrote:This is what its all about:

The Real Brexit "Catastrophe": World's 400 Richest People Lose $127 Billion
This was just the point I've been trying to make all along. It is these monied people that engineer all of these "crises." This one has well and trulty bitten them on the a*se this time though. It never occurred to them that people might think for themselves.
clam1952 wrote:...As for Theresa May I suspect she'd be more dangerous than Cameron or Osbourne!...
At the risk of being branded a sexist, I can only say that many of us have yet to get over Thatcher. This country still hasn't recovered from her fraudulent butchery of everything we owned and I certainly couldn't stomach another woman of a similar ilk. Having said that though, there's nothing left for her to sell or privatise. Tory Blair saw to that. He finished Thatcher's job off for her.

Dave
cyberdonblue
Forum Veteran

Post by cyberdonblue »

Apologies for the double post but...

Suzanne Evans UKIP wrote: 24 June at 19:28 ·

A Prime Minister resigned. The £ plummeted. The FTSE 100 lost significant ground. But then the £ rallied past February levels, and the FTSE closed on a weekly high: 2.4% up on last Friday, its best performance in 4 months. President Obama decided we wouldn't be at the 'back of the queue' after all and that our 'special relationship' was still strong. The French President confirmed the Le Touquet agreement would stay in place. The President of the European Commission stated Brexit negations would be 'orderly' and stressed the UK would continue to be a 'close partner' of the EU. A big bank denied reports it would shift 2,000 staff overseas. The CBI, vehemently anti-Brexit during the referendum campaign, stated British business was resilient and would adapt. Several countries outside the EU stated they wished to begin bi-lateral trade talks with the UK immediately. If this was the predicted apocalypse, well, it was a very British one. It was all over by teatime. Not a bad first day of freedom.
Dave
PFX
Forum Veteran
Trainz Build: 119450

Post by PFX »

Nexusdj wrote:Mark my words the next election will be fought on idol promises from one of the political camps to get us back into the EU ! Those who voted stay will jump on the idea and vote them in . A few months after that it will become very clear to them that there's little or no way back in unless we accept draconian conditions from the EU masters.
If the UK wanted back in after leaving, it would need to join the Euro zone and sign up to Shengen. The current special arrangements would no longer stand.
cyberdonblue
Forum Veteran

Post by cyberdonblue »

PFX wrote:
Nexusdj wrote:Mark my words the next election will be fought on idol promises from one of the political camps to get us back into the EU ! Those who voted stay will jump on the idea and vote them in . A few months after that it will become very clear to them that there's little or no way back in unless we accept draconian conditions from the EU masters.
If the UK wanted back in after leaving, it would need to join the Euro zone and sign up to Shengen. The current special arrangements would no longer stand.
Exactly! And these Facecrap idiots don't realise the implications of all that! Mind you, this morning I've seen all sorts of petitions being started to show what the MAJORITY think. There's one to stop crap bands playing at Glastonbury :D and one for a re-run of the Battle of Hastings 1066 :lol: No doubt more ridicule will surface later. Funny how the press are not giving these petitions any coverage though, isn't it?

And this makes interesting reading...
Barbara Brown wrote:Barbara Brown
19 June at 21:32 ·

MUST READ this is all fact!

I just saw this and it makes very interesting reading.......
For all you doubters wanting to remain in the EU..
And this is nowhere near a complete list....

Cadbury moved factory to Poland 2011 with EU grant.
Ford Transit moved to Turkey 2013 with EU grant.
Jaguar Land Rover has recently agreed to build a new plant in Slovakia with EU grant, owned by Tata, the same company who have trashed our steel works and emptied the workers pension funds.
Peugeot closed its Ryton (was Rootes Group) plant and moved production to Slovakia with EU grant.
British Army's new Ajax fighting vehicles to be built in SPAIN using SWEDISH steel at the request of the EU to support jobs in Spain with EU grant, rather than Wales.
Dyson gone to Malaysia, with an EU loan.
Crown Closures, Bournemouth (Was METAL BOX), gone to Poland with EU grant, once employed 1,200.
M&S manufacturing gone to far east with EU loan.
Hornby models gone.
In fact all toys and models now gone from UK along with the patents all with with EU grants.
Gillette gone to eastern Europe with EU grant.
Texas Instruments Greenock gone to Germany with EU grant.
Indesit at Bodelwyddan Wales gone with EU grant.
Sekisui Alveo said production at its Merthyr Tydfil Industrial Park foam plant will relocate production to Roermond in the Netherlands, with EU funding.
Hoover Merthyr factory moved out of UK to Czech Republic and the Far East by Italian company Candy with EU backing.
ICI integration into Holland’s AkzoNobel with EU bank loan and within days of the merger, several factories in the UK, were closed, eliminating 3,500 jobs
Boots sold to Italians Stefano Pessina who have based their HQ in Switzerland to avoid tax to the tune of £80 million a year, using an EU loan for the purchase.
JDS Uniphase run by two Dutch men, bought up companies in the UK with £20 million in EU 'regeneration' grants, created a pollution nightmare and just closed it all down leaving 1,200 out of work and an environmental clean-up paid for by the UK tax-payer. They also raided the pension fund and drained it dry.
UK airports are owned by a Spanish company.
Scottish Power is owned by a Spanish company.
Most London buses are run by Spanish and German companies.
The Hinkley Point C nuclear power station to be built by French company EDF, part owned by the French government, using cheap Chinese steel that has catastrophically failed in other nuclear installations. Now EDF say the costs will be double or more and it will be very late even if it does come online.
Swindon was once our producer of rail locomotives and rolling stock. Not any more, it's Bombardier in Derby and due to their losses in the aviation market, that could see the end of the British railways manufacturing altogether even though Bombardier had EU grants to keep Derby going which they diverted to their loss-making aviation side in Canada.
39% of British invention patents have been passed to foreign companies, many of them in the EU
The Mini cars that Cameron stood in front of as an example of British engineering, are built by BMW mostly in Holland and Austria. His campaign bus was made in Germany even though we have Plaxton, Optare, Bluebird, Dennis etc., in the UK. The bicycle for the Greens was made in the far east, not by Raleigh UK but then they are probably going to move to the Netherlands too as they have said recently.

Anyone who thinks the EU is good for British industry or any other business simply hasn't paid attention to what has been systematically asset-stripped from the UK. Name me one major technology company still running in the UK, I used to contract out to many, then the work just dried up as they were sold off to companies from France, Germany, Holland, Belgium, etc., and now we don't even teach electronic technology for technicians any more, due to EU regulations.

I haven't detailed our non-existent fishing industry the EU paid to destroy, nor the farmers being paid NOT to produce food they could sell for more than they get paid to do nothing, don't even go there.
I haven't mentioned what it costs us to be asset-stripped like this, nor have I mentioned immigration, nor the risk to our security if control of our armed forces is passed to Brussels or Germany.

Find something that's gone the other way, I've looked and I just can't. If you think the EU is a good idea,
1/ You haven't read the party manifesto of The European Peoples' Party.
2/ You haven't had to deal with EU petty bureaucracy tearing your business down.
3/ You don't think it matters.
Dave
Warbo40
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TS2012 (SP1)/S&C
Trainz Build: 57898
Author KUID: 441222

Post by Warbo40 »

Just read that the petition for a 2nd referendum was actually created by a Brexiteer, Oliver Healey, a month ago who thought the leave vote wouldn't win. He thought it would be a good idea to create this petition to put pressure on the government to leave the EU if the remain vote won the referendum. What an a*** he must be as now remain supporters have hijacked the petition and over 3 million people have signed it which could trigger a debate in parliment this week.
Work to live not live to work.
cyberdonblue
Forum Veteran

Post by cyberdonblue »

It could also trigger a riot by the 17 MILLION who vote to LEAVE!!!

Dave
blackwatch13
Past 500!
Trainz Version: TRS 2019
Author KUID: 222042

Post by blackwatch13 »

It's no wonder that this petition started in London ...............
At the 2011 census, 36.7% of London's population was foreign born (including 24.5% born outside of Europe). With 3,082,000 residents born abroad in 2014. London has the largest population number (not percentage) of foreign-born.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethnic_groups_in_London
Tane SP3 build 94916 + SnC & Duchess
Nexusdj
Forum Veteran
Trainz Build: 123794
Author KUID: 45317

Post by Nexusdj »

The petition for the second referendum is now under investigation for possible fraudulent signatures :
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-e ... m-36634407
Interviews with those in the know in parliament have already stated there is no way that the petition could be used to trigger a second referendum on leaving the EU .

I see her with the bone has threatened to veto/derail the referendum , Proof that an enquiry to the EU about Scotland remaining has been met with a polite Foxtrot Oscar .
High visibility pixels must be worn when on or about the line !!
cyberdonblue
Forum Veteran

Post by cyberdonblue »

Nexusdj wrote:I see her with the bone has threatened to veto/derail the referendum , Proof that an enquiry to the EU about Scotland remaining has been met with a polite Foxtrot Oscar .
:lol: :lol: :lol: ...and legal experts are saying she hasn't got a chance. Scotland can stamp it's feet and bang it's fists on the tables as much as it likes but it has no power to veto anything that Westminster decides on a UK level. They are a PART of Britain whether they like it or not.

Dave