Political Discussion

PFX
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 119450

Re: Political Discussion

Post by PFX »

Again, keeping this discussion where it is meant to be.
rjhowie wrote:I don't just "think" i know.
That's exactly the problem. You think you know it all and are clearly unable to accept that you don't.

I said it in my previous post but I'll repeat it in the interest of being unambiguous. While accusing everyone else of being childish, you appear to repeatedly miss one vital point; you're doing EXACTLY THE SAME THING. If you think the language you're using in referring to others here is any less childish than you believe they are using in respect of your beloved Tories, you are very much mistaken.

What I find reprehensible in your latest post however, is your ill-informed reference to the Troubles. Despite Corbyn having condemned Republican and Loyalist killings, his meetings with the IRA were for the exactly same purpose as the ones The Conservatives of the time had. Are you also disgusted that your Queen met Martin McGuinness (a few times) or that Tory Secretaries of State met Martin McGuinness and the IRA leadership? Your language is straight out the Book of Whataboutery which is fortunately not available outside of Northern Ireland.

We are indeed not "living in Victorian times" but I have to wonder if perhaps you may be less removed from that period than the rest of us.
klambert
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: 2012 TANE
Trainz Build: 61297
Author KUID: 393563

Post by klambert »

Rather pleased with the result, even though Cons managed to just about win. Considering how low Jeremy Corbyn was in the polls a few months ago, he's done astonishingly well, very pleased with how many seats Labour have managed to gain. Certainly wiped the arrogant grins off tory mugs.

The Torys had the first proper majority since 1992 and Theresa May managed to ruin that. Well done :lol:

Even better is that UKIP have no seats, so I'm hoping the BBC will stop giving them air time, seeing as they have about as much say now as the monster raving loony party.
http://berkshiretrainz.webs.com/

Great Bolshy Yarblockos!
PFX
Forum Veteran
Trainz Build: 119450

Post by PFX »

More like Nigel Farage will be on question time every week until the next election in 2018.
clam1952
Forum Veteran
Trainz Build: 116243
Author KUID: 425700

Post by clam1952 »

As I said, we now have a political mess which is just going make leaving the EU more drawn out while they all bicker over the terms.
Cheers

Malc

Member of Trainz Carriage and Wagon Works
http://www.trainz-carriage-wagon-works.com/
klambert
Forum Veteran

Post by klambert »

PFX wrote:More like Nigel Farage will be on question time every week until the next election in 2018.
Or until the dawn of the apocalypse, whatever comes sooner really.
clam1952 wrote:As I said, we now have a political mess which is just going make leaving the EU more drawn out while they all bicker over the terms.
Shows that the brexit process was a complete mess from it's inception. I suppose that's what happens when you hastily draw a referendum purely to dispell dissent on the Tory party back bench and then arrogantly assume that we'll vote to Remain.

Why people keep voting for this arrogant chaotic shambles of a political party is beyond me.
Last edited by klambert on Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Great Bolshy Yarblockos!
blackwatch13
Past 500!
Trainz Version: TRS 2019
Trainz Build: 105096
Author KUID: 222042

Post by blackwatch13 »

klambert wrote:Even better is that UKIP have no seats, so I'm hoping the BBC will stop giving them air time, seeing as they have about as much say now as the monster raving loony party.
What you are forgetting is, if it wasn't for UKIP, the electorate in this country would never have been given a say on our future with the EU, because Labour would have denied us as long as there was a Labour Party & the Tories wouldn't have been forced to do it.
Tane SP3 build 94916 + SnC & Duchess
klambert
Forum Veteran

Post by klambert »

Footage of your average Tory Minister, election aftermath.
Has anyone on here watched The Thick of It?

I would love to see one more series made especially with what's going on at the moment.

Great Bolshy Yarblockos!
cyberdonblue
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: 2006 2012 T:ANE SP3
Trainz Build: 105766
Author KUID: 214658

Post by cyberdonblue »

The Tories rather shot themselves in the head, never mind the foot :lol: They arrogantly assumed that their campaign of lies and hatred (are you listening Mr Howie) against Jeremy Corbyn would be taken to heart by the working classes and that their false Tory promises would be believed by all and sundry without question. In contrast, Jeremy Corbyn took every opportunity to speak to the people - face to face and on TV - in order to get his message across and to reassure the people of this country that he is not the blind, bolshie, peace at any price leftist that the Tory Press were trying to paint him as. Don't get me wrong, he's nowhere near perfect by any means; but he's not the devil in the red coat as the Tories wanted everyone to believe.

There were still many people that didn't vote. Maybe now that they can see that the Tories are NOT invincible they'll come out at the next election and put the boot in properly. Somehow, I don't think it'll be too long before the polling booths are opened up yet again.

We are now seeing the pendulum begin to swing back and away from the greedy, arrogant Tories. Theresa May's arrogance has destroyed her political career overnight - just like Cameron's did - and, just like Cameron, she has left the country in a dizzying chaos that should never have been brought about. Let's hope the rest of the Tory Party decide to fall on their swords now, and pretty damn quickly too, so that we can rid ourselves of these money-grabbing, selfish, Tory elitists and allow the poorer people and the sick and disabled to raise their heads above water again and breathe freely.

Oh, and the Jacobites north of the border were wise enough to hold the Sassenachs at bay too I hear ;)

Dave
clam1952
Forum Veteran
Trainz Build: 116243
Author KUID: 425700

Post by clam1952 »

Doesn't look like May is going anywhere just yet though. October Election anyone?
Cheers

Malc

Member of Trainz Carriage and Wagon Works
http://www.trainz-carriage-wagon-works.com/
rjhowie
Past 100!
Trainz Version: 2010

Re: Private firms are set return to rail maintenance

Post by rjhowie »

Listen you are getting so damn juvenile in your Corbinite waffle.

Can I remind you that during the long years of the last labour Government there were food banks?You totally ignore the hard truth like the other controlled mindsets here that the present government introduced an improved minimum wage and that is going to reach £9. Kind of laughable for Labour to gudff about making it ten when the too ignored the improvement under the Tories. Also ignored is the rise on when you start to pay tax and will eventually get to £12,500 and going up 500 quid a year.

I did a very lot of voluntary youth work in an area of my city for decades and one of the things i noticed was that families who did regular clear outs of frozen food in their big freezers having ketp such too long. No-one actually starved . Another reminder you also ignored was that employment has kept going up In my part of the UK most people are in decent housing and hardly groaning. In hard facts the area I pent so much voluntary effort in had two taxi firms including a long line of hackney cabs which are dearer all sitting outside shops. Pubs? Full. Even in my long time job I visited homes daily and never seen starvation, families without clothes or terrible houses. It was also the first are in my large part of the city where cable tv arrived - not in mine! Sky? yep everywhere. So it goes on.

I always treated people fairly in my job and my deep voluntary efforts especially in my youth work and organising camps and so on. So I am not going to be taken in with your rather elementary emotional thinking nor your pal Briggsy! Up here in the northern part of the kingdom the Tries increased council seats by over 160 now in the General Election stormed into SNP constituencies and 13 MP's. Council seats as I also passingly referred to which were won in traditional working class areas by the Scottish Conservative & Unionist Party. It won more MP's than Labour! One of the most staunchly left council seats outside Paisley ditched Labour and put in the Tory candidate!

The other passing nonsense from another here used he rise in the UK population as an excuse to slap me and he too ignored the hard truth of more in work (!).The hard truth is that you have a passing thing from the young especially on Corbyn daftness but his ism is never going to rule Britain again. Every time in the past your lot has left office with bigger debts and you would have done well living in Russia and swallowed the poison that led to decades of evil, sufring and a nightmare after 1918.

All that propaganda mouthed would hve got Dr Goebbells making you a pal fro easily swallowing it.
:lol:
Briggsy
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS2019 + TANE SP3
Author KUID: 630773

Post by Briggsy »

How big has that debt got under Tory leadership again?

Also, shouldn't this political chat be in the separated thread? I shall move it all shortly when I've got a spare 5 minutes.
Briggsy
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS2019 + TANE SP3
Author KUID: 630773

Post by Briggsy »

clam1952 wrote:Doesn't look like May is going anywhere just yet though. October Election anyone?
Only because she's stubborn.

It's not all over yet though. The opposition parties, all of which (except the DUP) have expressed a dislike for the Tories, could put a vote of 'no confidence' in. Unlikely, but possible.

Also, even with the DUPs support, her majority will still be very thin. All it takes is a few MPs to defect, die, resign or rebel, and she'll then lose her majority again.

An autumn vote is highly likely.
blackwatch13
Past 500!
Trainz Version: TRS 2019
Author KUID: 222042

Post by blackwatch13 »

rjhowie wrote:The other passing nonsense from another here used he rise in the UK population as an excuse to slap me and he too ignored the hard truth of more in work (!).
But again, you are ignoring the fact that the more population we have, the more people will be working.
The other big blinder that the Tories have been using, is the statement that "out of work benefit claims have gone down", but
what they omit to add is, that more people are now out of work but unable to claim benefit & losing their homes, or having to rely on handouts from their families & charities.

This I know for a bloody fact, as I am one of those now being denied even JSA.
So stuff that up your bloody bagpipe jock. :evil:
Tane SP3 build 94916 + SnC & Duchess
LNERlover5
New Starter
Trainz Version: T:ANE
Trainz Build: 82718
Author KUID: 430793

Post by LNERlover5 »

These are interesting times. I don't agree with the propositions of Theresa May and I'm interested to see where this result leads us. She took a gamble on the voting positions of the UK however and misread us completely. Labour are not a spent force and Corbyn is a strong public campaigner, he knows what to say and how to deal with a crowd. He has the charisma and the public speaking ability.

Jack
cyberdonblue
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: 2006 2012 T:ANE SP3
Trainz Build: 105766
Author KUID: 214658

Post by cyberdonblue »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Seems our Theresa and her mates got the kicking that was coming their way in the General Election because people have started to see through all the Tory lies. The only reason the Tories won seats in Scotland was because the SNP made too much of a possible Indyref2 and many people didn't fancy it. Good job for the Tories that they did pick up seats in Scotland really because otherwise our Theresa might be looking for a food bank herself now. Oh and you've conveniently ignored the fact that Labour picked up seats in Scotland too, I might add.

Never mind, there'll be another General Election in a few months time now anyway and we can kick the Tories completely into touch then. Good old Jeremy and our lovely lefty, bolshie beliefs will rule the roost then.

...keep the red flag flying here... :D :D

Cheers

Dave