Political Discussion

klambert
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: 2012 TANE
Trainz Build: 61297
Author KUID: 393563

Re: Private firms are set return to rail maintenance

Post by klambert »

Hmm I wonder where this myth of Tory economic competence comes from, there have been far more recessions under Tory rule (with a few exceptions) then there has been under Labour. A quick skim of this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_r ... ed_Kingdom shows that. It's often Labour who have to pick up the mess left behind after the Torys have caused their chaos.

May I also remind people that the 2008 recession was global, started in the US. Labour policies had nothing to do with it and their public spending at the time was quite moderate, considering they had to pick up the mess left behind by Thatcher and Major.
Last edited by klambert on Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://berkshiretrainz.webs.com/

Great Bolshy Yarblockos!
cyberdonblue
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: 2006 2012 T:ANE SP3
Trainz Build: 105766
Author KUID: 214658

Post by cyberdonblue »

Seems the young ARE paying attention. Number 4 in the music charts, I'm told:

Dave
klambert
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: 2012 TANE
Trainz Build: 61297
Author KUID: 393563

Post by klambert »

cyberdonblue wrote:Seems the young ARE paying attention. Number 4 in the music charts, I'm told:

Dave
That reached the no.1 spot a few days ago but the radio stations refused to play it.

Anarchy in the UK ...
http://berkshiretrainz.webs.com/

Great Bolshy Yarblockos!
Briggsy
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS2019 + TANE SP3
Trainz Build: 105096
Author KUID: 630773

Post by Briggsy »

klambert wrote:Hmm I wonder where this myth of Tory economic competence comes from, there have been far more recessions under Tory rule (with a few exceptions) then there has been under Labour. A quick skim of this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_r ... ed_Kingdom shows that. It's often Labour who have to pick up the mess left behind after the Torys have caused their chaos.

May I also remind people that the 2008 recession was global, started in the US. Labour policies had nothing to do with it and their public spending at the time was quite moderate, considering they had to pick up the mess left behind by Thatcher and Major.
How dare you come along and speak sense! :o
Mightyena
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: T:ANE
Author KUID: 688183

Post by Mightyena »

Hmm, this is getting far too political for me...

I thought it was supposed to be a discussion on track maintenance, not which group of [UNPRINTABLE WORD]s has done more damage to the country? ;)
James M, creator of the
network
Class172
SOTM Moderator
Trainz Build: 94916
Author KUID: 485742

Post by Class172 »

If anyone wants this thread splitting so you can continue to discuss politics, just let me know and I'll sort it out, given this thread how now widely veered off-topic.
cyberdonblue
Forum Veteran

Post by cyberdonblue »

That might be the best idea, Mark. It has wandered away from the original debate really, hasn't it? - and I haven't helped on that score either. My apolgies to all for my part in that.

Cheers

Dave :D
PFX
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 119450

Post by PFX »

cyberdonblue wrote:and I haven't helped on that score either. My apolgies to all for my part in that.
I don't think you're solely to blame Dave.
rjhowie
Past 100!
Trainz Version: 2010

Post by rjhowie »

Ah, being would-be subtle PFX?! But he IS right as he did swerve as he did but because it was me who challenged you are making me smile. Don't object to any opinion but it did very obviously swing very strongly. None of us including you and I are automatically perfectionist but I would say that I am at least not trying to be elitist (neither is he!). :lol:
Class172
SOTM Moderator
Trainz Build: 94916
Author KUID: 485742

Post by Class172 »

cyberdonblue wrote:That might be the best idea, Mark. It has wandered away from the original debate really, hasn't it? - and I haven't helped on that score either. My apolgies to all for my part in that.

Cheers

Dave :D
Didn't realise I was called Mark... ;)

I have now split the thread as well as I can - there were a few posts that were fairly long and had strings of quotations; I've tried to keep those together in one of the threads.

Cheers.
cyberdonblue
Forum Veteran

Post by cyberdonblue »

Class172 wrote: ...Didn't realise I was called Mark... ;) ...
:oops: Oops! :lol: That's what happens when us oldies try to do 2 things at once. Lesson learned, "Do not text friends while reading forums." :roll: (Good job I was texting a man :shock: )
rjhowie wrote:...I would say that I am at least not trying to be elitist...
And nobody (as far as I can see) is accusing you of being so, Mr Howie. Merely suggesting that the political party that you follow is. However, following such a party is not a crime and the freedom to choose which side of the street to stand on is a valuable asset to us all.

Dave
PFX
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 119450

Post by PFX »

rjhowie wrote:Ah, being would-be subtle PFX?
Subtlety is wasted on people who see the world in black and white don't you think? lol
rjhowie
Past 100!
Trainz Version: 2010

Post by rjhowie »

Well those of you who are red flag crackers (!) are living in the past of the negative style.

Would say this blackwatch regarding that stuff about the horrible Tsarists that is a twisted understanding of history.

The old Russia was late in catching up on modernising and much else but the vast majority of the population actually had a basic education. The President of the USA just prior to WW1 complimented the place on industrial and agriculture progress and much else. The majority of the land was NOT owned by aristocrats. The legal system was independent of government control unlike what happened after the control of the Reds in 1918. There were political parties, press freedoms and other things so you are using an immature attitude politically. One came after 1918 but a vicious one-party State that was to murder more than even the Nazis did.

Anyway before this thread got ridiculously morphed into the red flag immature and childish direction the matter of who runs the railway was a reasonable discussion. Whether the Leftie mindset wants to have much under State control is a daft direction. As I pointed out more people are using the railways than under the old BR days which so many closed minds have allowed their minds to be ignoring the factual. At one time this country was a State controlled farce and much of it over employed and costly. Power, rail, bus companies, ferry companies, airlines, phones, betting shops, travel agencies, etc all State run. State run things allowed all sorts of abuses and nonsense because the Unions had been infiltrated by wrong minds and now people have more competition and choices.

A more heavily used rail system brings it's own challenges and just sticking things under the State is so damnably easy to yak about when the past in practice shows something else. BR was duff, over staffed and inefficient. So call me what you damn well like as I am not retreating on anything historically, politically and so on. It is one thing having different leanings but out of date stuff is a wee bit of a waste! Me retreat my stance? "Not an inch" as someone once said. :lol:
blackwatch13
Past 500!
Trainz Version: TRS 2019
Trainz Build: 105096
Author KUID: 222042

Post by blackwatch13 »

At one time this country was a State controlled farce and much of it over employed and costly. Power, rail, bus companies, ferry companies, airlines, phones, betting shops, travel agencies, etc all State run. State run things allowed all sorts of abuses and nonsense because the Unions had been infiltrated by wrong minds and now people have more competition and choices.
But a lot of the railways & utilities in this country are STILL state run, just not our state, they are owned by foreign states.
Tane SP3 build 94916 + SnC & Duchess
trainzrule
Milepost 3

Post by trainzrule »

So what? As long as they do their job well..(And many TOCs like greater anglia are doing a good job, replacing their whole fleet)