Goodbye

rjhowie
Past 100!
Trainz Version: 2010

Goodbye

Post by rjhowie »

I think it was really very one sided that a recent contribution to a now closed thread was not allowed here for people to judge not the matter of control. This thread I have written is NOT an excuse for anything bias to be made against me. Neither am I re-birthing the content as it is obvious the way this site is run. So shortly I will as I said leave here and not be surfing in for a look as I don't need it for my hobby. Perhaps if readers had been allowed to see what I finally concluded they would have been able to get a wider thing. Nothing in this thread is objectionable in wide principle and disappointed at the way things dealt with. So no-one start going back the way again as even getting here will be hopeless!
Briggsy
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS2019 + TANE SP3
Trainz Build: 105096
Author KUID: 630773

Re: Goodbye

Post by Briggsy »

rjhowie wrote:I think it was really very one sided that a recent contribution to a now closed thread was not allowed here for people to judge not the matter of control. This thread I have written is NOT an excuse for anything bias to be made against me. Neither am I re-birthing the content as it is obvious the way this site is run. So shortly I will as I said leave here and not be surfing in for a look as I don't need it for my hobby. Perhaps if readers had been allowed to see what I finally concluded they would have been able to get a wider thing. Nothing in this thread is objectionable in wide principle and disappointed at the way things dealt with. So no-one start going back the way again as even getting here will be hopeless!
The site is run very well by the site owner and us admins. The only people that generally think otherwise are those that cannot obey the very few simple rules that are in place.

The topic you're referring to was not one-sided. It was a free flowing debate where anyone could, and did, take part. The issue with that thread was the point when you started become patronising and rude towards others. You were asked not to do it - but you CHOSE to continue.

You were then banned for 24 hours - and advised to change the manner in which you communicate with others. You CHOSE to then come back with further immature and insulting comments.

Stop trying to blame others for the way you were dealt with. Stop trying to blame "the site" (its owner & the admins) and other members for the way you were dealt with.

You were dealt with the way you were because of YOUR actions. You simply cannot help but insulting people and thinking your smarter, better or above everyone else. This was quite clear from your PM to me when you said the following:
rjhowie wrote:Having had a long involvement in the community in a difficult area had a chapter written about me in a book (now in the world famous Mitchell Reference Library in my city> I was also being passingly satirical but you and a couple of others couldn't see that and when i drew the attention of friends elsewhere who had know my long voluntary work and my actual job they found the opposition comments laughable. You and certain others could not work out my subtle comment about my two giant projects as it was beyond the thinking side.
All of your "achievements" came across as pompous and the bit in bold was a blatant insult. The very thing you were banned twice for.

It is also irrelevant whether you've had a chapter written about you in a book, been interview by the BBC, have a long involvement in the community, had two "giant projects", flown to another part of GB to do 3 workshops along with a senior clergyman and a full time community worker - or any other thing you mentioned in your "I'm bigger than you lot" diva-esque PM. I do not care whether you're the Queen, the Prime Minister, American President or God. On here, everyone generally gets on well and everyone is regarded as equal.

You chose to get personal with others by insulting and patronising them - so you were dealt with.

You tried to brush everything off in your PM by suggesting it was "satire". It wasn't. Satire is humorous irony. What you typed to others was simply patronising and insulting.

If you wish to have another Mariah Carey-esque diva strop and throw your toys out of the pram, then that is your choice. However, if you really wanted to leave, you could have simply done so - rather than creating a "look at me, I want attention" post before you go. This is exactly the problem - but you cannot, or do not want to, see it. Its always someone else's fault.......
klambert
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: 2012 TANE
Trainz Build: 61297
Author KUID: 393563

Post by klambert »

Mr Howie

However you may see it, you were very insulting to many of the participants of that debate, if you wish to have any meaningful discourse, you need to acknowledge the points brought up by others, try to see their point of view, having done this you can create a far more effective response as you can critically analyse their point of view and perhaps bring up some valid points from your argument that they may not have seen. Although I'm sure you'll blame it on the forum being leftist dominated, 'suppressing freedom of speech' rather than analysing your own behavior to see where you could have got your point across better.

You don't change peoples viewpoints by being defensive.

I know one member even conceded to a couple of points of yours but you were still dreadfully insulting and didn't really acknowledge his argument.
http://berkshiretrainz.webs.com/

Great Bolshy Yarblockos!
clam1952
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 116243
Author KUID: 425700

Post by clam1952 »

Guys, he has gone, leave it at that and move on.
Cheers

Malc

Member of Trainz Carriage and Wagon Works
http://www.trainz-carriage-wagon-works.com/