Anime.

Hope epic97
Past 250!
Trainz Version: Trainz 2010
Trainz Build: 44653
Author KUID: 450814

Anime.

Post by Hope epic97 »

Not sure if anime appeals to other train folk, but i definitively know it appeals to me. So does anyone else like anime?
I like one anime in particular, Studio Ghibli which made the films: Spirited away and ponyo to name but a few.
Thanks for looking, Willow.
welsh37/5
Past 100!
Trainz Version: 40183
Trainz Build: 3
Author KUID: 264963

Re: Anime.

Post by welsh37/5 »

Rather oddly, I do like anime's espically ghost in the shell stand alone complex. Growing up in the late 90's early noughties, citv used to become popular to quite a few anime's including (or at least I think they class as anime's) Pokemon and Digimon. Hard to think I used to watch those shows too :/.
klambert
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: 2012 TANE
Trainz Build: 61297
Author KUID: 393563

Post by klambert »

Hope epic97 wrote:Not sure if anime appeals to other train folk, but i definitively know it appeals to me. So does anyone else like anime?
I like one anime in particular, Studio Ghibli which made the films: Spirited away and ponyo to name but a few.
Personally I absolutley detest anime, The cartoons are simple to draw, can be mass produced easily and lack any uniqueness. Watching them on TV is like watching microsoft powerpoint. Anime has virtully killed off any other sort of cartoons on the telly. If your part of deviant art like me you get sick of the sight of guady looking gimboids. I also hate the way charectors are supposed to look like what the ideal human is sopposed to look like, big, eyes, small noises, sharp small chins and wacked out hair. All the charectors look the same! I fear if I say anymore I may get banned so I best stop.

Basicly I hate Anime with a passion. Its one of the worst things to come from Japan since those rubbish high tech robot toys that were briefly popular.
http://berkshiretrainz.webs.com/

Great Bolshy Yarblockos!
welsh37/5
Past 100!
Trainz Version: 40183
Trainz Build: 3
Author KUID: 264963

Post by welsh37/5 »

I gather you mean the robot "cavemen" toys that came out a few years back klambert? Although I also grew up with captain scarlet as well during my younger years as about 12 years ago, I think it used to be on a Saturday afternoon (might have been a Sunday) they would sometimes show an episode. Sadly a lot of the the children channels signed up for newer anime and cgi based programmes (aka Max steel,Astro boy 2004).

Tbh given have the chance I would grumble about most of the toys that get advertised about 10 weeks before xmas, I really feel sorry for all the parents that allways get nagged to death because one of the children has seen a new action toy (going back quite a number of years mind) or some sort of new game console which either they get bored of after a matter of weeks or ends up breaking down (the classic console of my day was the NES and the blinking red light of death).
Hope epic97
Past 250!
Trainz Version: Trainz 2010
Trainz Build: 44653
Author KUID: 450814

Post by Hope epic97 »

klambert wrote:
Hope epic97 wrote:Not sure if anime appeals to other train folk, but i definitively know it appeals to me. So does anyone else like anime?
Personally I absolutley detest anime, The cartoons are simple to draw, can be mass produced easily and lack any uniqueness. Watching them on TV is like watching microsoft powerpoint. Anime has virtully killed off any other sort of cartoons on the telly. If your part of deviant art like me you get sick of the sight of guady looking gimboids. I also hate the way charectors are supposed to look like what the ideal human is sopposed to look like, big, eyes, small noises, sharp small chins and wacked out hair. All the charectors look the same! I fear if I say anymore I may get banned so I best stop.

Basicly I hate Anime with a passion. Its one of the worst things to come from Japan since those rubbish high tech robot toys that were briefly popular.
If you are primarily aiming that at anime's like pokemon etc then i don't blame you, but studio ghibli is allot more different realistic and relate able.
Thanks for looking, Willow.
badger1986
Past 100!
Trainz Version: TANE
Trainz Build: 0
Author KUID: 96495

Post by badger1986 »

if you like anime then try "trigun" amazing and "deathnote" two great series
i grew up with dragonball z and gundam wing