welsh37/5
Past 100!
Trainz Version: 40183
Trainz Build: 3
Author KUID: 264963

A trainzers Meetup in Devon anyone?

Post by welsh37/5 »

Good evening all,
Some of you have probably noticed that my location set on my profile has been set to Exeter for quite some time. The reason being is due to me undertaking a college course to helpfully help me find a suitable job and thus, train for one. My course is now near its end and since starting the course, I have requested a day off before my course is over. I have been granted next Wednesday off and I thinking if anyone who lives in Devon or near there would perhaps be interested in meeting up at some point for a pint?

My course sees me travelling to College on a Monday morning and then Travelling back home to the valleys on a Friday Morning. I have asked before about a train enthusiasts meetup back in the days of uktrainz forum although i understand that no one wanted to since it may not be deemed feasible, sometimes work takes up too much time along with the other chores that many of us have to do these days.

I fully understand if this time I will probably not get any answer or the same reasons as before apply again. However, this will probably just a one/off since my course will be reaching its end within the next Fortnight and goodness knows when it will be able to travel as far south west as I have been the past 11 weeks. I do also realise that under the newer forum rules that I will also probably get roasted for this (by the moderators) due to different peoples views as regaurds also sometimes the rather sadder part of the internet that (normally social sites for all the wrong reasons).

Even back in my childhood before the internet became as widespread as it has become today, I have (or so i think?) in a previous post about the reasons why I missed out on such much with the railways during my childhood due to some sick minded people who sometimes get the younger generation sometimes into a false sense of security.

I can assure you that I am not one of them or ever intend to become one of them although I did miss soo much out on the ever changing britains railways (missing out the good old days of loco haulage via spoons and tractors was certainly a kick in the teeth for me).