MOT failures

Warbo40
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TS2012 (SP1)/S&C
Trainz Build: 57898
Author KUID: 441222

Re: MOT failures

Post by Warbo40 »

The tread on tyres in wet weather are for dispersing water as it rolls through a wet patch. As the tyre rolls over water the water is forced into the grooves in the tyre and forced out the back. The deeper the tread the more water that is dispersed out the back.

As for aquaplaning it is very scary. I experienced it when i was travelling down the A1 a couple of years ago. It was raining heavily and i was doing 70mph as i was running late to catch the first train out of Wansford on the Nene Valley railway. The revs suddenly shot up as i hit a large puddle in the road. Luckily i didn't lose control of the car as the tyres had lost grip of the road.
Work to live not live to work.
robd
Past 100!
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 122418
Author KUID: 345264

Re: MOT failures

Post by robd »

Hope epic97 wrote:My dad has a 1996 land rover defender. It normally gets passed the checks, but he is having to drive it without the mot at the moment... Very risky and a bad idea i know but we cant do anything about it. One of the door steps has rusted off. one of the wind screen wipers is out of uses. The inside of the doors are rusting. And in general it is still giving good service.
Not a very sensible idea and your dad should know better, he's putting his passengers lives at risk ( I presume that's you and your family ) as well as other road users and pedestrians. Not to mention the overall increase on legal motorists insurance premiums.

Your dad can do something about it, either get it repaired or get it off the road and stop driving it.

Rob.