My Health

Joe_T
R.I.P
Trainz Version: TS2009
Trainz Build: 41844

Re: My Health

Post by Joe_T »

Thanks for all your well wishes and I fully intend to havbe a damn good party :)
badger1986
Past 100!
Trainz Version: TANE
Trainz Build: 0
Author KUID: 96495

Post by badger1986 »

Firstly before anybody makes the comment I am serving in HM forces I have seen my fair share of death and suffering including cancer and chemo is the process of pumping poison into your body and I have witnessed that first hand, so I am not heartless.

However it strikes me as completely inappropriate to post on a forum of complete strangers that you have cancer and are going to die. Sat here reading your post's imp not full of sympathy but confused as to why you would feel the need to post it on a forum about train simulation. I think that’s its entirely inappropriate to post on this forum or any other you’re supposed condition.

I suspect that this is an immature means of generating sympathy and interest in yourself for which I am deeply offended. I’m sure I am not the only person who believes this.
Joe_T
R.I.P

Post by Joe_T »

badger1986 wrote:Firstly before anybody makes the comment I am serving in HM forces I have seen my fair share of death and suffering including cancer and chemo is the process of pumping poison into your body and I have witnessed that first hand, so I am not heartless.

However it strikes me as completely inappropriate to post on a forum of complete strangers that you have cancer and are going to die. Sat here reading your post's imp not full of sympathy but confused as to why you would feel the need to post it on a forum about train simulation. I think that’s its entirely inappropriate to post on this forum or any other you’re supposed condition.

I suspect that this is an immature means of generating sympathy and interest in yourself for which I am deeply offended. I’m sure I am not the only person who believes this.

I am sorry you feel this way. Let me explain why I posted this, I have got a lot of friends on this forum and I think they would like to know about my health and my coming death so they can grieve for my passing. If you don't like reading about peoples health then don't read posts about "My health" its that simple. My post is short and sweet but to the point.
honeymonster1971
Milepost 5
Trainz Version: All
Author KUID: 123327

Post by honeymonster1971 »

badger1986 wrote:Firstly before anybody makes the comment I am serving in HM forces I have seen my fair share of death and suffering including cancer and chemo is the process of pumping poison into your body and I have witnessed that first hand, so I am not heartless.

Badger, You are a complete and utter idiot (and those are the clean things I feel like calling you)

Joe is one of my best friends and this is not a "immature means of generating sympathy and interest" He REALLY has got Leukemia and REALLY has got WEEKS to live.

He has been a part of the Trainz world for NINE years and has a LOT of friends on this forum and the Auran one, So how the heck is it "inappropriate" to post on here IN THE OFF TOPIC section that he is DYING.

If you had a friend with cancer and your only contact was through a public forum wouldn't you like know??? (I know I would)

Andi
Trouble
Milepost 7
Trainz Version: TS09

Post by Trouble »

honeymonster1971 wrote:Badger, You are a complete and utter idiot (and those are the clean things I feel like calling you)
Unfortunately, the one who comes across as an idiot here is you.

Badger made his point clear, and it's a perfectly valid one, whether you like it or not.
Will I grieve? No - I've never met Joe, and if I'm honest, until I read this thread, he'd barely registered on my radar.
You may not like it, but it's the truth and nothing will change that.

Like any thread, this one will get positive and negative reactions, that's just how it goes.
Lupe Image
Accept no substitutes. Unless they're really good.

All views expressed are my own, and may not represent those of my employer.
greeni
Past 750!
Trainz Version: TRAINZ22PE
Trainz Build: 123799
Author KUID: 174088

Post by greeni »

I've never met Joe, but I will still be sad when he live's his life to the full as he can.

Joe has been around for a good while creating content for people like you trouble and badger1986.

you two wont be missed as what have you given to the community?

Joe can express how they feel to friends that cant see how he is doing, not to be disrespectful like you two have, if you don't know him you didn't need to comment.

that's just my 2 cents worth. we will miss you Joe

cheers greeni
Trouble
Milepost 7

Post by Trouble »

greeni wrote:you two wont be missed as what have you given to the community?
I'm perfectly aware that I won't be missed, but since this is the internet, that's not a concern - there are more important things in life.
greeni wrote:Joe can express how they feel to friends that cant see how he is doing, not to be disrespectful like you two have, if you don't know him you didn't need to comment.
Indeed he can, and is perfectly entitled to, but those of us with differing opinions are also allowed to voice them.
A life lost is a sad thing, particularly one that is avoidable, and I am certainly regretful of the decision Joe has chosen to make, but it is his own choice whether he gets treatment or not, and in this case he has chosen not to.

Badger made a perfectly valid point, and Joe responded to it with his explanation.
There was no need for andi to come barging in, all guns blazing. From where I'm sitting, all it has done is make him look a fool.
I completely agree with 'if you don't like it, don't read it', but don't post something and expect only positive responses.
Lupe Image

Warbo40
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TS2012 (SP1)/S&C
Trainz Build: 57898
Author KUID: 441222

Post by Warbo40 »

Joe's original post was just to pass on his goodbyes to everyone on this forum site especially to his friends and not to encourage sympathy for his plight. Some of the people on this forum site have actually met each other and aren't exactly strangers.

As i stated above my mum has been diagnosed with the same condition. She wished at the time she hadn't had the treatment as explained. When she explained how she felt it was quite understandable as chemo is a very invasive procedure and leaves your body at it's weakest ebb.

If anybody's post was inappropriate it was badgers. Most people wouldn't wish ill to someone else even if those people were strangers.
Work to live not live to work.
Joe_T
R.I.P

Post by Joe_T »

Hi Trouble. Thank you for the pm, so everyone can see what I am going on about here is a copy of what was said:
Trouble wrote:
Joe_T wrote:Thanks for all your well wishes and I fully intend to havbe a damn good party :)
Make it a good one, and go out with a bang.
I'm sure your contribution to the forum will be missed once you are gone, but at least you leave a legacy in the form of the content you've released over the years.

Kind regards
If you can be so nice to me in private why can't you be nice to my friends in public? And me for that matter? Once again with me short sweet and to the point good luck Trouble with your Trainz career.
honeymonster1971
Milepost 5
Trainz Version: All
Author KUID: 123327

Post by honeymonster1971 »

Edit: Damn it you beat me to posting again Joe:P
Trouble wrote:
honeymonster1971 wrote:Badger, You are a complete and utter idiot (and those are the clean things I feel like calling you)
Unfortunately, the one who comes across as an idiot here is you.

Badger made his point clear, and it's a perfectly valid one, whether you like it or not.
So Trouble, In your book it's NOT OK for Joe to say goodbye to his friends in the Trainz world but it IS OK for Badger to Basicly call him a Liar and a Glory Hound! (For this is basicly what he called him)

As you said you no have no idea who Joe is, Well I do know him, He has basicly had a Shitty life with enough medical problems that most people would have given up years ago. (And I won't go into them here, thats up to Joe to decide)
Trouble wrote:I'm perfectly aware that I won't be missed, but since this is the internet, that's not a concern - there are more important things in life.
Yes there is couldn't agree more ..... Like saying goodbye to people you've known for nearly ten years
Trouble wrote:Badger made a perfectly valid point, and Joe responded to it with his explanation.
There was no need for andi to come barging in, all guns blazing. From where I'm sitting, all it has done is make him look a fool.
No he didn't, All he did was attack Joe. And all I did was tell him so. (If you think I came out all guns blazing it's a good job you never got to see my first three posts) What I was trying to get across was that there was no need for Badger to attack Joe like that..

Andi
Trouble
Milepost 7

Post by Trouble »

honeymonster1971 wrote:So Trouble, In your book it's NOT OK for Joe to say goodbye to his friends in the Trainz world but it IS OK for Badger to Basicly call him a Liar and a Glory Hound! (For this is basicly what he called him)
Please can you point out where I have said it is not ok for Joe to say goodbye.
honeymonster1971 wrote:As you said you no have no idea who Joe is, Well I do know him, He has basicly had a Shitty life with enough medical problems that most people would have given up years ago. (And I won't go into them here, thats up to Joe to decide)
I take it you know exactly who I am and about all of my problems then?
honeymonster1971 wrote:No he didn't, All he did was attack Joe. And all I did was tell him so. (If you think I came out all guns blazing it's a good job you never got to see my first three posts) What I was trying to get across was that there was no need for Badger to attack Joe like that..
But what you did was attack Badger for his opinion - that is what I object to.
Joe_T wrote:If you can be so nice to me in private why can't you be nice to my friends in public?
The problem is a simple one - opinions. Badger has his opinion, which he is allowed to have. Your response to it was fine, and made your point well, if it had been left at that, I wouldn't have said anything. It was only because of andi's post that I responded.
Joe_T wrote:And me for that matter?
I realise I came across a tad bluntly towards you, which was unintentional, and I do apologise for that.
Joe_T wrote:Once again with me short sweet and to the point good luck Trouble with your Trainz career.
Thank you.
Unfortunately, I've been moving away from Trainz for a while now, and all the routes I was working on have ground to a halt.
Lupe Image

badger1986
Past 100!
Trainz Build: 0
Author KUID: 96495

Post by badger1986 »

my point is, was and remains that if you are ill then posting it on a forum is inapropiate. it is amazing how intollerant everyone is to a different opinion. do we not practice free speech in this country.

surely if you know him and a familiar with his situation then why does he need to post on a forum to tell you.

like I said as well i have seen cancer first hand, i have seen death first hand and lots more. I have also seen people who want to be in the limelight for 5 minutes.
Warbo40
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TS2012 (SP1)/S&C
Trainz Build: 57898
Author KUID: 441222

Post by Warbo40 »

No, he doesn't want to be in the limelight your getting it all wrong. You may have seen plenty of death so have i maybe not in the same context but i was at Hillsborough on that fateful day in 1989 where the dead were being lined up in front of us on the pitch. I've seen a man place himself in front of a HST as well not a nice thing to see.

All he was doing was saying goodbye to his trainz forum friends and to the other users that know his name on here. The point is it gives him and others the chance to say their goodbyes. If you don't like it don't read it and maybe even don't bother coming on this forum site again if your going to be so impersonal. You have right to your opinion but you didn't need to express it in such a negative and aggressive way in your post.

Anyway Joe you have a blast in the short time you have left. Thanks for your input on this forum, the DLS and finally the permission for me to use the textures from your DBS class 60.
Work to live not live to work.
WessexElectricNutter
Past 100!
Trainz Build: 74539
Author KUID: 30051

Post by WessexElectricNutter »

I think I should say a few words, because I know Joe_T well (for quite some time, near enough 10 years). I didn't know he had weeks to live until I was told on Thursday. Now, Joe has pointed out many problems in his lifetime that have caused a lot of problems, of which were none of his own fault, but was born with them. I am not saying what unless Joe is comfortable to mention (most of his friends know all too well with what he has to suffer).

Its not a case of saying "well, I selfishly risk my life in Afghanistan on a daily basis for you", go on you, you are making the world a safer place which is to be admired or "there is no reason to react in this way because you are looking for sympathy", not true. Joe is in fact, a very strong character and to go through 3 operations (!) at least gives you some idea of the scale of the problem.

Joe has taken an individual choice and individual choice to end pain and suffering to which I admire him for taking because its not an easy one to choose to end your life or end leukemia, particularly when you are faced with a constant struggle with life and various things you cannot fix for some reason or another. We are all faulty to some degree, we all have our pitfalls and some of that doesn't show itself until later on in life when your body stops functioning correctly and then you go to the doctors to be diagnosed with something that not only could affect you, but other people as well.

When I heard the news that Joe basically preferred not to take the treatment, I was shocked, but I didn't shed any tears and I've spoken to 2 others that know Joe (quite well through various mediums) and we all thought the same thing "Its shocking, its a shame Joe has to put up with this, we all feel very sorry for him, but at the same time, we all understand why." And Joe hasn't been keeping anything a secret either. So I think the best idea is to give Joe some slack and understanding, not to rant at anyone, not to express your absolute displeasure, not to come up with what a lot of people snide comments, but with peace, understanding and respect. Seeing someone die is not a nice thing and I feel even more sorry for his partner.

No decision should be taken on "face value", decision making is always a complex process which requires information gathering and weighing up what is the right choice and the wrong choice, to which is tailored to an individuals requirement.
fudginator
Past 100!
Trainz Version: TANE SP4
Trainz Build: 105766

Post by fudginator »

Its a damn shame I'm reading this on the forum at all. I was a doorman for ten years, six of them in Newquay and I have dealt with some of the lowest scum this planet has to offer on a weekly basis. I have also served my country during the 80's and 90's ending up in some hell holes along the way, with my love for our great railways starting in my teens and it has stayed with me ever since. Now one of the things I like the most these days is people who share this same interest of mine are generally pleasant decent folk, with no crosses to bare, no chips on their shoulder and no ones throwing punches. When I go to the open days at Bodmin you meet really sincere people and its so refreshing after the career I have had. So I ask you all lets end this now, lock this up and not make this thread look anymore like facebook than it already is.