My Health

clam1952
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 116243
Author KUID: 425700

Re: My Health

Post by clam1952 »

Likewise glad you have decided to go for the treatment. Sounds to me as if you have the willpower to beat this and continue confounding the experts, good luck with the treatment.
Cheers

Malc

Member of Trainz Carriage and Wagon Works
http://www.trainz-carriage-wagon-works.com/
Joe_T
R.I.P
Trainz Version: TS2009
Trainz Build: 41844

Post by Joe_T »

Hi all, sorry to drag up this old thread but I thought I would give you all a quick update on how I am doing. I have completed my intensive course of Chemo and now I am about to start on my maintenance chemo, this is due to start next week on 5th April 2013, this will last for about 2 years. So far the signs are good that I am beating this and looking forward to bit longer on this earth than this time last year. Thank you all once again for all your well wishes and good will messages. I will try and keep you more informed on how I am doing.
pellet
Past 250!
Trainz Version: 2010, S&C
Trainz Build: 49933
Author KUID: 176287

Post by pellet »

Excellent news Joe, hang in there mate.
Dan Adkins

Please feel free to visit my photo website:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dan700/
Desironutter14
Past 500!
Trainz Version: 2012 SP1
Trainz Build: 61388
Author KUID: 734197

Post by Desironutter14 »

great news get well soon mate
Please Visit My Photo Gallery At http://www.flickr.com/photos/jamesyboy53/

The Siemens Desiro is Awesome
Desironutter14 Previously known as liverpool13
Briggsy
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS2019 + TANE SP3
Trainz Build: 105096
Author KUID: 630773

Post by Briggsy »

Glad to hear you're doing well Joe!
jack24
Past 100!
Trainz Version: 2.6
Trainz Build: 3337

Post by jack24 »

Great news mate!
Jack24
The canary
Joe_T
R.I.P

Post by Joe_T »

Hello, once again sorry to drag up an old thread but I have some bad news. My Leukemia has come back. I got given the news on Wednesday and was given 3 options. Option one is no treatment and I die in a matter of months! Option 2 is go for treatment on a randomised trial, that involves having a bone marrow and a lumber puncture biopsy and seeing if I have certain cells Leukemia cells (can't remember the cells sorry) and then putting my details into a computer and then be given what they call salvage chemo which is far more sever than I have had up to now to get me into remission again or have the salvage chemo along with a new drug which targets the certain cells they looked for in the biopsies. Then once in remission I then go to Bristol and have radio therapy over a week and then a bone marrow transplant, so all in all I will be in the hospital for about 3-4 weeks in total isolation. Then live in Bristol for another 3 to 4 months in a hospital provided flat so I am close by to the hospital incase I get an infection while the transplant takes hold and my immune system re grows, so I can be rushed back into hospital easily. I will be on anti-rejection drugs for atleast 18 months. Option 3 is just going for the salvage chemo and then moving to Bristol for about 5-6 months including the hospital stay for radiotherapy and bone marrow transplant....

I have come to a decision but want to speak to my GP before I tell the docs at the hospital my choice but I am 99% certain on I will follow my decision through and that is go for Option 3 just the salvage chemo etc.... and NO trial. I said I would keep you informed and here is an update. I am just so sorry I cannot bring you happier news. In the flat I will have my Desktop so I can continue to play Trainz and apparently it has internet so should be able to post on the forum :) I see my GP on Wed Morning at 09:30 UK time (I copied this to the Auran Forum :p) and I will phone the hospital up in the afternoon once I make my final choice
Desironutter14
Past 500!
Trainz Version: 2012 SP1
Trainz Build: 61388
Author KUID: 734197

Post by Desironutter14 »

I am sorry to hear this :cry: i hope you get well soon :D
Please Visit My Photo Gallery At http://www.flickr.com/photos/jamesyboy53/

The Siemens Desiro is Awesome
Desironutter14 Previously known as liverpool13
Warbo40
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TS2012 (SP1)/S&C
Trainz Build: 57898
Author KUID: 441222

Post by Warbo40 »

My mother recently succumbed to the leukemia she'd been diagnosed with in December 2011 but there were certain reasons why it finally ground her down. They were because for starters she was a rare blood type and also a rare bone marrow type. I've recently been told that she had an extra chromosome which is associated with down syndrome but my mother didn't show any of the visual attributes, not to me anyway, that you associate with people who suffer from it. I was told that there are different scales to down syndrome and there are many different signs and symptoms sufferers of it can display. This i guess made it nigh on impossible for the hospital to find a cure / donor for my mums cancer. I found it odd that the hospital she was being treated by hadn't asked either me or my sister to have tests to find out if either of us could be viable donors for her. But the discovery of her having an extra chromosome could've and probably was the reason why they didn't ask us.

Ah well, they do say it gets us all eventually but it's NOT your time yet Joe. I know i can't talk from my own experience but from what my mum had to go through the treatments for leukemia or any cancer for that matter aren't something i would like to go through. You go do what is needed Joe to lengthen your life experience and say to this cancer you ain't going to beat me no way on this planet are you gonna get the better of me.

Good luck Joe i hope it all works out fine for you.
As they say in this country "chin up mate" and hope to here your continued input on this forum site.
Work to live not live to work.
Joe_T
R.I.P

Post by Joe_T »

Thanks for your well wishes guys, so sorry to hear about your mum Warbo. I hope you are able to keep your chin up and are still able to create your reskins for Trainz. I am still keeping going with Trainz. although taken a break from my secret project but will get back to that at some point so don't worry that hasn't fallen by the way side. It just means your going to have to wait a wee while longer to find out what it is :p. With regards to the cancer, it may have won this battle but I WILL WIN THE WAR!!!!!! that is the way I am looking at it atm! So this goes out to everyone, take care of yourselves and each other as you never know what is round the corner.

Take care
Joe
electra
Past 250!
Trainz Version: TRS2019 SP4
Trainz Build: 116678
Author KUID: 49712

RIP Joe_T - 1977 to 2013

Post by electra »

It's with great sadness that I have to report that Joe passed away in his sleep at around 01:15, this morning.
honeymonster1971
Milepost 5
Trainz Version: All
Author KUID: 123327

Post by honeymonster1971 »

Farewell my friend, May your haulage be diesel and always on time, You will be missed

Andi :(
clam1952
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 116243
Author KUID: 425700

Post by clam1952 »

Sad news, goodbye Joe, you will be missed, condolences to family and friends.
Cheers

Malc

Member of Trainz Carriage and Wagon Works
http://www.trainz-carriage-wagon-works.com/
pellet
Past 250!
Trainz Version: 2010, S&C
Trainz Build: 49933
Author KUID: 176287

Post by pellet »

Such a shame, RIP Joe.