has anyone got problems with tafweb content

MNIBARI
Milepost 5
Trainz Version: TANE
Trainz Build: 84204
Author KUID: 388961

has anyone got problems with tafweb content

Post by MNIBARI »

Reason asking is that tafweb content is out of date Station Terminus 2t 4t 8t are not working due to texture issue

:!: i need someone who knows what he is doing and can help me to undo the faulty so it becomes usable for Trainz 12. If someone tells me to do it I have tried to do it. I do not know what i am doing wrong I have try to deal with the files that are error-ed and content is still faulty. Please understand

please note that user who done the content (tafweb) is 70 years old

yours

Matthew
North Norfolk Trainz Team : (Matthew Manson MNIBARI) (Dan Knights Dmanlewis) (The Fenman)
clam1952
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 116243
Author KUID: 425700

Re: has anyone got problems with tafweb content

Post by clam1952 »

Downloaded the 2 Track to have a look, you need to use Pev's pm2im and run both im files through it, that's the night.im in the night folder and the station_terminus_2t.im in the main folder and commit. I would think you need to do similar for the others.
Cheers

Malc

Member of Trainz Carriage and Wagon Works
http://www.trainz-carriage-wagon-works.com/
MNIBARI
Milepost 5

Post by MNIBARI »

thanks, I like to say some users say they do not work on trainz 12 multilayer mode :D
North Norfolk Trainz Team : (Matthew Manson MNIBARI) (Dan Knights Dmanlewis) (The Fenman)
Itareus
Past 250!
Trainz Version: 06/TC3/09/10/12/TANE
Trainz Build: 4
Author KUID: 243828

Post by Itareus »

MNIBARI wrote:thanks, I like to say some users say they do not work on trainz 12 multilayer mode :D
Any content you modify locally will work fine for you but unless it's put on the DLS (with the original authors permission of course) it will not be available for mulitplayer sessions. Just for information, it's against the rules to distribute any other authors content, modified or not, via any method without their permission.

You might like to try the station ket assets by Andi06 (that's zero six), this collection includes various templates, platforms, walls, roofs etc. They are on the DLS, there is a help thread on the Auran Forum and Andi had a manual on his website.
MNIBARI
Milepost 5

Post by MNIBARI »

tafweb: LICENCE

This file is released free of charge for your enjoyment. You may use, redistribute and (where appropriate) re-skin the model as long as you do not do so for profit or suggest that the work contained in this file is your own. If you redistribute the file it must not be altered in any way (including this licence). Copyright of the original model/textures must be acknowledged in the licence and readme files of any re-skinned models. Copyright of all models, layouts, scripts and original textures remains with Terry Franks (TaFWeb Software) who can be contacted at taf151@trainzobjectz.co.uk. ? ? J u ?
Last edited by MNIBARI on Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MNIBARI
Milepost 5

Post by MNIBARI »

please note i am not making profit out of the content
Class172
SOTM Moderator
Trainz Version: T:ANE
Trainz Build: 94916
Author KUID: 485742

Post by Class172 »

Thread moved to TS12 Support. Any problems just contact.
Itareus
Past 250!
Trainz Version: 06/TC3/09/10/12/TANE
Trainz Build: 4
Author KUID: 243828

Post by Itareus »

MNIBARI wrote:tafweb: LICENCE ... If you redistribute the file it must not be altered in any way (including this licence)....
This part of the licence would seem to contradict the first part. To be safe I would try and contact Terry Franks, the latest link seems to be http://www.tafweb-trainz.co.uk/ look for his name underlined on the homepage which gives you an email link. I'm not sure if you will get through though !

Auran were running an initiative allowing people to repair faulty content made by others (in a controlled manner) but I can't find any links to it. You could ask on thee Auran forums.
MNIBARI
Milepost 5

Post by MNIBARI »

Good news everyone I got a email for Terry Franks (TaFWeb)

on my email i sent on Thu, 2 Aug 2012 :

Dear Terry Franks

I am writing on behalf of all Trainz users, due to faulty assets can we have permission to update your content. For users that have Trainz 12 and
for download station

yours

Matthew Manson

The reply i got from Terry on 15 Aug 2012 was :

Hi Matthew

I am happy for you or others to update my content as long as I continue to be acknowledged as the original creator.

Best wishes

Terry Franks (TaFWeb)

:D