Flashing Scenary

Warbo40
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TS2012 (SP1)/S&C
Trainz Build: 57898
Author KUID: 441222

Flashing Scenary

Post by Warbo40 »

I'm having a few issues when i have my game set up in OpenGL. I have it in that display mode on my display setting option as it allows me to see the writing properly either in the properties of an individual loco while in surveyor or the name of a route in the Routes list when i first start the game. The only problem that causes is that scenary items start to flash. I don't get the flashing effect when i set the dispaly mode in DirectX but then i can't see the writing very well in those sections as described above.

Has anybody else had this same thing and would anyone know how to cure it ?

I have a 1440 x 900 @ 60Hz / 32 bit monitor with a AMD Radeon HD 6450 graphics card.
Work to live not live to work.
clam1952
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 116243
Author KUID: 425700

Re: Flashing Scenary

Post by clam1952 »

Think the writing problem can be solved by using the vertex offset in the launcher options, I find OpenGL with Nvidia gets worse on every driver update/ newer card, beginning to think its getting left behind with the newer hardware. Don't know about ATI / AMD cards but on Nvidia the flashing is usually due to not allowing the game to handle the settings, usually it's some enhanced anti-aliasing setting that's the cause.
Cheers

Malc

Member of Trainz Carriage and Wagon Works
http://www.trainz-carriage-wagon-works.com/