Splines not showing correctly when placing or moving

Joe_T
R.I.P
Trainz Version: TS2009
Trainz Build: 41844

Re: Splines not showing correctly when placing or moving

Post by Joe_T »

Sorry for double post but OOOOOOOOOO That worked. Correction that didn't work I got 50m wires but no support arms to hold the wires with the following errors.

The Tag "track" is not permitted within a container type "obsolete track"
The tag "trackoffsets" is not permitted within a container type "obsolete track"

Any help on this would be appreciated
clam1952
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 116243
Author KUID: 425700

Post by clam1952 »

Joe_T wrote:Sorry for double post but OOOOOOOOOO That worked. Correction that didn't work I got 50m wires but no support arms to hold the wires with the following errors.

The Tag "track" is not permitted within a container type "obsolete track"
The tag "trackoffsets" is not permitted within a container type "obsolete track"

Any help on this would be appreciated
I'd try initially deleting them as they should only apply to physical bridges not a spline, I've actually seen those two used in of all things a concrete wall.

kind bridge seems to have been used for quite a few things that are not bridges, guess it was some kind of workround at the time, I would have though there ought to be a more up to date catenary available for TS12 by now.
Cheers

Malc

Member of Trainz Carriage and Wagon Works
http://www.trainz-carriage-wagon-works.com/
Joe_T
R.I.P

Post by Joe_T »

There is better catenary made by Nexus but he hasn't yet produced AFAIAA no wire gantry catenary. I am willing to be proved wrong though as my CMP 3.6 is not picking anything up. Thanks for all the responses though so far keep em coming I am grateful. :)
Nexusdj
Forum Veteran
Trainz Build: 123794
Author KUID: 45317

Post by Nexusdj »

No wire gantry catenary .... that's got me stumped as to what you are referring to ?

Any chance of posting a pic or the relevant kuid number for Snowsignals built-in content so that I can see what you require please Joe ?
High visibility pixels must be worn when on or about the line !!
Joe_T
R.I.P

Post by Joe_T »

Here you go Nexus both what I am after and the kuid number all in one, ain't I good :twisted:

Nexusdj
Forum Veteran

Post by Nexusdj »

Oh ... you mean a Headspan spline ;)

I dont have one as a spline , they are either part of a multi track spline that already has the catenary wires attached which stretch along the track or separate scenery objects they I've made and sized to suit the location .

I can have a look at converting one of the scenery objects to a spline but it will have to be a bridge type spline due to the fact that the girder supports , insulators and concrete foundations need to be left at a constant size .
You will still get those white lines when stretching the spline in TS12 .

I have another idea I want to try which if it works will result in no white line when stretching the spline .....
PFX
Forum Veteran
Trainz Build: 119450

Post by PFX »

Another workaround I use is to place nexusdj's pylons and then use the UK 25 or 50 m wire to connect to these. As the wire shows as it should, this makes placing it very easy. Nexus has also produced a range of wires with isolaters and such so it should cover most possible uses.
Nexusdj
Forum Veteran

Post by Nexusdj »

Uk 25 Kv Mk3 style Headspan spline (20M) :

This is a bridge type spline so will suffer from the same white line when being stretched in TS12

Spline stretches up to 20 metres which is sufficient to cover 5 lines using UK track centres (I shall make longer splines but these require taller posts and adjusted cross wires)

It's set up as build 2.9 but I'm not sure if the additional config tags that are required in TS12 (trackoffsets + trackdirections) will flag up errors in lower builds .

*** File uploaded to DLS ***
Last edited by Nexusdj on Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mightyena
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: T:ANE
Trainz Build: 105766
Author KUID: 688183

Post by Mightyena »

Nexusdj wrote:Uk 25 Kv Mk3 style Headspan spline (20M) :

This is a bridge type spline so will suffer from the same white line when being stretched in TS12

Spline stretches up to 20 metres which is sufficient to cover 5 lines using UK track centres (I shall make longer splines but these require taller posts and adjusted cross wires)

It's set up as build 2.9 but I'm not sure if the additional config tags that are required in TS12 (trackoffsets + trackdirections) will flag up errors in lower builds .

I've attached it below and feed back would be appreciated before I upload it to the DLS .
I've just replaced the builtin span with this on one of my routes and I must say it looks great! A big improvement over the built-in ones! If I might suggest, would it be possible to create a trackside "headspan arm" to go with it, as I think that would really round it off. Keep up the great work! :D
James M, creator of the
network
Nexusdj
Forum Veteran

Post by Nexusdj »

Thanks for replying James , I've released a pack of accessories to expand the range (Scenery releases section of the forum) :D