Disappearing route - reappears after DBR

PFX
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 119450

Disappearing route - reappears after DBR

Post by PFX »

I'm at the latter stages of route construction and have had a few recent issues with failed saves. I've cloned the routes, and then saved it with a new name and the route is fine. I made changes, saved again with a fresh base session and again, all seems fine. If I switch Trainz off, when I come back to do more work, the new route is missing until I either do an EDR or DR and I get my route back only for the same thing to happen next time I close down.

Any ideas folks?

Cheers,
PFX
PFX
Forum Veteran

Re: Disappearing route - reappears after DBR

Post by PFX »

I've also noticed that when I'm using Content Creator Plus that I get an error on closing the application saying it has tried to close in an unexpected way. Would this have anything to do with my issue?
Nexusdj
Forum Veteran
Trainz Build: 123794
Author KUID: 45317

Post by Nexusdj »

If your using SP1 check the route in CMP to see that it's not flagged red with a missing thumbnail . Seems to be hit or miss whether the auto thumbnail activates when saving a route or a clone . Same applies to any sessions .

Also for some reason when you clone a route that already has a thumbnail the game doesn't transfer over the original thumbnail file , so the route gets red flagged with a missing thumbnail .
High visibility pixels must be worn when on or about the line !!
PFX
Forum Veteran

Post by PFX »

Nexus, I'm still pre SP1 because I'm a big Jessie. No errors are showing in CMP. I'm going to lose the rag if I lose the route as it's now so close to completion!