Mightyena
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: T:ANE
Trainz Build: 105766
Author KUID: 688183

Urgent help needed with route!

Post by Mightyena »

Hi, I've run into an extremely frustrating problem when editing my route:

Basically, Trainz crashed, and I restored Wendsey from the autosave, but now ALL my station signs, most of the platform furniture and almost all the OHLE is missing from areas that haven't been touched for months! I mean, Wendsey Central is now just some platforms, all the canopies, people, signage etc is gone. Attached is a before and after shot describing the problem. Does anyone know if/how it can be fixed, or will I have to give up on Wendsey?

Thanks,
James

Before:

After:

James M, creator of the
network
Nexusdj
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 123794
Author KUID: 45317

Re: Urgent help needed with route!

Post by Nexusdj »

Is this the same route that you did this to :
Mightyena wrote:I have this sometimes - every so often, Trainz will have a wobbly and crash, and when it reloads it won't save anything. It comes up with the save dialogue, but if you save the route, it isn't actually saved :evil:
I came across this when I thought I'd been saving my new version of Wendsey all day (as in, I'd been using Ctrl+S every half hour or so) , but then when I went to quit the game, it told me I hadn't saved it yet! What I did was go into CMP, and open both Wendsey and the AUTOSAVE routes in Explorer, and copy everything except the config.txt over from AUTOSAVE into the route (Make sure the autosave hasn't been overwritten by a different route first!). That seemed to fix it for me.

Hope that helps,
James
:)
I think your problem lies in not copying over most of the contents in the Autosave config file . You need to open up the broken route config file and delete all the entries except the username and kuid number . Open up the Autosave config file (if you still have it) and then copy over everything except the entries for username and kuid (the autosave kuid will probably be a minus number) . Remember to backup the corrupted config just in case I'm wrong and there's another fix !!

Like I say I could be wrong and no doubt somebody will be on to prove it in a bit but that's where I can see the problem stems from . Have you got any other backups of the route in the backups folder ( I have mine setup to backup for at least 7 days ) .
High visibility pixels must be worn when on or about the line !!
Mightyena
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: T:ANE
Trainz Build: 105766
Author KUID: 688183

Re: Urgent help needed with route!

Post by Mightyena »

Afraid not, I only have mine set to 3 days to save space, and all 3 backups have the same problem. I think the issue must have occurred several days ago and I just didn't notice since I was working on another part of the route that was unaffected, so the autosave has also been overwritten with the broken version.

Oh well, guess I'll have to rebuild most of the stations again :roll: Gives me an excuse to fix some of them!

Thanks for the advice though :)
James M, creator of the
network