Assets Becoming Faulty whilst in use

Skipper12
Past 100!
Trainz Version: TS12
Trainz Build: 61388

Assets Becoming Faulty whilst in use

Post by Skipper12 »

I am having a bit of a problem with some content. I have it on trainz and it appears fine- works fine in the game with no warnings or errors, and then i one time I go onto the route and it has dissapeared. On checking CMP, it appears as being faulty. So far this has happened to some AJS invisible stations and all of the MK1 set in the S&C pack. (including extra liveries off the S&C website).

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?
Any help appreciated,
Thanks, Tim
Keep Calm and PLAY TRAINZ!
Itareus
Past 250!
Trainz Version: 06/TC3/09/10/12/TANE
Trainz Build: 4
Author KUID: 243828

Re: Assets Becoming Faulty whilst in use

Post by Itareus »

What version and SP of Trainz is this in Tim ?

Best if you can give the build version (that's the number on the opening menu screen - bottom right hand corner).

Chris
Skipper12
Past 100!

Post by Skipper12 »

Thanks for the reply
It is Trainz 12 build number 47059.
I have not put any service packs on it as SP1 has got so many negative comments.
Thanks, Tim
Itareus
Past 250!

Post by Itareus »

OK Tim,

First thing to try is opening CM, locating the faulty assets (Filter by Faulty = True).

Right click on one and select "View Errors and Warnings".

If anything is shown post it here, if nothing is shown then sometimes simply closing the errors window clears the (false) warning. This can be done in bulk.

If this does not help then we are into trying a Quick Database Repair or (last resort as it can take so long) an Extended Database Repair.

Also, a further question, is your S&C the original one or the 2009 add on ?

Chris
blackwatch13
Past 500!
Trainz Version: TRS 2019
Trainz Build: 105096
Author KUID: 222042

Post by blackwatch13 »

Skipper12 wrote:Thanks for the reply
It is Trainz 12 build number 47059.
I have not put any service packs on it as SP1 has got so many negative comments.
Thanks, Tim
I run TS12 SP1+HF4, so far I have found less problems with this (updating from TS10), than I did when updating from TRS2004 to TS10, take note tho'............
My TS12 came fully patched as a 'digital download' from N3v, most of the problems I've read about regarding patching TS12 to SP1 came
from users who bought TS12 in it's original form, then had to install the patches as they were released, I can't prove anything, but I think
the problem may lie with the way that patches are applied to a set-up that has already been used & had extra content added.
Tane SP3 build 94916 + SnC & Duchess
Skipper12
Past 100!

Post by Skipper12 »

This is what I'm getting on one of the assets- AJS Invisible Station 2T 3.5 by Andi06

https://www.flickr.com/photos/122787344 ... 924215353/
Skipper12
Past 100!

Post by Skipper12 »

Also the S&C was a download from simulator central, for 2009. I am aware that it is not supported in TS12 but I have only noticed a few bugs so far.
Thanks for the Help, Tim
Itareus
Past 250!

Post by Itareus »

The error with Andi's asset is a problem with one of the scripts.

Which of these versions is it:

AJS Invisible Station 2T 3.5,<kuid2:122285:3402:20>

or

AJS Invisible Station 2T 3.5,<kuid2:122285:3402:3>

(Normally you would use the latest version, i.e. AJS Invisible Station 2T 3.5,<kuid2:122285:3402:20>)

For this problem, try deleting the assets in CM and downloading again.

I doubt that the rest of the assets have the same problem, can you post the errors from a few more please.

Also it might be worth your while doing a Quick Database Repair (On the CM 'File' menu) at this time.

I agree with Blackwatch about SP1, I've been running SP1 and the later patch since they came out, without problems (mine was an original boxed version of TS12 and has been patched locally). I think a lot of people who shout out about SP1 are worried about the limited DRM that's included (or maybe they just don't like change). If you want the facility to revert to your pre SP1 installation
just take a backup copy of your entire Trainz install (all the folders) before patching.

Edit: The S&C download package is supported by TS12 - proof of the pudding, I'm running it with no faulty assets.

Chris
Skipper12
Past 100!

Post by Skipper12 »

I have tried a Quick Database repair, but to no avail, and have also tried re-installing the AJS station, but have got exactly the same error. I am using <kuid2:122285:3401:20>, the later model of the two.

The Mk1 Blue and Maroon coaches also dissapeared suddenly. I now realise that these actually have a faulty dependency, and this is same for all of them. The error and warning box for this dependency lookied like this.

https://flic.kr/p/nenmBr
Thanks again, Tim

EDIT- Additional Information

The faulty dependency is ACSlib by Bloodnok <kuid2:60850:89100:9>
Itareus
Past 250!

Post by Itareus »

Does the ACSlib asset show any errors or warnings ? It's a built in on my TS12 install (SP1 + S&C 2009 download). If it's missing or faulty then that's the main culprit.

You could try an Extended Database Repair - start it and leave you computer alone until it finishes.

Do you have many downloaded and self created objects ? I'm beginning to think you may have a corrupt install, in which case (and assuming the EDR does not work) you could be looking at a complete re-install. It may be worth applying SP1 on top of your existing install before resorting to a complete install, also it may be worth posting your problem over on the main Trainz Forum:

http://forums.auran.com/trainz/forum.php

Chris
Skipper12
Past 100!

Post by Skipper12 »

The Link I posted on my previous post shows the error shown for the ACSlib asset.

I will try a EDR later when I am not likely to need my computer, so will not disrupt my work much.

I have no self-created assets, but I do have quite a few downloaded assets- perhaps I should be more careful in future.

Thanks to everyone that has helped and given suggestions

Tim
Itareus
Past 250!

Post by Itareus »

Sorry, I misread the text of that mail. I've looked at the screenshot again and I've spotted the possible error.

The error is reporting that file acslb does not exist - which is true !

The file it should be looking for is acslib.

I can't tell you where the error is exactly because my (post SP1) files are all correct, so I can't trace it.

Edit: Might be in the KUID table at the bottom of the config - BUT beware of editing built in assets as it is the road to hellfire and eternal damnation :twisted: !

Chris