Bit of a long shot BUT...

Itareus
Past 250!
Trainz Version: 06/TC3/09/10/12/TANE
Trainz Build: 4
Author KUID: 243828

Bit of a long shot BUT...

Post by Itareus »

here is the text of a question I have posted on other forums but without an answer, has anybody any ideas ??

Can anybody help with this one ?

I have been doing some work on my 'Appen' route today which, amongst other things, included placing a few cameras and taking screen shots.

The problems is that now I can't remove 3 of the cameras, they are just not visible and whatever I do by way of showing/hiding, locking/unlocking layers it makes no difference.

I have deleted all missing assets and run an EDR without any success, the cameras are still there and annoyingly active.

I did take the precaution of versioning the route before starting the work so I do have a backup but I would rather not have to do a full days work all over again, so ANY ideas would be welcome.

(BTW I have run this problem through Google without any luck).

Thanks

Chris M
Marky7890
Site Admin
Trainz Version: TRS2019
Trainz Build: 90945
Author KUID: 179051

Re: Bit of a long shot BUT...

Post by Marky7890 »

Cameras are not in the usual Objects Menu, so cannot be deleted like a normal asset on the route.

They are placed (and deleted) from the tools menu, you have probably tried this already, but just thought you might be trying from the wrong menu.

Hope this helps.
Itareus
Past 250!
Trainz Version: 06/TC3/09/10/12/TANE
Trainz Build: 4
Author KUID: 243828

Post by Itareus »

Sadly Mark I was aware of that but it was a good thought, we all have our 'senior moments' especially when we get 'senior' :) !

I have come to the conclusion that this version is a lost cause and half a days worth of very boring work on the fiddle yard track will have to be redone.

Cheers

Chris
clam1952
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 116243
Author KUID: 425700

Post by clam1952 »

Could try "breaking" the Cameras in content manager by say up-versioning it and changing the Config to a normal scenery item and substituting a big red square box for the Camera mesh, then see if you can then find them and delete? Then just revert to original in CM.
I've done that with problem splines that had no spline points to delete and refused to be selected may or may not work on the camera.
Cheers

Malc

Member of Trainz Carriage and Wagon Works
http://www.trainz-carriage-wagon-works.com/