Importing TS2010 - Settle to Carlisle into TS12 - Confused

pauljscott2003
Milepost 1

Importing TS2010 - Settle to Carlisle into TS12 - Confused

Post by pauljscott2003 »

Good Morning,

I have searched around for a solution to my problem and I am getting myself a little confused.

I have TS12 (Steam Version) that I bought as part of a bargain offer along with some DLC (Duchess, Aerotrain, Class 14 etc). On the Launcher screen it shows Build 61297, which I 'think' includes SP1 (please correct me if I am wrong).

Recently I bought the Settle to Carlisle add-on, again from the same bargain suppliers, that also came with extra DLC and bits and pieces with their own codes to enter. It seems this 'add-on' is based on TS2010.

When I run 'Trainz 2010: Settle to Carlisle' from Steam it shows as Build 43361 on the Launcher, and as it is an add-on I accept that I cannot go into Surveyor etc.

What I would like to do is import this into TS12, repair anything as necessary and play/edit it from TS12.

Some forum threads suggest that TS12 with SP1 does not use .ja files, yet I can see them in the 'Built In' folder of TS12. Other threads suggest that I should add the serial code and run a EDR. Some even suggest that after entering the serial code the content should download automatically. I am getting confused as to which process I need to follow.

Can someone who has either done this, or knows the best way, advise me please. If I am to run a EDR I believe it is best to let it run overnight as it will no doubt take ages, and slow the computer down.

Many thanks in advance for any help/guidance.

Regards

PS
RedDragon
Past 100!
Trainz Version: All, TZ CE - TRS2019
Trainz Build: 113642
Author KUID: 1400

Re: Importing TS2010 - Settle to Carlisle into TS12 - Confus

Post by RedDragon »

Can't help you on how it works with SP1, as my DLC including S&C 2009 is now downloaded automatically.

Whenever i get the urge to re-install TS12.

Before the advent of this proceedure. The importing of S&C into any version of Trainz, involved copying the .ja files into the "Builtin" folder

Then inserting your product code for S&C into the relevant location in the Trainz startup option window.

No EDR was required as far as i recollect, just a restart of Trainz.
clam1952
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 116243
Author KUID: 425700

Post by clam1952 »

TS12 up to build 49922 will accept the JA files, any TS12 higher than 49922 will not accept DLC JA files, your DLC will be downloaded within the game in the correct updated format for TS12 SP1, SnC includes all the extras that were not in the original install.
Your JA files and installers for DLC are effectively now junk unless you have an older version of Trainz.

For SP1 DLC go to in game Menu
Main menu > General settings > tick Automatically download DLC updates ( should be ticked by default)
Close that Window and open Get new Content > Paid > At the bottom > Redownload all purchases.

Serial numbers provided with pre SP1 DLC are not required under the new system as long as you have registered them at N3V to the same account as you are using for Trainz, it does not matter where you bought the DLC as long as you registered it online.

If you have added DLC JA files remove them and remove their serial numbers from the launcher SP1 will not recognise them.
Cheers

Malc

Member of Trainz Carriage and Wagon Works
http://www.trainz-carriage-wagon-works.com/
pauljscott2003
Milepost 1

Post by pauljscott2003 »

Thanks very much guys, really appreciate your help with this, I didn't realise it was simply a case of entering the serial code in the MyTrainz area of Planet Auran. Once I entered that and set Automatic Updates to ON it downloaded SnC and I can now access it within my main TS12 installation.

Can I assume therefore, that it is safe to delete the .ja files in the Built In folder of my TS12 installation if they are no longer needed in SP1? Or best to leave them be?

Thanks again.
clam1952
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 116243
Author KUID: 425700

Post by clam1952 »

Up to you really, I wouldn't delete them, just in case you have an overwhelming desire to use 2009 or 2010 again, just move them somewhere safe.
Cheers

Malc

Member of Trainz Carriage and Wagon Works
http://www.trainz-carriage-wagon-works.com/
pauljscott2003
Milepost 1

Post by pauljscott2003 »

Thanks