trainz 12 problems

bren7
New Starter
Trainz Version: trainz 12

trainz 12 problems

Post by bren7 »

had trainz 12 since Christmas 2013 everything worked well then created a new station on kings cross line between Sleaford and Lincoln started to realise a lot of track descrepencies like engine shed at Peterborough not actually connected to mainline similar problem at Doncaster no access to sidings etc so went onto edit route gave it a new name crewe st margarets and then went from kings cross to newcastle making track changes and adjustments adding passengers and trains throughout the route over the next few weeks then when I was happy with the changes I started running and playing trains and from feb 2014
til may 2015 and then things went weird like starting a new session and finding I'm in a different train than I was when I saved the last session then it started to kick me off the game or I would be playing and there would be aloud buzz noise and everything would freeze sometimes I would play for 15 mins or 35 mins before buzzzzzzzz and freeze not being too pc savvy
I was stumped in the end my daughter suggested uninstalling and starting from scratch again reluctantly I did.
so started again recreating all the changes I made before plus some additional improvements after a few weeks it froze on me a few times while editing so went into game and tried it out driving a train from Doncaster to crewe st margarets about a minute into game u guessed it buzzzzzzzzzz noise then the whole game just froze then screen went black and then kicked off and computer restarted after this happening 3 or 4 times I gave up and uninstalled the game got a new computer this year so decided to reinstall the game but same thing happen again so I gave up and uninstalled it .
this computer has windows 10 whereas the previous computer was windows 7. have thought about trainz a new era but not hearing good things I really enjoyed playing the game coz it allowed me to change and add things but I'm at a loss what to do now and I prefer to have the actual game to install as I'm not keen on downloading online any advice anyone
Marky7890
Site Admin
Trainz Version: TRS2019
Trainz Build: 90945
Author KUID: 179051

Re: trainz 12 problems

Post by Marky7890 »

Welcome to the forum bren7. I have moved this to Trainz 2012 support where it should get a better response.

Mark
bren7
New Starter

Post by bren7 »

Marky7890 wrote:Welcome to the forum bren7. I have moved this to Trainz 2012 support where it should get a better response.

Mark
thanx :D
clam1952
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 116243
Author KUID: 425700

Post by clam1952 »

Pretty sure you need to update your TS12 what build is it on the launcher as some of those those errors were fixed in one of the patches or service packs?
Cheers

Malc

Member of Trainz Carriage and Wagon Works
http://www.trainz-carriage-wagon-works.com/
bren7
New Starter

Post by bren7 »

my daughters boyfriend downloaded updates may 2014 and I downloaded the latestest update when I reinstalled a few weeks ago but it didn't work that's why I gave up I only play the kings x ECML I'm not intrested in any other routes I have wondered whether it possible to delete the other routes so I'm only left with the ECML route on my computer as I've heard that theres so much content that a lot of computers cant cope its just frustrating as everthing work for a year and a half and then suddenly nothing works