Class172
SOTM Moderator
Trainz Version: T:ANE
Trainz Build: 94916
Author KUID: 485742

Corrupted Route File

Post by Class172 »

Hello all,

I've finally managed to get around to moving my content onto my computer from the old PC, however I'm currently rather frustrated at the problem that is being presented to me! For some reason, the old PC has removed all traces of a route I was building - not to worry however as I can just install a .cdp backup into my new installation. Content manager does not display any errors; only a few missing dependencies that are yet to be installed, however when I open the route from the content manager, Trainz presents me with the screen saying that the route file is corrupted and/or is missing components.

I don't know what would have happened to the files, or if this is something that could be fixed.
Capture.PNG
I can't tell if the files are all there - perhaps someone can point out if something has gone wrong.

It is rather frustrating if the route is lost, but at least some of the custom content I started to make is still intact as far as I know. I might treat myself to the new version of tranzdem (I have one from 2010) and start afresh in TANE, focusing on a smaller area.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
clam1952
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 116243
Author KUID: 425700

Re: Corrupted Route File

Post by clam1952 »

need to check that the version of Trainz on the New PC is the same as the version you saved the cdp in or higher, lower will cause that kind of error
Cheers

Malc

Member of Trainz Carriage and Wagon Works
http://www.trainz-carriage-wagon-works.com/
Class172
SOTM Moderator
Trainz Version: T:ANE
Trainz Build: 94916
Author KUID: 485742

Re: Corrupted Route File

Post by Class172 »

Looks like that might be the issue. I'll see if I can get that sorted then.

EDIT: Thanks Clam, that was it.