Issue with Saving

Aunty Acid
Past 100!
Trainz Version: TANE
Trainz Build: 0

Issue with Saving

Post by Aunty Acid »

Hi,

Recently I have been having issues with saving sessions in TS12. Whenever I save, the route session is usually suffixed with several "-Autosave"s and then when I attempt to exit the game/to route selection it refuses to believe that I have already saved and even if I do then save again in does not quit (quitting using Ctrl+Alt+Del). When I reboot the game and go to "Select Route" the route does not show up.

Thanks,
Carol
Thanks,

Carol Stott.

Yes, freedom is good, but arguably, grammar is better.

~ Andy Zaltzman
ScottAS2
Past 100!
Trainz Build: 95078
Author KUID: 306203

Re: Issue with Saving

Post by ScottAS2 »

Aunty Acid wrote:Whenever I save, the route session is usually suffixed with several "-Autosave"s
This reminds me of a spate of problems I had a while back that might be what you're experiencing. I was building a session based on another one and save as-ed it to give it a new name along the lines of "[original name] modified" or something. After a time, I'd quit, with no indication of anything wrong. Each time I came back to it, though, the session list in Trainz showed only an "[original name] (Autosave)" session, which was missing a big chunk of the work I'd done. It turns out what had happened was that the session had saved, but during the save as, the thumbnail image that was in the old session hadn't been copied across to the new session, although it was still referenced in the config file. Thus, Trainz marked it as faulty and refused to display it. The fix was to manually move the thumbnail or simply delete the reference from the config file.

So, before you write off your work, have a poke around in content manager to see if you can find it: possibly it has been saved, but has a trivial error that's preventing it from showing up.
Aunty Acid
Past 100!
Trainz Build: 0

Re: Issue with Saving

Post by Aunty Acid »

Thanks, I think I fixed it.
Thanks,

Carol Stott.

Yes, freedom is good, but arguably, grammar is better.

~ Andy Zaltzman