Moving Trainz 12 to a new PC

Skipper12
Past 100!
Trainz Version: TS12
Trainz Build: 61388

Moving Trainz 12 to a new PC

Post by Skipper12 »

Hi,

I recently got a new PC and installed Trainz 12 from the disk again. I then copied the files across from the previous PC. The game appears to run fine but then crashes after a few minutes of playing. Has anyone else experienced this or is there something I have missed? It is running build 61388 which I believe is the latest version?

Thanks in advance, Tim
Keep Calm and PLAY TRAINZ!
Shippy2013
Past 100!
Trainz Build: 61383

Re: Moving Trainz 12 to a new PC

Post by Shippy2013 »

Did you run a full data base repair. I had a similar situation. A data base repair seemed to fix it.
Skipper12
Past 100!

Post by Skipper12 »

Thanks for the reply. Yes I have tried both short and long database repairs but to no avail. I have also tried deleting the whole lot and trying again.
Keep Calm and PLAY TRAINZ!
Nexusdj
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 123794
Author KUID: 45317

Post by Nexusdj »

In the display settings try changing from Direct X mode to Open GL mode or vice a versa ?
Have you set up the correct display resolution and bit depth ?

In the developer tab have you clicked to show the Taddaemon process window .
It could be that its running an asset verification check at the same time , I've had that happen without realising and its let me go about 5 minutes in a route before locking up ?
The final build of TS12 is a paranoid piece of software that will run an asset verification if it senses the slightness thing is wrong or if the umbilical cord to the mother ship (internet) goes down :roll:
High visibility pixels must be worn when on or about the line !!
davies_mike57
Milepost 7
Trainz Version: 12 SP1
Author KUID: 102457

Post by davies_mike57 »

If you purchased a new PC then likely that you have Windows 10 as the operating platform.
Have experienced crashes like this on other PC when running older software on newer machines.

:idea: As an experiment try running the Train Simulator 12 (.EXE) file in windows compatible mode for (Windows 7) to see the result.
Also found that in the Trainz setup use directX graphics.

Strongly recommend upgrading your copy of Trainz Simulator 12 to version 3.7 (build 61388), service pack available from the trainzportal.com sites.