TS12 Path Rule failure & coupling issue

Mightyena
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: T:ANE
Trainz Build: 105766
Author KUID: 688183

TS12 Path Rule failure & coupling issue

Post by Mightyena »

Hi everyone, it's me again, with more TS12 based annoyances. Mainly, I find that after an hour or so of running a session, AI trains using the path rule by _mutton_ will start acting up. Either it won't actually set the path when commanded and the train ends up somewhere it shouldn't be, or it will straight up produce the dreaded red cockroach (output listed below for those with any knowledge) and then the junctions will be permanently stuck in one direction.

A second issue, though intermittent, is that coupling doesn't work. I can uncouple using the UI or the Uncouple command, but then coupling up does nothing. Driving back up to the detached consist just bumps them together, but they don't connect and the red "couple" icon is white and can't be clicked. Using the "couple" command just causes them to drive together, and just keep going, pushing the consist down the line but never connecting.

Would anyone know what's going on with these issues, and if they can be fixed, how to go about it?
James M, creator of the
network
shaneturner12
Past 250!
Trainz Version: TS12/TANE CE
Trainz Build: 61388
Author KUID: 234888

Re: TS12 Path Rule failure & coupling issue

Post by shaneturner12 »

Not sure about the coupling, but the first issue is what's known as an overflow and means that something has overflowed the scripting system. I've seen this happen with DriverCommand and DriverModule but in a different scenario.

How many paths have you got set up on the path library?

Shane
Mightyena
Forum Veteran

Post by Mightyena »

Quite a few, there's the paths in and out of the main terminus (13 platforms, in and out to Fast and Slow lines, so 52 there), 8 more for the other terminus, and a handful to protect a diamond crossing along the way. All in all, about 80-90 over the whole route
James M, creator of the
network
shaneturner12
Past 250!

Post by shaneturner12 »

That may be part of the issue as it's permit related (it might be that several permits are being granted in a short timeframe).

Shane
Mightyena
Forum Veteran

Post by Mightyena »

Ah, fair enough. So it's failing because too many paths are being set too quickly? This could be problematic for my bigger routes...
James M, creator of the
network
shaneturner12
Past 250!

Post by shaneturner12 »

That is possible - TS12 does run into problems when larger routes are involved particularly with intensive AI operations.

Shane
Mightyena
Forum Veteran

Post by Mightyena »

Hmm, this isn't even a particularly big route, I dread to think what will happen once I start setting up AI on my larger routes then! At least my rework of Watley Junction should be small enough to avoid that problem too much
James M, creator of the
network