Railwaves Content Issues

Nexusdj
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 123794
Author KUID: 45317

Re: Railwaves Content Issues

Post by Nexusdj »

It's the attachment point height that's the problem . Run both the bodyshell and snowsignal's pantograph through the Pevsoft mesh viewer and then right click/show attachments and then compare the 3 figures that your given with those of any potential new pantograph ?

Now if the new one doesn't match don't panic ..... there is a way (for your own use) of getting another pantograph to fit ;)

BUT it needs to be compatible with UK height catenary . Trainz uses 2 (as far as I'm aware unless the US stuff is higher) heights for catenary .
UK height
European/Rest of world height (which is higher) .

There's a mesh position adjustment function in 2010 and above :)
High visibility pixels must be worn when on or about the line !!
PFX
Forum Veteran
Trainz Build: 119450

Post by PFX »

Thanks for that nexus.

My previous post was perhaps a bit lacking in detail as I was posting at work (yes, bad me!). What I've just discovered on attempting your fix, is that snowsignal's pantograph will display in mesh veiwer in all it's glory. The error on the panto itself is that the required container "mesh table" is missing. On adding the container, I get a new error 'This asset does not have a mesh that is visible by default'. Is there a fix for this?

If not, I'll continue with the fix you've supplied there.

Sorry for not having the full facts earlier.

Innis
squit13
Past 500!
Trainz Version: TRS12 SP1
Trainz Build: 58414
Author KUID: 465987

Post by squit13 »

PFX wrote:Thanks for that nexus.

My previous post was perhaps a bit lacking in detail as I was posting at work (yes, bad me!). What I've just discovered on attempting your fix, is that snowsignal's pantograph will display in mesh veiwer in all it's glory. The error on the panto itself is that the required container "mesh table" is missing. On adding the container, I get a new error 'This asset does not have a mesh that is visible by default'. Is there a fix for this?

If not, I'll continue with the fix you've supplied there.

Sorry for not having the full facts earlier.

Innis
That container has the details for the actual mesh in it. You need to add a mesh to it, then select the .im file in the panto folder. Then right click the mesh you have added(on the right in ccp) and add 'auto-create' and tick the box next to that. You may also need to include the animation. Sorry i cant be more help but i dont have the asset.
Good Luck
Huccaby
I'm gonna' be a 'senior driver'-According to the Trainz 12 Achievements, thats 10,000 hours-over 1 year constantly using trainz, without faults...

TRS12 Ann Ed.
PFX
Forum Veteran

Post by PFX »

I'm trying both methods, one to retain the original panto the other as a back up.

I'm very sorry if I'm sounding stupid here. I'm straying way beyond my usual error correction knowledge.

@nexusdj, where is the mesh position adjustment function. The a.pant0 coordinates are on the body mesh but the panto mesh doesn't have any.

@ squit Hmmm, I've attempted to change the config but as nothing displays in CCP, I'm a tad unsure as to how to proceed. Although I've managed to create an im no problem.

This is the config I have currently. I've removed the license details to save some space.

username "Class 357 Pantograph"
kuid <kuid:164566:57002>
description "Class 357 Pantograph"
kind "pantograph"
author "Alan Thomson / Railwaves.com"
organisation "Railwaves.com / UKRailsim"
contact-email "support@railwaves.com"
contact-website "http://www.railwaves.com"
license
category-region "UK"
category-era "1980s;1990s;2000s"
trainz-build 2.9
category-class "ZX"

obsolete-table
{
}

kuid-table
{
}

mesh-table
{
}
squit13
Past 500!

Post by squit13 »

PFX wrote:I'm trying both methods, one to retain the original panto the other as a back up.

I'm very sorry if I'm sounding stupid here. I'm straying way beyond my usual error correction knowledge.

@nexusdj, where is the mesh position adjustment function. The a.pant0 coordinates are on the body mesh but the panto mesh doesn't have any.

@ squit Hmmm, I've attempted to change the config but as nothing displays in CCP, I'm a tad unsure as to how to proceed. Although I've managed to create an im no problem.

This is the config I have currently. I've removed the license details to save some space.

username "Class 357 Pantograph"
kuid <kuid:164566:57002>
description "Class 357 Pantograph"
kind "pantograph"
author "Alan Thomson / Railwaves.com"
organisation "Railwaves.com / UKRailsim"
contact-email "support@railwaves.com"
contact-website "http://www.railwaves.com"
license
category-region "UK"
category-era "1980s;1990s;2000s"
trainz-build 2.9
category-class "ZX"

obsolete-table
{
}

kuid-table
{
}

mesh-table
{
}
Give us a few minutes and ill create a 'mesh table' for you to put in :)
Huccaby
I'm gonna' be a 'senior driver'-According to the Trainz 12 Achievements, thats 10,000 hours-over 1 year constantly using trainz, without faults...

TRS12 Ann Ed.
squit13
Past 500!

Post by squit13 »

Sorry for ther double post. Please correct me anyone...

Code: Select all

mesh-table
{
  {
    mesh                                [add the .im file here(inc .im extension)]
    anim                                [add the .kin file here(inc .kin extension)]
    auto-create                         1
  }
}
There may be more to add, but i dont know the asset, as i dont have it.
Best of luck,
Hope this helps,
Huccaby

TRS12 Ann Ed.
Nexusdj
Forum Veteran
Trainz Build: 123794
Author KUID: 45317

Post by Nexusdj »

In Content creator right click on the "Default" entry in the mesh table list on the left hand side and add "Position" from the drop down list .

This is the mesh table for strings GEC crossed armed pantograph so that it will fit Pikkabirds class 87 :

Code: Select all

mesh-table
{
  {
    mesh                                "GECx.im"
    auto-create                         1
    position                            0,4.6,3.45
    anim                                "anim.kin"
  }
}
It's not perfect on the loco as the base frame of the pantograph that Pikkabird used on the 87 is actually part of the loco mesh so it's a bit messy but only when you look closely at the roof .

3 coordinates X,Y and Z . X moves the mesh side ways on the loco so wouldn't be used . Y moves it along the loco towards either cab . Z is the height from the attachment point . The pantograph attachment point being set to 0 , 0 , 0 on the class 87 . So pikkabirds original pantograph will have had it height and position set up in Gmax before it was exported .
High visibility pixels must be worn when on or about the line !!
PFX
Forum Veteran

Post by PFX »

Huccaby, thanks a million. Problem solved.

Nexusdj, thanks as ever. I know half your solution works but it looks like the 357 panto is back in business.

Thank you both for the time and explanations.
I'll get the hang of this one day...

Innis
Class172
SOTM Moderator
Trainz Version: T:ANE
Trainz Build: 94916
Author KUID: 485742

Post by Class172 »

Right I'm going to finally get this all sorted, but in order to do so I would like to know if I have the latest version of each of these packs.
  • rw_uk_signal_pack
  • rw_electrostar_pack
  • rw_super_voyager221
If anyone could tell me if I haven't got the latest version then that would be useful.
Warbo40
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TS2012 (SP1)/S&C
Trainz Build: 57898
Author KUID: 441222

Post by Warbo40 »

Class172 wrote:Right I'm going to finally get this all sorted, but in order to do so I would like to know if I have the latest version of each of these packs.
  • rw_uk_signal_pack
  • rw_electrostar_pack
  • rw_super_voyager221
If anyone could tell me if I haven't got the latest version then that would be useful.
Right the electrostar version i have that works in my trainz game is rw_electrostar_pack_rel2
The signal pack i have that i know doesn't work in 2012 is rw_uk_signal_pack v.3
Not sure about the super voyager but mine don't have any kuid2 updates but i have got an update concerning the interior which is kuid2:67906:55010:1. This concerns the combined throttle / brake control to be activated in the newer versions of Trainz.
Work to live not live to work.
Class172
SOTM Moderator

Post by Class172 »

Thanks for that. Out of interest what parts of the signalling pack don't work for you? For me it is the repeaters and the SPAD signals.
Warbo40
Forum Veteran

Post by Warbo40 »

Yeah the repeaters and the S.P.A.D. signal for me also. They are

kuid:67906:24620, kuid:67906:24624, kuid:67906:24625, kuid:67906:24626, kuid:67906:24660, kuid:67906:24720 & kuid:67906:24797.
BTTF-Marty-McFly
Past 100!
Trainz Version: 2012
Trainz Build: 49922
Author KUID: 408155

Post by BTTF-Marty-McFly »

Nexusdj wrote:Every vehicle which is affected by the doortimer texture problem needs to have the "doortimer.im" file run through the pevsoft PM2IM program using the strip textures function .
The texture is actually in the file already and the strip textures function will cure the problem .
Wheres the strip function in PM2IM i cant find it ?

Cheers

Tyler
Vice Chairman Of International Underground

Management Board:
Chairman: James Noyes - liverpool13
Co Chairman: Marty McFly - BTTF-Marty-McFly

Trainz Download Station: Jordan98
Formerly Known As: Tyler-Stonham
Warbo40
Forum Veteran

Post by Warbo40 »

The "Strip Textures" function is in the Options tab when you first click the program on.

Can't remember whether you need to click the "Adjust Speculars" function though or not. Can anybody confirm or not ?
Class172
SOTM Moderator

Post by Class172 »

I never did anything to the speculars option, I just ran the files though in the default setup (with strip textures of course). It seemed to do the trick.