Data didn't save properly on last save!

thingy2000
New Starter
Trainz Version: Trainz mac 2
Trainz Build: 64072

Data didn't save properly on last save!

Post by thingy2000 »

Does anyone know how to restore trains 2 data back from time machine? I've been working on a local route and now I fear three month's work have been lost. Any help or suggestion would be an enormous help.
clam1952
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 116243
Author KUID: 425700

Re: Data didn't save properly on last save!

Post by clam1952 »

Try the N3V forum, not sure if anyone here has a Mac. On Windows there is a Userdata\backup folder which will contain a backup of everything you deleted or changed, no idea if TSMac has anything like that.
Cheers

Malc

Member of Trainz Carriage and Wagon Works
http://www.trainz-carriage-wagon-works.com/
Nexusdj
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 123794
Author KUID: 45317

Post by Nexusdj »

I know it's not much help at the stage your currently at but as a suggestion for future reference :
Whenever working on your own content , always save it away from Trainz as a .cdp file (Not having a Mac I assume it's the same or similar) when you have finished working on it , Never rely on the program maintaining the integrity of your files or automatically storing a backup version !

It's a lot easier to delete unwanted backup files than to have to rebuild months of work .
High visibility pixels must be worn when on or about the line !!
thingy2000
New Starter
Trainz Version: Trainz mac 2
Trainz Build: 64072

Post by thingy2000 »

Thanks to everyone who looked at this problem and to those that replied (very quick response) I have taken onboard your suggestion and I will implement them in the future, I have been a fan of Trainz for over 10 years (Windows, mobile & now Mac), I will certainly try and find a way to save away from the main program before attempting any more building.
stuartluff
Milepost 3
Trainz Version: Mac

Post by stuartluff »

On the Mac version you can recall backups by clicking on 'Go' in the Finder menubar. Hold down 'option/alternate' and 'Library' will appear in the list. Click Library, open Containers, open com.n3vgames.trainzmac2, then Data, then open 'tz' and then 'backups'. Launch TimeMachine and bring back the route/item as you would normally in Time Machine.

Don't mess with anything else in these folders though as they are your game files and will completely spanner things if you don't know what you're doing. Its why the Library item is hidden in the Finder menu. ;)

Hope that helps.