Post your Trainz videos in this forum.
Hope epic97
Past 250!
Trainz Version: Trainz 2010
Trainz Build: 44653
Author KUID: 450814

New trainz video series.

Post by Hope epic97 »

Hey everyone, im making plans to start a small series of videos involving trainz as a sort of project, the series is set in steam age somerset respectively... since i live there. I am collecting a fleet of locomotives to be the characters the newest of these are a Fowler 2P 4-4-0 allocated to templecombe and a black five 4-6-0 allocated to bath green park. The series will begin its slow progression when i purchase the full version of fraps, i am currently planing and to a lesser extent writing the scripts. As each episode is completed i will upload it to YouTube. (THIS SERIES IS HEAVILY BASED ON RHYSICUS'S RAILWORKS SERIES FLIGHT OF THE PHEONIX AND OVER THE HILLS) You will have to excuse the teenager voices in the video, its the best i can do, Also i am trying to make this series as prototypical as possible, thankfully Ian Allan's locomotives and there engine sheds book, which has all the allocated locomotives of each depot recorded in 1959 to help me with that, which i got for christmas in 2007.
Thanks for looking, Willow.
squit13
Past 500!
Trainz Version: TRS12 SP1
Trainz Build: 58414
Author KUID: 465987

Re: New trainz video series.

Post by squit13 »

Sounds interesting. I look forward to seeing some episodes :)
I'm gonna' be a 'senior driver'-According to the Trainz 12 Achievements, thats 10,000 hours-over 1 year constantly using trainz, without faults...

TRS12 Ann Ed.
Hope epic97
Past 250!

Post by Hope epic97 »

John a Stainer 8F 2-8-0.
Will (short for willow my namesake) A SDJR 7F 2-8-0 (which will be lms_mans locomotive when he finish it not the one already available on paul trainz)
Jones A black five 4-6-0 (i think that's the real arrangement correct me if im wrong)
Sam A Fowler 2P 4-4-0 (he is the eldest locomotive and quite senile dare i say...)
And Howl a 9F 2-10-0 (i got the odd name inspiration from howls moving castle made by the infamous studio ghibli and hayo miyazaki)
Hope epic97
Past 250!

Post by Hope epic97 »

OK, Now im at the hard bit... making the set or in other words... the route, i was going to use the SDJR route but that would be to similair to rhysicus's railworks series. So instead im going to make a fictional route set around that area, so my current habit of collecting SDJR assets doesn't go to waste.
At the moment i have a plan for an end to end layout with possible extension potential with several freight industry's to keep the freighters happy.
Hope epic97
Past 250!

Post by Hope epic97 »

I have run into a problem, a missing kuid that went missing when i did a database repair is ... missing... so i am awaiting a reply from lms_man to see if he can send it to me.
Hope epic97
Past 250!

Post by Hope epic97 »

Now that that is sorted i have come up with a plot for a first episode... of sorts, One of the locomotives is scared of heights and usually refuses completely to go to the viaduct and demands to go on the slow line, in the episode he is forced to go on the viaduct by a series of events and he has to go over it regardless of his fears.
The locomotive is probably going to be Jones the black five.
squit13
Past 500!

Post by squit13 »

Hope epic97 wrote:THIS SERIES IS HEAVILY BASED ON RHYSICUS'S RAILWORKS SERIES FLIGHT OF THE PHEONIX AND OVER THE HILLS
I have just watched these videos of youtube, the movie and first 3 episodes, they are brilliant, so annyoed i havnt come accross them before!
I give you great luck for this plan hope
What video software do you intend to use for editing, because i have some wonderfully powerful programs, vegas pro 10 and adobe after effects, and i would be happy to do some work with them for the series, If you wanted i could design a introduction sequence with some great animated titles, if you send me some appropriate footage, so it all works together.

Huccaby
I'm gonna' be a 'senior driver'-According to the Trainz 12 Achievements, thats 10,000 hours-over 1 year constantly using trainz, without faults...

TRS12 Ann Ed.
Hope epic97
Past 250!

Post by Hope epic97 »

That would be very nice, thank you.
squit13
Past 500!

Post by squit13 »

Well when you get some footage, send it over to me, and i will see what i can do.
Do you have a name, or any idea's for intro yet?

Cheers,
Huccaby

TRS12 Ann Ed.
Hope epic97
Past 250!

Post by Hope epic97 »

Well at the moment the footage i have in mind is a lengthy double headed iron ore train is being pulled past a lake (the lake is named loch ghibli due to the routes original origins which were planned by me to be project ghibli) which is then quickly passed by a passenger train headed by one of lms_man's great locomotives. The iron ore train is headed by howl the 9F and the passenger train headed by Nicolas (formally Sam) the 2P and Jones the black five, however Jones is going to be replaced by will the SDJR 7F if lms_man makes one in that scene, to get the feel of the former SDJR. Or Through it is worthy of note that the route is my own work and not the SDJR itself.
Please note i wont be mentioning the name of the lake in the series, because the name ghibli from studio ghibli is probably copyrighted but i plan to release the route so its worth noting its name.
squit13
Past 500!

Post by squit13 »

Thats sounds pretty awesome. Is ghibli the name of the series, or do you have somthing else in mind?
When ever you get the footage feel free to just send it over (my email is in the PM i sent you) and i will wack some titles on.
With the intro, have you considered having multiple shots on one screen? I mean having, say, 4 different bits of video, all on at once, one taking up a respective quarter of the screen? Could be any number of footage. Just a thought...
Do you have any ideas on how you want the title to be, after all it is your production, i just want to show of the little i know in movie editing :P

Huccaby

TRS12 Ann Ed.
Hope epic97
Past 250!

Post by Hope epic97 »

No ghibli isent the name of the series, its the name of the lake (loch ghibli) on the route. and allso yeah... come to think of it 4 bits of imagery in each corner would make it look impressive to say the least.
The title i think is going to be: Past the lakeside railway, I'm going to start the episode filming when i have the full version of fraps but the intro should be possible with the demo version.
squit13
Past 500!

Post by squit13 »

Well when you get some footage ill have fiddle and see what i can come up with :)

TRS12 Ann Ed.
Hope epic97
Past 250!

Post by Hope epic97 »

I have finally come up with a setting for the series, I have junked the original area its set in, the route is now based around the decline of steam with the trains in filthy condition. The main area is a coal colliery were the locomotives live after there original depot was closed, somewhat explaining there filthy condition. The idea came to me last night after reading a old copy of northern railways and reading the article on 8F's and a depot that name escapes me currently. and i pictured an 8F struggling up an embankment out of a colliery with a lengthy train of coal wagons, being banked by a M7 i believe (that idea of the banker came from reading the thread about Skipper1945s new M7 release on the auran forums)

The allocation of locomotives in the coal colliery are a mix of EX Somerset and Dorset locomotives Great western and midland types, with a few eastern and southern thrown in for good measures.
The story's are set around what happened to the locomotives up to the end of steam, told by the survivors of the group at the colliery the locomotives that were preserved when the steam engines were outed and the few tank engines that continue to serve with the NCB.
I haven't come up with any episode or intro plans yet, but i have an idea what i am going to do for the end of the last episode (That is set in the colliery at least)
One of the 8F's heads home after working the days coal duties, upon reaching the coal colliery he is informed by the other engines that they are being sold and the ones that don't get bought are going to Barry scrapyard. The 8F shocked at the news jolts backwards knocking his tender off the rails, the workmen at the colliery decide that it would be allot easier to leave him there for the time being. One of the WD 2-8-0's comes forward and says (8F's name) you really do get yourself in the sh*t don't you mate?
The 8F grimaces and blows steam in the WD's direction and says oh.. shut up. The scene then fades black and the bold words: 4 Hours later appear. A new scene fades back on with a birds eye view of the shed, The engines are arguing. One such engine has got badly drunk on a Wine branded: Great western delight. And is swapping some bad language, Its not until the S&DJR 7F cant take anymore and shouts at them to shut up because he and his driver are writing a story called meet the engines (the first episode) While the fireman is off getting dinner. One of the younger engines suddenly pipes up after a long silence and says: What do you think will happen to us? One of the EX Great western locomotives shouts loudly in strong west country accent from the other side of the shed, I dunno lad but lets hope it aint terrible ey? One of the Southern locomotives groan. Goodnight everybody says an ex Eastern locomotive, and the scene fades again. Another scene comes on and a new Class 37 locomotive pulls slowly into the yard, The steam locomotives are waiting for by rail travel to Bristol bath road to be inspected since the facility's at the colliery are long gone replaced by diesel facility's. A portrait of the Steams locomotives taken by a enthusiast appear on screen then it fades away to reveal new diesels on shed.
Then the scene zooms out to see a man looking at the picture (of the steam locomotives) he then turns around and says to a unidentified locomotive, good old times ey boy? The steam locomotive then speaks in a familiar voice, indeed it was. The scene then turns to Mark, The S&DJR 7F 2-8-0 the credits then roll. To comply with reality the locomotive is numbered as one of the scrapped 7F's and set on a fictional preserved line.
323mike
Past 250!
Trainz Version: 2012
Trainz Build: 2

Post by 323mike »

sounds cool cant wait to give it a watch :')