Latest Infuriating TANE issue

PFX
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 119450

Latest Infuriating TANE issue

Post by PFX »

Yet another issue I've encountered with TANE. No idea if this is something that the latest SP caused but here goes.

If you look at the pic below, in particular the top track and one directly below it, you can see the track spline points are slightly greyed in the upper track. That seems to be causing an issue whereby I cannot delete, move, or alter height on those two spline points. The lower, short section of track is just to show what a normal spline looks like.

Has anyone else encountered this and if so, how the effin eff do I get shot of the track?

***EDIT***

Now I've discovered that the screen shot has also removed all the spline points so what I've written above is basically pointless so you'll just have to imagine the bloody spline points.

Cheers,
Innis

clam1952
Forum Veteran
Trainz Build: 116243
Author KUID: 425700

Re: Latest Infuriating TANE issue

Post by clam1952 »

I've seen this before in one of the early TANE Betas a couple of years ago. Can't remember how I got round it but I did somehow!
Long shot but try deleting the track but in the other spline mode as in assets not track?
Cheers

Malc

Member of Trainz Carriage and Wagon Works
http://www.trainz-carriage-wagon-works.com/
PFX
Forum Veteran

Post by PFX »

Thanks, I tried that without any joy unfortunately.

Oddly enough, if I attach a different type of track to the end of the offending track, it changes to whatever track I've attached. I can confirm it is not a track object, fixed track, or any other track asset I've seen which changes the track to whatever is connected.

The most frustrating thing is that this and one other piece of nuisance track are what stand between me and completing an updated route.
car112
Past 100!
Trainz Version: TRS19
Trainz Build: 116313
Author KUID: 533914

Post by car112 »

PFX wrote:Thanks, I tried that without any joy unfortunately.

Oddly enough, if I attach a different type of track to the end of the offending track, it changes to whatever track I've attached. I can confirm it is not a track object, fixed track, or any other track asset I've seen which changes the track to whatever is connected.

The most frustrating thing is that this and one other piece of nuisance track are what stand between me and completing an updated route.
I suggest you post this as a new thread on the Trainz Forums or the support thread. If I had TANE and had this same issue, I would be stuck too.
clam1952
Forum Veteran

Post by clam1952 »

I have a feeling the fix was to copy a blank area and paste over the offending track just tick the objects and track.
Cheers

Malc

PFX
Forum Veteran

Post by PFX »

EXCELLENT!

Thanks Clam, that's it gone.
PFX
Forum Veteran

Post by PFX »

So, yet another odd occurrence. Anyone got an idea why the DJBUK bridge ends have vanished? More importantly, I am unable to delete missing ones although all the spline attachment points are still visible. I've tried pasting a blank area on the offending item with no luck.

Cheers,
Innis

cyberdonblue
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: 2006 2012 T:ANE SP3
Trainz Build: 105766
Author KUID: 214658

Post by cyberdonblue »

I have to confess, Innis, that I've been so disillusioned with T:ANE since the lead up to SP3 and my problems with the disappearing terrain that all I've done in the last month or so is download and install SP3 itself (and one or two other little bits that I've seen released and took a fancy to.) I've not actually been able to bring myself to do any actual work on my ongoing projects. However, I have in the past experienced texture problems with the DJBUK bridge ends. They've turned up pink and green on more than one occasion. The only cure for that usually was to save, quit and start again.

I vaguely remember reading something earlier about bridge textures (was it Vern that mentioned it in his post about 2019? Not sure. Might be worth a look.) Sorry I can't be anymore help than that.

Cheers

Dave
cyberdonblue
Forum Veteran

Post by cyberdonblue »

Apologies for two consecutives posts but I now seem to have finally managed to resurrect my Aylesbury to Marylebone route. SP3 completely trashed it with problems similar to yours, Innis, and frustratingly worse. I was on the point of throwing the towel in completely, believe me. 95% of the problem was that masses of built in assets were reporting that they were modified and faulty. I'm not exaggerating when I say masses either. No end of database repairs did absolutely nothing so I had to resort to going through CM with each asset in red and clicking on "revert to original" with virtually every single one. Once reverted, some of them still didn't show up in my route as anything other than orange blocks. I had to find the asset in the list on the right of the page in Surveyor and then click on the asset in the route before it would appear. :evil: After this, though, the database repairs did actually begin to work and some of the dodgy items began behaving.

After going through all this performance half a dozen times or so, I got so depressed that I just quit. A week or so later I convinced myself to open the route again and, hey presto, the modified stuff (or non modified stuff, depending on how you look at it) was all back in place. However, I still has loads of dotted white lines where my roads were, missing footbridges and reams of other stuff. I'm about 98% of the way through getting things back to normal. Another whole week of putting right the wrongs of SP3. I was going to post some screenshots, but to be honest I just couldn't be arsed after this long drawn out affair.

Trainz 2019? Don't tempt me to say something that I might regret for a long, long time! :twisted:

Cheers

Dave
PFX
Forum Veteran

Post by PFX »

Sounds like a nightmare Dave. Hopefully your resolve will beat the electronic demons in the machine.

I still find the application of ground textures tediously slow which is one of the issues I thought SP3 was meant to resolve. Fortunately, I don't seem to have encountered any of the horrors you've been subjected to.
cyberdonblue
Forum Veteran

Post by cyberdonblue »

I can finally see some light at the end of the tunnel, to use the old cliche. I still have a few missing bits but I no longer want to kill somebody and then spend the rest of my days in a padded cell banging my head against the wall :lol:

I'm hugely relieved to finally have all of my point motors back and I've got most of my roads and paths back now too but there are a couple of irritating bits missing that I can neither remove nor pin down to precisely what they are just at the minute. More detective work required.

A couple of platform ends appear to have gone AWOL too which brought a few other problems with assets to my attention.

(Above) I'm really not sure what's going on here. Maybe some missing undergrowth? (but they're rather big orange boxes just for undergrowth.)

I've also found problems with rolling stock, various bogies and a couple of EMU types (313s and some Southern stuff that use the 5WES sound kuid. Seems it was pulled due to a violation of terms or something) but I haven't got the patience to look through all that lot yet. :evil:

It's heading the right way now though. :roll: You never know, I might even get round to working on it properly again soon. :shock:

Cheers

Dave
PFX
Forum Veteran

Post by PFX »

I've seen that wireframe issue mentioned before, perhaps on the N3V forum, but damned if I can remember what it was all about. Not that that's of much help to you!
clam1952
Forum Veteran

Post by clam1952 »

One of the bridge Ends has appeared on the faulty asset list <KUID2:195134:200214:1>, I'll have a look tomorrow and see what's supposed to be wrong with it.

Importing stuff from other versions, doesn't seem to work very well, in both SP3 and TRS19 I had a load of stuff missing that should have been there, that just copying the local and original folders. Open for edit and importing from the old version editing folder seems to be more accurate.
Cheers

Malc

cyberdonblue
Forum Veteran

Post by cyberdonblue »

Thanks Malc. I haven't found any problems with bridge ends to be honest. There are a few texture problems flagging up with various items and some mysterious stuff with some UK station platforms disappearing (a couple of items by stationmistress and one or two more replaced with the dreaded orange box) that I'm hoping to take a look at at some point today. However, I've got an electrician coming to change the duff smart meter that they previously installed so I don't know whether to start looking this morning or wait till he's been (could be anytime.) I'll see how the mood takes me.

Cheers

Dave
clam1952
Forum Veteran

Post by clam1952 »

Nothing wrong with <KUID2:195134:200214:1>, according to the Repair list it's missing an alias AKA mesh asset from the mesh library, which in actual fact is not missing, guess it must have been uploaded before the mesh library.

Problem is it's not listed in manage content because of this false error......
Cheers

Malc