Bloodnok's colour light signals

Peter White
Milepost 7
Trainz Version: TRS22+

Bloodnok's colour light signals

Post by Peter White »

I have recently been beta testing Pierre's (pguy) enhanced Interlocking Tower which he will be releasing fairly soon (a great improvement on the original), and whilst doing so I asked him if he could have a look at Bloodnok's signals to prevent the script errors that occur when using IT. He has altered the script and the are now red bug free so I have got permission from James Moody (Bloodnok) to upload them to the DLS. Rather than clone them and replace the script Pierre and I decided to upload them with Bloodnok's original kuid but incremented to version 10. To do this I have increased the build to 3.5 and repaired all the faults that that produced. They are being tested at the moment and I am waiting for N3V to give me permission to upload them via the repair programme. I will let you know via this thread when that happens.

Peter
cyberdonblue
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: 2006 2012 T:ANE SP3
Trainz Build: 105766
Author KUID: 214658

Re: Bloodnok's colour light signals

Post by cyberdonblue »

A great step forward, Peter, thank you.

I have steered well clear of Interlocking Towers ever since they were released because of the tardy way we, the users of James Moody's signals, were treated when we pointed out the problems that were arising when we were trying to use them with Interlocking Towers during the testing phase. N3V's answer to us was, basically, "tough luck." However, Andy Smith was working with Dave (nexusdj) on a new script in the hope of solving the problems but it all seemed to fade away after a while. Needless to say, poor Andy's passing seemed to have put the matter to rest for good.

It will be interesting to see Pierre's enhanced system though. The original release - from what I read in many of the threads - was ridiculously long-winded and too complicated for most people to want to bother with it. There has to be a simpler way. Let's hope Pierre has found it.

Dave
Peter White
Milepost 7

Post by Peter White »

The signals, which are all version 11, have been sent to Zec Murphy at N3V for him to upload as part of the repair programme. They should now be error free in TANE and red bug free in Driver.

Peter
Nexusdj
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 123794
Author KUID: 45317

Post by Nexusdj »

Your last statement needs to be amended , The existing signals plus my own are error free in TANE and driver , it's just that the Interlocking Tower feature doesn't interact with them correctly . If a user does not make use of IT (I've never used it) then there shouldn't be any problems and they will continue to work as they did in TS12 .

What needs to be asked now is do these upgraded signals still interact with the older scripted signals or are you about to break a lot of UK user routes ?
High visibility pixels must be worn when on or about the line !!
Peter White
Milepost 7

Post by Peter White »

They work fine on the ECML without Interlocking Towers so I don't see a problem. But if you still have a concern I will stop the upload and clone them to upload them for people who use IT. I was just trying to make it easier for everybody.

Peter
Nexusdj
Forum Veteran

Post by Nexusdj »

If you and Pierre kindly allowed me to use the new script then I could update all of my 99 signals that are on the DLS with a higher kuid2 number and a TANE build of 4.3 . As long as the script retains the feather and theatre board feature of Bloodnok's original script then it should be an easy if laborious job for me to do over a few hours .
We can then all move in the same direction from that point , Everyone's happy , Nothing gets broken and normal users haven't got to swop over signals on their routes .

This is why David Bird and Myself were working with Andi06 last year to reach the same goal . Andi asked to put the update on hold last Christmas and we were waiting for him to pick up the reins again .
Peter White
Milepost 7

Post by Peter White »

I have asked Zec Murphy to hold off with the upload until we get this rectified. If you wish I could send you the script to check they are ok with your signals and on your route. Both David Bird and myself have been testing them and after a slight adjustment everything seems ok. PM me with your email address please.

Peter
Nexusdj
Forum Veteran

Post by Nexusdj »

Thank you for your reply , PM'd you my current email address .
Peter White
Milepost 7

Post by Peter White »

After further testing by Dave (nexusdj) and David (davidbird), who I would like to thank, to ensure they worked with, or without using Interlocking Towers, the cdp containing all of bloodnoks colour light signals version 12 have been sent to Zec Murphy at N3V for him to upload using bloodnoks kuid. I would thinks these will appear early in the New Year.

Peter
cyberdonblue
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: 2006 2012 T:ANE SP3
Trainz Build: 105766
Author KUID: 214658

Post by cyberdonblue »

Nice work Peter, Dave and David. Thank you for your combined efforts and for sorting this long-standing problem. I might now venture into the world of Interlocking Towers and see if I can make any sense of it.

Dave
Peter White
Milepost 7

Post by Peter White »

It would seem that the updated signals have not been uploaded yet even though I have a reply from Zec Murphy stated that he had done so.
I sent the CDP to Zec on 31st December but got no reply.
I queried the receipt of the CDP with Zec on the 11th Jan and the 3rd of Feb and finally got the following answer

Hi Peter
My apologies, it has been a very very busy couple of weeks. However, things are now settled and I should be able to upload these in the next 2-3 days.

Regards

I again queried the upload on the 16th Feb and got the following answer

Hi Peter
I have finally gotten them to upload, I had some issues that needed sorting out before they would go up, but they should now appear in the next 24 hours.

My apologies again for this taking a while.

Regards

I am still waiting........

So, if anybody would like the CDP of the updated assets that work error free with Interlocking Towers just PM me with your email address and I will send them to you.
(but SODS LAW says that now I have posted this they will suddenly appear on the DLS)

We live in hope

Peter
Nexusdj
Forum Veteran

Post by Nexusdj »

I've been looking through the latest list of fixes included in service pack 2 for TANE and found this one : ITs can now be configured in ECML
http://www.trainzportal.com/news/view/t ... eta-update

You'll probably find that Bloodnok's updated signals will be included in the service pack 2 download ?
Peter White
Milepost 7

Post by Peter White »

Well spotted Dave.

I looked at that list this morning and never put two and two together. I'm surprised that Zec didn't say anything about it when he replied to my email. But then again this is N3V we are talking about and looks like another feather in their cap for repairing a built in route. ;)

Peter
clam1952
Forum Veteran
Trainz Build: 116243
Author KUID: 425700

Post by clam1952 »

Well SP2 is still Under NDA until the expected update to the beta goes to public beta, so Zec is possibly restricted in what he can let out of the bag.
Cheers

Malc

Member of Trainz Carriage and Wagon Works
http://www.trainz-carriage-wagon-works.com/
Peter White
Milepost 7

Post by Peter White »

It would seem they are not to be included in SP2. Latest email from Zec

Hi Peter
I've just checked the system, and it looks like they were rejected due to an issue with the upload system at the time. I've uploaded them again and they should get through this time.

My apologies for the delay.

Regards