T:ANE SP 2

clam1952
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 116243
Author KUID: 425700

Re: T:ANE SP 2

Post by clam1952 »

Setting Trigger Radius for junctions is also broken, defaults to 10 meters and the get value doesn't work, known bug acknowledged by Tony H which will be dealt with in the next patch, works OK with triggers.
Cheers

Malc

Member of Trainz Carriage and Wagon Works
http://www.trainz-carriage-wagon-works.com/
cyberdonblue
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: 2006 2012 T:ANE SP3
Trainz Build: 105766
Author KUID: 214658

Post by cyberdonblue »

Does that affect ATLS too?

Dave
clam1952
Forum Veteran

Post by clam1952 »

Not sure on that one Dave, not heard anyone complaining yet.....
Cheers

Malc

Nexusdj
Forum Veteran
Trainz Build: 123794
Author KUID: 45317

Post by Nexusdj »

cyberdonblue wrote:Yeah, I've got that same problem too, Malc. It's very annoying because, whilst the extended DBR appears to have fixed the lock ups, the flashing continues but only once I have moved from the original starting point in Surveyor. If I open a route and leave it, all is fine, the second I move...; but it's pretty pointless not being able to move, isn't it?

I need to spend more time checking this out properly but my time will be limited somewhat today and tomorrow. I should get some time this afternoon/evening but tomorrow I'll be out all day. I'll keep persevering though.

Cheers

Dave
Dave have you considered altering your graphics card settings for running TANE . I use an AMD card and in the Catalyst control centre I've got each TANE install set up with all of the individual settings set to "Use application settings" . You might be experiencing some in-fighting between the graphics card and TANE's own graphics settings ?
High visibility pixels must be worn when on or about the line !!
cyberdonblue
Forum Veteran

Post by cyberdonblue »

Nexusdj wrote: Dave have you considered altering your graphics card settings for running TANE . I use an AMD card and in the Catalyst control centre I've got each TANE install set up with all of the individual settings set to "Use application settings" . You might be experiencing some in-fighting between the graphics card and TANE's own graphics settings ?
Yeah, Dave, it's already set to "Use applications settings." My card's a GTX780Ti and I'm sure there's some sort of (profile?) setting somewhere that was put together by Nvidia designed specifically for T:ANE's optimal performance but I'm buggered if I can remember where that is. I remember posting something about it on here not long after T:ANE was originally released because N3V had been working with the Nvidia people to try and get the best out of their (N3V's) graphics. I can't even find that post, never mind where the setting is located. :lol:

I've had a look briefly today at my flickering problem and it hasn't gone away. I'd love to know what's causing it.

Cheers

Dave
PFX
Forum Veteran
Trainz Build: 119450

Post by PFX »

The only issues I've encountered so far are the preview window on the scenery items displaying a 'spinner' as if the image was loading, and over-writing a route creates multiple instances of sessions rather than over-writing the existing session of the same name.
cyberdonblue
Forum Veteran

Post by cyberdonblue »

I remember that multiple save thing was a problem previously in T:ANE but it was fixed by one of the patches. Obviously somebody's tweeked something that's made the problem come back again.

Dave
PFX
Forum Veteran
Trainz Build: 119450

Post by PFX »

Yes, that's why I mentioned it. Not a huge issue in the grand scheme of things as long as I remember to delete the correct session and not the one I've been working on most recently.
blackwatch13
Past 500!
Trainz Version: TRS 2019
Trainz Build: 105096
Author KUID: 222042

Post by blackwatch13 »

When users such as myself find these problems as soon as they use the sim after patching, it makes me
wonder why all these 'Beta Testers', (who you would assume to be the more knowledgable users of the sim)
don't find these faults when testing.
Maybe it's time N3v employed a couple of professional game testers, who would not let this sort of problem
get through, on pain of having their wages docked. (that always seems to make a worker more diligent) :lol:
Tane SP3 build 94916 + SnC & Duchess
klambert
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: 2012 TANE
Trainz Build: 61297
Author KUID: 393563

Post by klambert »

Currently running TANE on 6gb of RAM and with an integrated Graphics chip, I don't seem to be having the flickering issues either, although I am running with most of the graphical set to either low, minimum with the shadow settings off.

However I was getting the spinner on the preview screen within the object menu, the save issue and the problem of not returning to the location I was previously. I'm also getting the surveyor curser, feeling like it's attached to a lead weight again when I drag it around.

Was having a play with TS10 not that long ago. It was refreshing to return to a version of trainz where most things worked like they should, even TS12 feels positively reliable compared to TANE!
http://berkshiretrainz.webs.com/

Great Bolshy Yarblockos!
clam1952
Forum Veteran

Post by clam1952 »

blackwatch13 wrote:When users such as myself find these problems as soon as they use the sim after patching, it makes me
wonder why all these 'Beta Testers', (who you would assume to be the more knowledgable users of the sim)
don't find these faults when testing.
Maybe it's time N3v employed a couple of professional game testers, who would not let this sort of problem
get through, on pain of having their wages docked. (that always seems to make a worker more diligent) :lol:
Because you can't report what doesn't happen in what we tested. Hundreds of bugs were reported and fixed during testing.
More to the point is what was released is not the same as the Final Release Beta we tested..... SP2 release build wasn't tested, we had to patch from the beta to get SP2 at the same time as everyone else, pretty much the same size small patch for the Beta as for the Retail version.
Final stage of any beta test is to release it to the masses, as it is impossible to test every combination of hardware and software, look at Microsoft for a good example of releasing buggy software....

N3V are on to the importing sessions issue anyway so watch this space, note this did not appear to be a problem in the Final Release Candidate.
The spinner issue is related to the slow / non downloading or displaying of thumbnails, again that is being attended to by N3V and yet again did not happen in the final release candidate!

Blame the testers if you want however we didn't release an untested build!
Cheers

Malc

RowanTrodd
Milepost 3
Trainz Version: TS12

Post by RowanTrodd »

As a Software Engineering student, it defies logic that a company should change the release candidate that was accepted by beta testers. Obviously, I am not in a position to have seen all of the reasons behind this, but testing Product A, gaining approval and then releasing Product B is a poor waste of the hard-working beta-testers' time as it renders the test darn-near pointless.

As for the way SP2 behaves, there are small additions and improvements which have made the game more playable/usable. I quite like the load overlays, which they've added, along with the stability and graphic/sound improvements. Although is it really an SP update compared to a hotfix? Traditionally, hotfixes tend to simply be collections of bug-fixes and stability enhancements, service packs tend to extend or change functionality and behaviours. There seems to be a lot more bug fixes than new content in the SP2 release.

I personally would like to see an overhaul of the way that driver sessions are played, it's the one thing that I think the simulator really struggles with compared to competitors. Simple improvements to HUDs and the interface would really add a level (its one of the only things that Dovetail's sims do well at) - maybe an idea for SP3?!?!
Mightyena
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: T:ANE
Author KUID: 688183

Post by Mightyena »

klambert wrote:It was refreshing to return to a version of trainz where most things worked like they should, even TS12 feels positively reliable compared to TANE!
Why I'm still on Windows 7/TS12 build 49922. Apart from the route merge bug it works flawlessly. My upgrade strategy for things is generally to wait for a version that actually improves on what I'm currently using. Windows 10 is at best a side-grade. T:ANE is (SP1, I haven't patched to SP2 yet) still a mess, and I will be avoiding it until there is no stuttering, and the colours on transparent/white mesh elements (Such as the windows on WEN's class 477) stop being rendered as green. TS12 SP1 (61388) is literally unusable.
James M, creator of the
network
blackwatch13
Past 500!
Trainz Version: TRS 2019
Trainz Build: 105096
Author KUID: 222042

Post by blackwatch13 »

Malc, I wasn't blaming the beta testers, I know that lots of problems were found by them.
It didn't come over in my post what I was actually getting at, but I'll try in this one.

If when the beta testers have been through their stages, found & reported all they can & N3v have
fixed the faults, passed it back and got acceptance, they should have a couple of paid
testers run the accepted version for a few days, when it proves to be reliable on their
machines, then rubber stamp it & release it without any more changes.

I don't know what procedures are used, that's why I wondered why we get these faults when
we know the update has been tested by actual users, as you stated, it's because they didn't
release the passed version. Why is another question.
Tane SP3 build 94916 + SnC & Duchess
cyberdonblue
Forum Veteran

Post by cyberdonblue »

I've sort of found a partial cure for my flickering problem. I've deleted the 1959 LT stock and the flickering virtually stopped. There's been no more lockups either. I find any flickering that does occur now happens when moving over fairly large distances in Surveyor. Not sure why that should be.

Another problem I've come across is assets having no DLS upload date - including built in assets - and then this is showing the routes they are used in as having "missing assets." Even the tutorials are showing "missing assets" which are all built in items. Is anybody else experiencing that kind of thing?

Dave