cyberdonblue
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: 2006 2012 T:ANE SP3
Trainz Build: 105766
Author KUID: 214658

ASB Crossover – New Version for ER Timeout workaround

Post by cyberdonblue »

ASB Crossover - an ER Timeout workaround

For anyone who does not visit the main N3V forum, this information may be important. Posted by Boat (ASB's creator) it reads:

It came to my attention recently that ASB Crossover was falling foul of the ER Timeout issue. This is a procedure in T:ANE which appears to be designed to limit how much time a piece of script will be allowed to operate.

In setting up, ASB Crossover checks all the signals on a Route. The problem is that when there is a large amount of signals on a Route, ER Timeout thinks it’s taking too much time and kills the program. The result is, the signal pop-up box shows no signals!
This effectively produces a limit to the number of signals on a Route. (A similar thing occurs in the DriverSetUpRule when there are too many trains on a Route)
The actual number of signals depends on how many ASB Crossovers you have, how many signals are selected and how fast your computer is. Try it in the ECML Route which has thousands of signals and you will see what I mean.

The only solution I have is to limit the number of Signals that ASB Crossover looks at.

To do this, with the new version you can now use the Signal Filter option in ASB Crossover. Enter any 1 to 3 characters and the only signals then reviewed will either start or end with those characters. Don’t forget to tick the Filter On box too!
You should then just see those signals. (Obviously if you type in ‘Sig’ and every signal starts ‘Signal...’ then it won’t help, so try putting in the last couple of numbers of your selected signal instead.)

Note that using the similar signal filter in the old version of ASB Crossover will not help. You need the new asset.

This has been approved for upload so should be there very soon. Its KUID2:76656:70001:3

Boat

Cheers

Dave