Changes not saving to route

PFX
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 119450

Changes not saving to route

Post by PFX »

I've encountered a strange new issue (for me at least) when it comes to saving work to a route. Although I start in 'edit route' when I save it and leave the route, next time I open under 'edit route' the changes are gone. However, if I look in the sessions, the changes still exist there.

I've tried merging the session into the route to fix it but it still doesn't seem to have any effect. Any ideas folks?

Cheers,
Innis
Marky7890
Site Admin
Trainz Version: TRS2019
Trainz Build: 90945
Author KUID: 179051

Re: Changes not saving to route

Post by Marky7890 »

Sounds like you are building onto the session layer rather than the route layer.

Mark
cyberdonblue
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: 2006 2012 T:ANE SP3
Trainz Build: 105766
Author KUID: 214658

Post by cyberdonblue »

Apparently there have been some big changes to how everything gets saved. I don't really understand it properly - and I'm not a great fan of the new way, to say the least.

Your route is actually "Open for Edit" while you're working on it and if you're not careful you can end up with hundreds of session copies of the same thing. Whilst I'm working on my WIP, I save to the route layer but put a tick in the box NOT to save the session. Then when I'm ready to shut down I do the same again followed by clicking on "exit Surveyor." T:ANE then asks if I want to save the session. "Over write previous session" (or something like that) is usually already ticked in the box and I just accept the option. This means that I now only have my route and one "Default" copy instead of half a million "Default" copies.

Hope that helps a little bit Innis.

Cheers

Dave
PFX
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 119450

Post by PFX »

I stared editing a route. I never opened a session as I always work on the route or base layer. I went back to the route and discovered everything was saved to the session layer somehow and now I can't get the edits down to the route layer. I thought that's what merge layers was meant to do or have I totally misunderstood. I've also tried saving it as a totally new route but again, nothing saves to the base layer.

***EDIT***

Thanks guys, I had another go at merging it and it seems to have worked now. Maybe it was user error? :|