Scenery Assets Randomly Switching Layers

demobbed
Milepost 1
Trainz Version: T:ANE
Trainz Build: 94217

Scenery Assets Randomly Switching Layers

Post by demobbed »

I've posted this in the N3V forum first but I thought it might be a good idea to post here as well.

I've been using T:ANE since release and up to now I haven't had any issues with it.  I recently upgraded to SP2 Build 88364 and started a new route and have come across something which is a real show stopper for me.

I am a big fan of layers and have several on the route I'm working on, route, scenery, map tiles etc. I am very careful as to what kind of assets I place in each layer in surveyor.

After spending a few hours working on the route, placing assets in their proper layers and saving at regular intervals I decided to call it a day and do a final save and close down.  Upon opening the route the next day I found that the majority of the assets were no longer in their original layers but had moved to others.  For example junction levers that were automatically placed were no longer in the route layer where the track was but are now in the scenery layer and some items even appeared in layers that were created and then locked.

At first I put this down to me not placing items correctly so I went through the route and moved all the offending assets to their correct layers and saved, closed down and then re-started T:ANE.  On loading the route the same thing had happened again.

Is this something that anyone has experienced before? If so is it a bug that is being worked on in the new hotfix or am I the only user to encounter this problem?

Thanks

Chris
demobbed
Milepost 1
Trainz Version: T:ANE
Trainz Build: 94217

Re: Scenery Assets Randomly Switching Layers

Post by demobbed »

From Tony_Hilliam "Fixed in the next update"