Private Content Creator area

Post any suggestions you have for the new forums.
tmz06003
Past 750!

Re: Railwaves MK3 Coaches

Post by tmz06003 »

I'm in agreement with some of these forum changes ideas as well, the recent demands are dragging the forum down and it makes it much more difficult for content creators to do their job when there's lots of irrelevant posts in between. Sometimes the important information can be missed as it's relegated to a previous page. All these do is frustrate the creator and the content takes longer to get finished as a result.

A positive is the encouragement you usually get when announcing a project, I think this keeps us going in the early stage and is therefore helpful.

The negative is the immediate "what liveries" or "will it have a custom cab" that seem to prevail, seeing it from a creators side at this early stage we are concentrating on getting a mesh detailed and built so these demands are distracting. Creators just aren't thinking that far ahead this early.

Appropriate posts to each stage of construction are usually helpful though. I've even had persistent posts telling me to build something a certain way when I've made it clear I can't do that. In that case respect the creator and leave them alone to get on with it.

So what I'm asking is for posters to THINK before they post.

Is your post APPROPRIATE to the thread?

Is it going to HELP or hinder the creator?

Is it going to ADD something to the thread (even encouragement) or not?

Is your post going to distract or take the discussion off at a tangent?

So THINK before you post and DON'T post unless you are adding VALUE to the discussion.

SEE it from our point of view.
Regards,

tmz06003
Warbo40
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TS2012 (SP1)/S&C
Trainz Build: 57898
Author KUID: 441222

Railwaves MK3 Coaches

Post by Warbo40 »

OMG this topic has developed a bit since i last posted.
Work to live not live to work.
patrickalanbooth
Past 100!

Post by patrickalanbooth »

right the forum is fine as it is all we need to do is just read posts then if they are well written and though out or the person has taken some time and effort to write them and show proper interest then its up to the receiver or members to act upon it.
if its rubbish and rude just leave and the mods can delete.
or reply had have a valued conversation.
its that simple the forum doesn't need redesigning we veterans just need to think, i know who my fans are, i know they enjoy using my work, know the effort i put in and know its a hobby (madness) :)
just ignore the people who don't abide by rules of politeness and were fine
thanks
Patrick
Hope epic97
Past 250!
Trainz Version: Trainz 2010
Trainz Build: 44653
Author KUID: 450814

Post by Hope epic97 »

I for one support the idea of making private sections for content creators so they can develop the content without the hassle of the newbies, Though i mean that in a way that conveys no offence or insult to the newbies, They just need to learn.
Personally i am still very much juvenile in content creation, Having only released one asset to date: My much loved pub sign.
To be fair i have been inactive since then in regards to content creation, But you know.. i may just pick it up again. I have also tried my hand at reskinning with varying results, Mostly fictional due to my lack of knowledge of real life prototypes even to the extent of the invention of my own fictional company. Which i started when it seemed to be a trend in the NV3 forums.
So you could say i understand some of the points brought up by content creators.. And some others i don't, But all the same they have the right to be stressed out if demands over there own work are high.
Also before i wrap this post up, I do like that idea mentioned about a tutorial area with tiers for new content creators to gradually progress through. Very original and has potential in my opinion, We should consider developing on that.

Thanks, Willow.
Thanks for looking, Willow.
Gavan0c7
New Starter
Trainz Version: TS12
Trainz Build: 49922

Post by Gavan0c7 »

clam1952 wrote:
<snip>

I learn a heck of a lot by reading what other creators are posting.
This is a pertinent point. Let's not throw the baby out with the bath water! If a section of the forum for content creators can be set up with them having write access and everyone else having read access then the annoying posts won't be there and those with an interest in CC can learn something from the reading.

My 2c
Gavan

<edit> Of course this might just move the begging to PMs. Is it possible to block people from PMing you?
Class172
SOTM Moderator
Trainz Version: T:ANE
Trainz Build: 94916
Author KUID: 485742

Post by Class172 »

I don't think you can block PMs, but you can block user's posts by going UserCP>Friends & Foes >Manage Foes. If you have a problem with a post or even PM, then just report it.
blackwatch13
Past 500!
Trainz Version: TRS 2019
Trainz Build: 105096
Author KUID: 222042

Post by blackwatch13 »

Class172 wrote:I don't think you can block PMs,
You can, just go to 'User Control Panel > Board Preferences' & select 'NO' .............
Tane SP3 build 94916 + SnC & Duchess
Class172
SOTM Moderator
Trainz Version: T:ANE
Trainz Build: 94916
Author KUID: 485742

Post by Class172 »

Ah, yes you can do that but that will block all users then (expt mods) and not just one user.
PFX
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 119450

Post by PFX »

I haven't been online for a couple of days but I was interested to come across this thread, especially given the PM I received from Mr Stonham on 22nd December. I think my answer was perfectly unambiguous (see below).

I'm all for the content creators being left in peace do do what they do. I know tmz is asked almost every time he releases or announces the development of a new loco, two questions are sure to follow; Will you be doing the xxx livery? Does it have a custom cab? The content creators should not have to put up with such pestering and the rest of us should be happy to get what we're given. I am.

Message subject: Railwaves Content

Hello, PFX

I see you have railwaves content could you possibly send me some ?

Tyler-Stonham

Sent: Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:59 pm
View message | Post a reply

Message subject: Re: Railwaves Content

Hello.

Railwaves content is payware and as such, I cannot send you any of the Railwaves items. Even if I could, you might want to think about adding 'please' when asking for things.

Sent: Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:50 am
badger1986
Past 100!
Trainz Version: TANE
Trainz Build: 0
Author KUID: 96495

Re: Private Content Creator area

Post by badger1986 »

would it be possible to introduce a system of vetting for new arrivals where priviledges are removed we bad behaviour?
Although I am away alot at the moment, everytime i read through the forums at the moment it seems like there are more and more people simply coming to the forum and harrassing content creators.

I am all for harsh sanctions against individuals breaking the forum rules. Anyones who signs up for forums agrees to abide by the rules.
gds
Milepost 7
Trainz Version: TS12/TANE
Author KUID: 181684

Post by gds »

I can't help but feel it is sad that it would have to come to this, non-content creators, if you like, can often provide useful sources of information or constructive feedback as well as encouragement to keep working on a project.

If it really is seen as a big problem that can't be tackled in other ways, perhaps a compromise could be a content creation forum that requires posts to be approved before appearing. Perhaps give content creators the right to post without this. Then at least others can still contribute appropriate info/help.
clam1952
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 116243
Author KUID: 425700

Post by clam1952 »

Cheers

Malc

Member of Trainz Carriage and Wagon Works
http://www.trainz-carriage-wagon-works.com/
tmz06003
Past 750!

Post by tmz06003 »

Personally I feel the content creators' forum is working very well, we are able to discuss the new projects between us and we are getting useful relevant feedback in there amongst ourselves without distractions.

This means when we are ready we can announce the projects to the general forum and still get the wider feedback.
Regards,

tmz06003
patrickalanbooth
Past 100!

Post by patrickalanbooth »

post deleted :)
thanks
Patrick
Last edited by patrickalanbooth on Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
greeni
Past 750!
Trainz Version: TRAINZ22PE
Trainz Build: 123799
Author KUID: 174088

Post by greeni »

@ Patrick, The section was created for some people to have a bit of piece and quite, and chat about what they want to build in trainz....routes, rolling stock what ever.

your point is that you created a route, so that should entitle you to be added to the group.... !!!

First have you asked to be added to the group via any of the mod's...??

Patrick, your post sound more like I cant see what your doing in there .....not to sound mean or antagonizing

you quoted "I'm just sad that its gone this way from a forum which I regarded as the best for this field of the hobby has gone this way, British train was mean to continue what we had lost from uk trainz forum but now we have been sectorised."

that forum was originally closed to the public and only opened it doors to outsiders just after 2004 and they started to get pee'd off with the same problem we are having now.

do some of us need to go underground....