Private Content Creator area

Post any suggestions you have for the new forums.
Class172
SOTM Moderator
Trainz Version: T:ANE
Trainz Build: 94916
Author KUID: 485742

Re: Private Content Creator area

Post by Class172 »

If you want to be added to private area then contact Mark, as I am not able to edit user permissions.
blackwatch13
Past 500!
Trainz Version: TRS 2019
Trainz Build: 105096
Author KUID: 222042

Post by blackwatch13 »

I can see the value of this private area, it affords creators the space to bounce ideas off
each other, some are better at one aspect than others & often, it takes more than 1 or 2 creators
to bring an item to fruition, new ground takes a lot of breaking sometimes.
Sometimes a certain person will be needed to get some part of an item done & isn't available for a
time, so the item is held 'on the back burner' for maybe a week or three, if the item is known about
in the 'open' sections of the forum, we know what the scenario would be ...........

"When will it be released ? ......... How much longer ? .......... Will it include - Can you make it such & such ?"

.......... rather than it appear as a nice surprise, presents should always be surprises, just like Xmas every week. :D
Tane SP3 build 94916 + SnC & Duchess
tmz06003
Past 750!

Post by tmz06003 »

Mostly to answer Patrick's post-

At the end of the day what is more important to everyone out there? Getting content quicker and of a better quality because the content creators are given time and peace to discuss without having to justify everything they do immediately, answer inappropriate questions, discuss liveries or cabs when they are only starting to build a mesh and not even thinking that far ahead?

If I'm not spending time answering those questions ad nauseum then I'm actually building something new, I think that's a far more useful way of spending my time rather than answering questions that shouldn't be asked in the first place.

There are at least two of my projects that have DIRECTLY benefitted from the creators area being as it is and these will be shared with the Community when I'm ready.

If we need something specific that we can't get through the closed forum then we can choose to bring it to the open forum ourselves. That should be our choice, not anyone else's. What we do and don't add to a project should be our choice, instead we continually receive a barrage, all that does is put us off.

I'll re-iterate again, the content creators area is working very well and the feedback is much more relevant because we all understand the process and don't expect a new loco to appear in 2 seconds.

Leave it alone, the option is that the area is disbanded and I for one go back to doing what I was before, only posting when something is completelty finished and having not had the opportunity to bounce ideas off anyone at all. Alternatively I give up completely because of the continual stress caused by others. I sure other content creators will know where I'm coming from.

Is that what you all want?
Regards,

tmz06003
ricky25
Past 100!
Trainz Version: TANE/19/22
Trainz Build: 119451
Author KUID: 238689

Post by ricky25 »

Just to get my two pence worth in really.

I believe that the area for creators is a great idea. (I'm not saying that as a creator because my skills are not up to the standard of some, so I'm not biased in any way)
An area for the creators to share knowledge is good because of the above points but the most important thing is the time is spent more on creating and preparation than answering standard queries.

Also, it's not as if the creators are not talking to all us when having some 'down time' from their creation. Many if not all of the creators will still answer general queries reasonably quickly.

Finally, keep up all the good work and I look forward to whatever is 'in the wings'.

Thank you all for all of the assets that have been produced thus far
PFX
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 119450

Post by PFX »

I find it sad that Patrick feels he must head back to the N3V forum just because he is denied access to one sub-forum of the many available here. Unless he has access to the Betatesters section on the N3V forum, he faces the same issue there.

My personal view on the Content Creator's Forum is that it is for those who build assets and not for route builders (who use other people's assets). There is a clear distinction between route building and content creation. I think we are already starting to see benefits from this forum with a number of new assets of supberb quality becoming available of late. I think it should remain a closed forum with there already being an additional two (Rolling Stock and Released Rolling Stock) which are accessible to all.

Personally, I come to British Trainz for relevant info, help and advice, as well as some common sense and manners. I find the N3V forum has become increasingly the domain of immature and irrelevant chatter (although there are a few reliable stalwarts) and usually just skim the contents every few days. Although there are far few users here, the information discussed is far more relevant to what I do.
tmz06003
Past 750!

Post by tmz06003 »

Patrick has been given access to the content creator area, posted an off topic message on one of my threads pressurising about other content so I've deleted the lot and won't be posting there any more.

This is exactly the sort of thing I wanted to avoid that was happening in the main forum. It's basically a free for all so I can't see the point of it any more.

Congratulations, you have got your wish, I'm off.
Regards,

tmz06003
clam1952
Forum Veteran
Trainz Build: 116243
Author KUID: 425700

Post by clam1952 »

Not what I was expecting to hear, I'm guessing that the post been moderated as I'm not seeing one. Maybe reconsider packing in? Hopefully this error in judgement won't happen again.
Cheers

Malc

Member of Trainz Carriage and Wagon Works
http://www.trainz-carriage-wagon-works.com/
blackwatch13
Past 500!
Trainz Version: TRS 2019
Trainz Build: 105096
Author KUID: 222042

Post by blackwatch13 »

Well patrickalanbooth has just put himself on my list of posters who will get NO help from me on
any subject, either on this forum OR the N3V forums. :x
Tane SP3 build 94916 + SnC & Duchess
Marky7890
Site Admin
Trainz Version: TRS2019
Trainz Build: 90945
Author KUID: 179051

Post by Marky7890 »

I have now removed Patrick from the content creation area, I understand now that it was a mistake to add him.

Mark
PFX
Forum Veteran
Trainz Build: 119450

Post by PFX »

If I may make a suggestion regarding the Content Creators Forum, would it not be an idea for access to be granted only after providing some evidence of content creation? On that note, I don't think I should really have access to it as I deal in route building, my only connection to content creation being as a beta tester.
patrickalanbooth
Past 100!

Post by patrickalanbooth »

Dear All
I wish to apologize for my actions on this thread and on Tony's thread on the content creators area, i was out of order and totally wrong in the matter and that i behaved irresponsibly about it, for this i am very sorry to all those who were involved and have been affected.
yours sincerely
Patrick