Where can I find UK trainz freeware?

Locos, DMUs, EMUs, Carriages etc.
kirklamj01
Milepost 1
Trainz Version: 2006

Where can I find UK trainz freeware?

Post by kirklamj01 »

Does anyone know where I could get some decent trainz freeware for the UK steam age?
Now UKBL has gone everything is payware and I can't afford that.

Any help would be much appreciated.
blackwatch13
Past 500!
Trainz Version: TRS 2019
Trainz Build: 105096
Author KUID: 222042

Re: Where can I find UK trainz freeware?

Post by blackwatch13 »

Try here, you have to register, but they have their own little download library
http://www.uktrainsim.com/filelib-directory.php
Tane SP3 build 94916 + SnC & Duchess
honeymonster1971
Milepost 5
Trainz Version: All
Trainz Build: 41844
Author KUID: 123327

Post by honeymonster1971 »

Although you are correct that the UKBL website has gone (it was costing too much to upkeep) skipper1945 is still busy creating his fantastic steam locos and all our older content is on the DLS (except the TTTE stuff).

I was also working on a new loco but my health has stopped me gmaxing at the mo so that's on hold for the time being.

HTH
HM1971 (UKBL Member)

P.S. as for UK content there is also the SnC sites :)
bird_d00
Past 100!
Trainz Version: UTC,TRS2004, TRS2006
Author KUID: 338848

Post by bird_d00 »

There is now a large amount of British content (643 items) on Trainz Pro Routes (aka TPR) http://www.trainzproroutes.org/ , and most of it is for TRS2004 and TRS2006 which I believe you have. This includes Angela Haliday's buildings, my underground stuff, and Jay Hollands Locomotives (mostly but not entirely southern region). There's also some GWR coaches by John Whelan, but they are for TS2009.

You will need to register to be able to download, but it is free. Seperate registrations are required for the forum and the download depot as they are on seperate servers.

Dave Bird
kirklamj01
Milepost 1

Post by kirklamj01 »

Thanks for all your help. Unfortunatly, my DLS won't work and I have already got the engines from TPR. As with UKTS, they don't have many trainz steam locos (17) and you have to wait unless you 'subscribe' to premuim membership. I was wondering if the new UKBL site is going to upload it's old content for people to download again?
kirklamj01
Milepost 1

Post by kirklamj01 »

P.S. Dave, I was wondering if you could tell me which catagory your undergound stock is in on the TPR?
bird_d00
Past 100!
Trainz Version: UTC,TRS2004, TRS2006
Author KUID: 338848

Post by bird_d00 »

Most of my uploaded content so far is scenery, all to be found under 'UK content' - searching for 'London Underground' brings up most of it (except for the walls and cuttings pack). The only stock that is fully finished and uploaded is the 2009 stock and the narrow gauge simplex in the 'UK content/locomotives' category. I have lots more still in development (O stock, C stock, 1995 stock and various LBNGR vehicles are presentable but unfinished, 1938 stock, 1956/1959 stock, 1973 stock, Acton shunter and others still in the works, and that's just my British content !

Some other sites you can try :
http://www.ballynagarrick.net/ing4trainz/index.html - various Irish stock, also GWR broad and standard gauge
http://trainz.luvr.net/ - This has the London Underground 1996 stock by Bogdan Draghici (USER.RO) somewhere on it (This was the basis of the one on the DLS by andi06)
http://www.trainzone.co.nz/ - includes Festiniog NG stock
http://www.whrsoc.org.uk/WHRProject/msts.htm#trainz - West Highland Railway NG stock
http://eastleighworks.jimdo.com/ - there's a Southern E2 on there
http://www31.brinkster.com/decapod/ - his content some of which was on UKBL

I'm sure there is much more available if you google for it.

Dave Bird
honeymonster1971
Milepost 5
Trainz Version: All
Trainz Build: 41844
Author KUID: 123327

Post by honeymonster1971 »

kirklamj01 wrote:I was wondering if the new UKBL site is going to upload it's old content for people to download again?
I'm afraid that even if a new UKBL site was started it would still only have linked content on it that links you to the DLS.

Why doesn't your DLS work? is it because you've only got 2006? If you buy a FCT the DLS should work for you.

HTH
HM1971
kirklamj01
Milepost 1

Post by kirklamj01 »

Just bought TS12, where can I get freeware for that?
JN114
Past 100!
Trainz Version: 2009:WBE
Trainz Build: 44653
Author KUID: 125145

Post by JN114 »

DLS?
Nexusdj
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 123794
Author KUID: 45317

Post by Nexusdj »

With a supported and registered version of trainz installed and running without a first class ticket you are allowed 100 megabytes of free downloads a day from the DLS via CMP.
FTP downloads from the DLS will only work with a first class ticket .

I would recommend grabbing loco's and rolling stock first as a route download can bring with it a large amount of extra dependencies ,
which can soon use up your daily 100 megs allowance !

2009 is currently the lowest version available that allows free downloads with this version supported up until September 2014 .
http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/inde ... cle_Policy
High visibility pixels must be worn when on or about the line !!
blackwatch13
Past 500!

Post by blackwatch13 »

Nexusdj wrote:With a supported and registered version of trainz installed and running without a first class ticket you are allowed 100 megabytes of free downloads a day from the DLS via CMP.
FTP downloads from the DLS will only work with a first class ticket .
Is TS12 different to 2010 then ?
Because I can download via FTP & I don't have a first class ticket.
Mightyena
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: T:ANE
Trainz Build: 105766
Author KUID: 688183

Post by Mightyena »

I have TS12 and I can download via FTP (No FCT), although it fails if you have CMP open at the same time, and is subject to the same speed/100mb total restrictions as CMP. In fact, I actually have to use FTP to download anything over 2mb, as CMP will download it, but when the progress bar getsto the end, it just stops. :?
James M, creator of the
network
blackwatch13
Past 500!

Post by blackwatch13 »

Strange, because I was downloading some Auran texture updates using 'download helper' in CM at the same time as I was downloading other items via FTP, I've always been able to do both at the same time, that's how I beat the 100mb limit.
Nexusdj
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 123794
Author KUID: 45317

Post by Nexusdj »

They must of changed it over the last few years then as we where told that back in the days of 2006 , TC1+2 .
Then again I cant remember a time over the last few years where I haven't had a valid download ticket :lol:

I do remember the old days though when there wasn't a limit on downloads without a FCT and the uproar when it was implemented .
I think allocated kuid numbers back then hadn't long hit the 100,000 mark !!

Given the amount of users now and the fact the DLS goes off regularly on the weekend then I wouldn't be surprised if they dont knock the limit down to 50 megs a day or even less .
Considering the near continuous interaction between CMP and the mothership I'd say it's fairly easy to work out who hammers the DLS for free all week and the more casual downloaders .

@Blackwatch : It's a good job none of the N3V employees browse this forums as they'll see you've found a loophole in the system ....
Which other users will no doubt go off and try once they've read your post , thus ensuring it gets flagged up quicker :lol:
High visibility pixels must be worn when on or about the line !!