Backdated loco

MiniHulk69
Milepost 3
Trainz Version: 2004,2006

Backdated loco

Post by MiniHulk69 »

OK, I have backdated a loco and have 2 problems.

First, I changed the engine spec etc, but the loco won't respond tothe CAB controls. I can inject water using I/O but thats it. Runs fine other wise

Any ideas what I have to edit/change?

Secondly, I added a cab to the loco as it doesn't have a cab and I cant access the cab veiw at all. Any ideas there?
Chris1955
Past 100!
Trainz Version: TRS2006,TC3,TS2010
Trainz Build: 49933
Author KUID: 347716

Re: Backdated loco

Post by Chris1955 »

Presume you are backdating 2009+ to 2004/6. Best person to ask would be robin hoods as he does a lot of steam back dating of jay hollands stuff.

As far as the cab goes if the original didn't have a cab then there will be no attachment point for one, hence probably why trying to add one won't work.

Backdating steamers is not as easy as it looks, have tried with very limited success (the only one that ever worked was an early 2009 one so the config etc was virtually 2006 spec). Additionally you don't say which loco it is, this could help. Presume you asked permission of the creator.

Chris A
clam1952
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 116243
Author KUID: 425700

Post by clam1952 »

From a post by Zec Murphy on the N3V forums re backdating.
The main one is, does the asset take advantage of any new functionality in the newer version? If so, then back-dating the model is likely to see issues, varying from 'fatal' (will not work) to 'minor'.

A few examples here. If the asset uses the newer 'tbumpenv' (or a few other) materials, then it will not work in versions prior to TS2009 SP1 (build 3.0).

If the asset uses the newer smoke effects for steam locomotives, then these would need to be entirely replaced to work in versions prior to TC3.

If the asset uses the newer steam locomotive sounds and physics, then they need to be replaced, and may require mesh changes to make them work correctly, in versions prior to TC3.

If the asset uses the newer bogey tags for sideplay and rotation, then it will need them removed to work in versions prior to TC3 (this will result in the bogies not 'following' the track, or loco frames, correctly).

There are many other functions that are also going to effect this, such as script functions. As such, no overall answer can be given.
Cheers

Malc

Member of Trainz Carriage and Wagon Works
http://www.trainz-carriage-wagon-works.com/
MiniHulk69
Milepost 3
Trainz Version: 2004,2006

Post by MiniHulk69 »

Deleted the loco in question as it was one of them that wouldn't work in TRS 06. Thanks all.